• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else disappointed with our representation on TV?

She did? How sad. Poor baby. I feel so bad for Jace.
His grandma takes good care of him but can you imagine growing up and finding a whole tv show showing how bad your mom was towards you?
Hopefully she steps up soon and starts acting like a real mommy befire he realizes he hates her.

he is going to be really mad at her when he grows up...on the up side..he is going to really appciate his grams though and all she done for him

That's the problem with them, they only follow up the crazies and trainwrecks therefore the viewers only see the.bad side... Because if they followed up the success stories they might be seen to be promoting teen pregnancies or something then Dr Drew would have a heart attack and there's be no one to present the season finale :L

no not really..there trying not to promote teen pregancy..so they need to promote the train wrecks....

That's what I was saying :L

Sorry, going back a little, she and baby daddy are happily married and shes continuing school, but shes stayed under the radar and i respect that. ahahah.

I hate what society thinks of us. But I love watching the show. Lol. Make sense?

The only one I liked out of all of them was macy with bentley he is gurjuzz I hated farrah or how ever u spell it haha she done my head in grrr xxx

Everytime farrah cries i just laugh. Its worse than kim kardashians cry baha.

I can't stand the original Teen Mom, I love Teen Mom 2 to death though :blush: it doesn't show on normal TV here in Australia so I download it after it airs in the US!
But I agree, it really doesn't represent the majority of teen mothers at all, it's a very marginal perspective, yet that's what the public judges us on. Go figure :growlmad:

I can't stand the original Teen Mom, I love Teen Mom 2 to death though :blush: it doesn't show on normal TV here in Australia so I download it after it airs in the US!
But I agree, it really doesn't represent the majority of teen mothers at all, it's a very marginal perspective, yet that's what the public judges us on. Go figure :growlmad:

it shows what teen moms are are in the US and that is what the show is based of of except for the cars and 4 bedroom house LOL

it shows what teen moms are are in the US and that is what the show is based of of except for the cars and 4 bedroom house LOL

I own my car and rent a 3 bedroom house with my OH but we work our asses off to pay for that and our other living expenses, you see them doing all that but never working!!! It's so annoying haha :haha:

Soo, I have a bit of a rant about it.. It's what I've noticed not just on TV, but what people tend to think in general.

I found they have those stereotypes because there really is some young moms that aren't meant to be moms, but yet, there's older women who are just as bad, or even worse. Although, since we're younger, they throw the blame on us!

I mean, there's girls in the school I go to who have gotten their children taken away cause they choose to drink and what not, and also girls who smoke like crazy during their pregnancy and they're over 20 weeks, but since those girls do it that means we're all like that. But if a 30 year old woman is some crazy addict lets say and gets her kids taken away, they think it's just that one mom and leave it there.

What takes the cake though is when people complain so many teens are getting pregnant, so they all think we have to terminate our pregnancies because we can't possibly be good parents. So then some teens/women choose to terminate, but after you do it you're seen as the "parent who didn't want that kid and is even more irresponsible because you took a life away".

SO, I mean either way, if you're pregnant/parenting/etc... We're seen as the bad guys because of our age. Because I guess the older you are, the more responsible you are:roll: I mean, what does age have to do with it? :shrug: I've met so many fabulous teen moms on here and in my school. My mom's almost 40 and in reality, is not a part of my life at all because honestly she should not be a mom.

Soo, I have a bit of a rant about it.. It's what I've noticed not just on TV, but what people tend to think in general.

I found they have those stereotypes because there really is some young moms that aren't meant to be moms, but yet, there's older women who are just as bad, or even worse. Although, since we're younger, they throw the blame on us!

I mean, there's girls in the school I go to who have gotten their children taken away cause they choose to drink and what not, and also girls who smoke like crazy during their pregnancy and they're over 20 weeks, but since those girls do it that means we're all like that. But if a 30 year old woman is some crazy addict lets say and gets her kids taken away, they think it's just that one mom and leave it there.

