Anyone else due in August 2017?

Hello, I am due August 22nd with our rainbow little girl, I'm still working and going up until my due date (if I don't go into labour before that) I think I'm the only one that feels like pregnancy is going by so slowly!! I swear that I've been pregnant for like 3 years :rofl:

My baby is my rainbow girl too :cloud9: Wow, you're game working up until then!! What do you do for work?

Hehe, yes, it seems like I've been pregnant for so long, but then I freak out when I realise I have under ten weeks left!

I work for Aldi :rofl: so a very physical and demanding job! What do you do? But I get frustrated because I still have 9 weeks left :haha: it's taking soooo long and I still have SOOO long left!!

Lol Mumma don't remind me. I'm freaking out since nothing is ready but I will say this is day two of summer vk and it's a lot easier getting stuff done when I'm not working. I really wish I could SAHM it but just not feasible in this area. Just so crazy to think I won't be back at work for nearly 4 months

Hiya everyone!! Our little boy is due on August 13th but I'm hoping and praying for a July baby! My waters broke with my eldest the day I turned 37 weeks so I'm clinging to that hope! I've been on crutches with SPD since 24 weeks, am still working full time and am full on over being pregnant right now. Thanks fully my midwife said she would recommend that I was induced so hopefully that means before or around 40 weeks rather than afterwards...

I'm due the 25th of august so we're only one day off! The summer heat is killing me and i think my husband is sick of me whining about how hot it is all the time. I'm a teacher and i'm really starting to freak out because the first day of school is the 22nd, but i know i won't make it till then. My first was born at 39 weeks and my second and third were both born at 38 weeks. My doctor will induce me at 39 weeks if i want ... i've always set up the induction date but never made it to it. So really I only have 8 weeks left...... yay!!!!

Awww luz I hear you. I'm taking the first six weeks off and I'm so scared of whether my sub is going to have my sane classroom management especially with the group of kids coming in :(. I hope you make it!

I work for Aldi :rofl: so a very physical and demanding job! What do you do? But I get frustrated because I still have 9 weeks left :haha: it's taking soooo long and I still have SOOO long left!!

Oh my goodness! Lol you are very committed! :haha: I work in aged care...basically, I do elderly people's house work - around 3-4 houses a day. All of the bending and lifting is starting to kill me! I am cutting back some hours next week to make it easier! :thumbup: I can imagine you still feel like you have ages if you're planning on working that long!!

Harley - Welcome! :)

Dobby - I often wonder how it's going to be not working as well! Do you only get a few months off? I can have up to 12 months, but only 4 months paid. I cannot wait to finish up and relax a bit before welcoming the baby though!

vitriolic_vix - That sounds painful if you need crutches! Hopefully July for you!

Luz - We're close in date then! Lucky you if you go a little early :) I can't complain about any heat, as it's the middle of winter here! I am VERY grateful for colder weather right now (never thought I'd say that!).

Oh my goodness! Lol you are very committed! :haha: I work in aged care...basically, I do elderly people's house work - around 3-4 houses a day. All of the bending and lifting is starting to kill me! I am cutting back some hours next week to make it easier! :thumbup: I can imagine you still feel like you have ages if you're planning on working that long!!

Yeh I've cut back my hours because it's killer both on and off till, but I want as much time with my baby afterwards as possible! I'm hoping they will let me have the 2 weeks before I go on leave as holiday so in reality I'd work until 38 weeks but if they don't let me it's 40 weeks :rofl:

Yeh I've cut back my hours because it's killer both on and off till, but I want as much time with my baby afterwards as possible! I'm hoping they will let me have the 2 weeks before I go on leave as holiday so in reality I'd work until 38 weeks but if they don't let me it's 40 weeks :rofl:

Wow, I really hope they let you take holidays! I can understand wanting to use maternity leave for when baby is here though :) just don't push yourself too hard!

Wow, I really hope they let you take holidays! I can understand wanting to use maternity leave for when baby is here though :) just don't push yourself too hard!

