Anyone else due in 2 weeks and not decided on a name?!

boobee

1 DD/Expecting No 2
Reaction score
At it says on the tin... Due exactly 2 weeks today and no name for our little girl! I'm frustrated as I've actually chosen a name and my heart is SET on it. OH isn't keen and says no. He has 2 children already who we have a lot, his ex chose the girls name and he chose the boys. Our deal was I could chose the name as long as he liked it (that's fair enough), however I have suggested about 30 names and not ONE of them he likes. I've said to him if that's the case then he needs to suggest some as time is running out and so far he says there are none he likes.

We are not married but our daughter will have his surname (I have no problem with this whatsoever) and the fact him and his ex wife each got to choose a name for their children, I feel like it is only fair that I get to choose my first child's name. I originally thought of a name based purely on the fact I liked it, but didn't think it went well with OHs surname so didn't mention it and forgot about it... As I want something to do with my family's side, I started researching my family tree. My mum has done a lot of it and one day said "what about this name?!" ... It's only the one I liked but didn't mention! It's an unusual name so wondered where on earth she'd heard it and it turns out it's in our family tree from WAY back. She said it sounded perfect with OHs surname and now I've grown to love it and honestly couldn't imagine her called anything else.

I'm stuck in limbo. We have 2 weeks left, I've chosen THE name but OH says no yet won't come up with another suggestion. What do I do?!?!

Are you willing to share the name? I'm curious to hear it! I think it will grow on him - tell him how much you and your mom love the name and how it has a special family connection. Start referring to the baby by the name - like "Hey I just felt ________ kicking me!" The more he hears it, the more he will start liking it. Plus let him see it in writing... write the name in pretty script on like pink paper with hearts around it - make it look very pretty and appealing and I bet the name will start to win him over!

Id prefer not to share it just yet. I'm not sure why but apart from my mum and dad, I haven't told anyone it. I think I feel like I don't want to tell people because if OH really is set against it I will be disappointed and even more so if I start calling her it now and have to change.

I've told him numerous times that this is THE name my hearts set on and he just keeps saying "I have been thinking about it" and "no pressure then". He keeps making excuses "it sounds more masculine than feminine" (it is a unisex name but I have NEVER heard of a boy called it & don't see it as a boys name) and lately his excuse was "What if a boy with the same name becomes famous in the future and she has the same name?!". The naming process has almost become taboo and we rarely speak about it now. Obviously family and friends are pestering us and all I keep saying is "no name yet" when in reality I feel like she already has a name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->