• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else disappointed with our representation on TV?

I can definitely agree we get a poor rep from TV shows like teen mom or 16 and pregnant. Hell I walk through the halls at school and girls give me a dirty look or people talk. I could honestly care less cause I know I'm going to be a good mom and no one can tell me I won't be. I don't party, drink, smoke or do drugs and I never will, it pisses me off when people feel the need to bash on pregnant teens just cause they've decided to keep the baby. One chick even asked me if I was going to get an abortion after I was like 19 weeks, I was like "Uh what the hell?! No!" Some people are stupid -_-

I can definitely agree we get a poor rep from TV shows like teen mom or 16 and pregnant. Hell I walk through the halls at school and girls give me a dirty look or people talk. I could honestly care less cause I know I'm going to be a good mom and no one can tell me I won't be. I don't party, drink, smoke or do drugs and I never will, it pisses me off when people feel the need to bash on pregnant teens just cause they've decided to keep the baby. One chick even asked me if I was going to get an abortion after I was like 19 weeks, I was like "Uh what the hell?! No!" Some people are stupid -_-

actually most of the girl on teen mom have really worked really hard to get where they are now and im pretty proud of them..everyone but Jennelle.

I agree. X

Some young girls choose to get pregnant, like I did. Ive done what I want to do in life, girls holidays, nights out, university but all that matters to me is being a Mum.

People need to accept that if young girls want to be Mums, thatis their right and shouldn't be judged! I know a lot of young mums and they're amazing!

The way I see it is we get more time with our children on earth because we had them younger :happydance:

So true :) allow ever wanted was to be a Mum :)

I think there's way too much pressure on people to go to college/uni and have a career before having children, but at the end of the day, its never too late to go back to college but it is possible to miss your chance of having a family completely!

In light of that, my getting pregnant right now was actually super convenient for me and OH, as we'd planned to start our family around 21/22, but that would be the exact time I would be finishing my uni degree and although I probably wouldn't fall pregnant straight away, I would be torn away from a new job pretty soon, so now, LO will be 4 when I finish my degree, which is when, in my state, they reccommend you start kindy, and I was in a private preschool and daycare pretty much from birth while my mum worked, so I am planning on doing my studies from home, so I get LO all to myself and I won't miss anything, then when he/she is old enough to start kindergarten I'll be starting work with my degree, perfect timing really, I like to pretend it was the universe telling me it's time :haha:

I totally agree, its not the end of our lives, its the beginning :D

That's exactly the way I see it :) and just because we're young, that doesn't mean it's going to have any affect whatsoever on our parenting skills! :D

-Nope! All new mums have to learn whatever their age!

Soon moms breasts will be giving Pamela Anderson a run for her money.
Hahahaha I'm sorry that's unrwlated but. Love that hehe.

So true :) allow ever wanted was to be a Mum :)

I think there's way too much pressure on people to go to college/uni and have a career before having children, but at the end of the day, its never too late to go back to college but it is possible to miss your chance of having a family completely!

i wont argue A YOU are right and can go back and any time..
though i done it both ways and it is 100 -recent easier to do it earlier, younger without OH, kids , any type of full time job meaning kid or kids and outside job... and oh's..

its just so much easier to get it done earlier and to obtain better grades and the career you may want and possibly the school you may want plus the majors you may want to major in, a if you have alot on your life plate, you may not be really able to pull any of that off...

i been on both side of the fence..i went to college right after high school...much easier..

i went back to college after i was married and had kids..i tried three times in all....i did not get to finish those times as it was SO MUCH HARDER with so much on my plate...i do note think people really know that until they really step into that part...

That's exactly the way I see it :) and just because we're young, that doesn't mean it's going to have any affect whatsoever on our parenting skills! :D

i actually do not think 21/ 22 to is to early especially since your done with uni an all...its perfect timing :)
congrats x

I had my daughter at 23

im also not one of those people who thing all young mom are bad moms..

i also dont think all moms are good moms..

lots of times i think some moms get there license to be a mom out of cracker jack box's...dont remember if you have them there in the UK...there like Carmel pop corn in small box's with a small tox's inside...but yummy and the toys ARE quit interesting like maybe a silence to be a mom lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->