Aldi are weird about a lot of things to be honest!

In other news my baby has flipped breech and my midwife is concerned she doesn't have room to flip back! They are also sending me for a growth scan as they are concerned over her size, so I have that on Monday

Mumma we get 10 sick days a year and they roll over each year. So next year I have 20 sick days. Those are my only paid leave days (which basically is one month of school). Out bargaining agreement allows me to take 45 school days off, but those extra 25 days are differential pay. You can apply for Family Leave to be out until 12 weeks but again you're at different pay. Our disability is only $50/day and the sub gets paid $220/day so you end up losing half or more of your paycheck.

Hey all! Can I join? I'm not technically due until September, but it's September 3rd so I could go in August, if she decides to arrive a little early. :flower:

Kittykat - oh no! That's crazy to think there no room to flip back already. Keeping everything crossed she flips back soon on her own! Do they think she is big or small?

Dobby - That's pretty rough :( I'm nervous about when my mat pay runs out.. I honestly don't want to return to work with a little bub! It's going to be hard. I stayed home for four years with my ds.

Savasanna - Welcome! Are you hoping to go in August? A few days early won't hurt ;)

Kittykat - oh no! That's crazy to think there no room to flip back already. Keeping everything crossed she flips back soon on her own! Do they think she is big or small?

Dobby - That's pretty rough :( I'm nervous about when my mat pay runs out.. I honestly don't want to return to work with a little bub! It's going to be hard. I stayed home for four years with my ds.

Savasanna - Welcome! Are you hoping to go in August? A few days early won't hurt ;)

Big, but I don't think my midwife knows how to measure fundal height :rofl: the tape was so loose I could see atleast a cm of gap between it and my belly, I could easily fit my whole hand in the gap she left and measured by!! Unless that's normal but I honestly felt like she was measuring the air around my bump more than my bump!!

Awww mumma that's tough but once you get used to working again it'll all float right back to you. Being on summer vk right now makes me so jealous of SAHM. It is sooooo much easier to keep up on housework when I haven't been at work all day. I'm just scared about sleep deprivation and working. I'm rumored to be probationary next year so I need to be on top of my game/you can't really be physically weak around this population of kids. They are like wolves and will try to dismantle your authority if they sense weakness

Kittykat - that is definitely not how my midwife measures my fundal height! Lol can you try to measure it yourself? It might make you feel better knowing the midwife was wrong, and the scan could just be a bonus for you :haha:

Dobby - I am looking forward to getting stuff done when I start leave! Right now I'm so tired from working that everything takes so much effort!

Mumma - I'd actually be happy to go a little early. This is totally silly but I don't love 9/3 as a birthday - what a bummer to have your birthday be on/around the first day back to school every year! If I were to go a week early then at least it could still be included with the summer dates. haha.

Kitty - so strange that your midwife is measuring you that way! I tried to measure my belly myself a few days ago and don't think I was doing it correctly.. It said I measured 3cm small! I know the babe is in the 52nd percentile so I feel like I shouldn't be that behind. Who knows, though. My next check in with my OB is next Friday. After that I'm getting bumped up to check ins every 2 weeks instead of 4! Crazy!

Mumma - I'd actually be happy to go a little early. This is totally silly but I don't love 9/3 as a birthday - what a bummer to have your birthday be on/around the first day back to school every year! If I were to go a week early then at least it could still be included with the summer dates. haha.

Kitty - so strange that your midwife is measuring you that way! I tried to measure my belly myself a few days ago and don't think I was doing it correctly.. It said I measured 3cm small! I know the babe is in the 52nd percentile so I feel like I shouldn't be that behind. Who knows, though. My next check in with my OB is next Friday. After that I'm getting bumped up to check ins every 2 weeks instead of 4! Crazy!

I never understand other country's school years! Here our school years start in Feb and end a few days before Christmas! The time between December and feb is summer/Christmas/end of school year holidays!

I'm also having my next appt next friday and then fortnightly ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->