What takes the cake though is when people complain so many teens are getting pregnant, so they all think we have to terminate our pregnancies because we can't possibly be good parents. So then some teens/women choose to terminate, but after you do it you're seen as the "parent who didn't want that kid and is even more irresponsible because you took a life away".

SO, I mean either way, if you're pregnant/parenting/etc... We're seen as the bad guys because of our age. Because I guess the older you are, the more responsible you are:roll: I mean, what does age have to do with it? :shrug: I've met so many fabulous teen moms on here and in my school. My mom's almost 40 and in reality, is not a part of my life at all because honestly she should not be a mom.

i want to say, this show is to show teen mom, however i do agree....they should do a show about bad older moms...why not?

not all older mom should be moms...your right.

but its not being sterialtypical...its just a show about teen moms

i want to say, this show is to show teen mom, however i do agree....they should do a show about bad older moms...why not?

not all older mom should be moms...your right.

maybe you shoule write a letter and get it signed and send it to mtv...i would watch it :)

i couldnt stadn farrah cause she was so spoiled..i love how she got her act together..nobody can really knock that..
i still hate howshe treats her parents though

Also going back. I loved Lizzies episode but I hate her OH for cheating on her!

I think you said it perfectly. Its just easier to pick on us because we're younger.
Because of our age obviously we can all agree we're horrible junkies and bad moms . Lol.

It does suck that its pretty much how everyone sees us. I mean sure theres some teen moms ive seen that are just horrible disgusting people. But I've always had so much respect for young moms cause hell, its hard! I just never realized how hard until i became a mummy myself, and now I have that much more respect for those moms.
Also, iI was raised by a family who respect teen moms. No my family doesn't promote it, but they taught us that its hard being a parent no matter what age you are. But its even.that much harder as a teenager.

I think you said it perfectly. Its just easier to pick on us because we're younger.
Because of our age obviously we can all agree we're horrible junkies and bad moms . Lol.

It does suck that its pretty much how everyone sees us. I mean sure theres some teen moms ive seen that are just horrible disgusting people. But I've always had so much respect for young moms cause hell, its hard! I just never realized how hard until i became a mummy myself, and now I have that much more respect for those moms.
Also, iI was raised by a family who respect teen moms. No my family doesn't promote it, but they taught us that its hard being a parent no matter what age you are. But its even.that much harder as a teenager.

i honestly do not think the show is picking on teen moms..
i think its trying to say...hold on to your childhood a bit longer.

there is a whole life to live out there....live it, momhood is great but its not a horrible thing to wait a bit either :)

I think that is the main idea about the show, but not to actually "pick" on to teen moms but try to prevent it maybe nd give back teens the actual teen yrs...

:)

no throwing rotten tomatos at me, just trying to explain, did not mean to hurt or step on toes...

in another post your righ, thre are older moms who should not be moms either...

but this show is just trying to make teens stay kids a bit longer I think..

that is so not fair, i really do not think everyone sees teen moms as horrible junkie moms...non of anyone I know sees it as that...I sure as heck dont see that..
i see a junkie mom as a junkie mom....
but why would a see all teen moms a bad moms and junkie moms....that would be wrong :(..

at least he genuinely seemed sorry about it and they seem happy now.

Where I live, people hear your a teen mommy and laugh. Although I know Iam a good mom, they automatically aassume that all I do is party and live.like.a crazy teenage sex crazy life style. I'm not saying that any one actually does, its just what people where I come.from think of us.

Also, I don't think the show picks on us either, just most of society as a whole, not the show.
Like when I found out I was pregnant a lot of people made jokes about how I should be on 16 and pregnant and laughing because I would never amount to any thing and end up a specific way.
Honestly it did hurt me but I've learned to get over it and focus on my baby and myself.

Also, when he cheated in her I felt like punching him! Then I cried because I watchex it at like 8 months pregnant and I was an emotional train wreck haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->