Anyone else due in August 2017?

Glad to hear you and your oh are fine now Dobby :)

How is everyone going?

I feel like I am having to leave everything to the last minute for this baby! We just don't have anywhere to set anything up until we have the extension done! I keep thinking I had better wash the pram that has been in storage, or set the cot up, or organise all of the little bits and pieces we have.. but I just can't yet with no where to set up! If we had the room ready, I'd have everything ready to go.. so I feel very unorganised :(

Yeah we fake it til we make it lol

Awww try not to stress love. I'm freaking out and my cousins make fun of me because they didn't do anything I am: the classes, the nursery, the hospital bag.... they just had kids. And made it work. You have time. :hugs: but yeah I get that you want to get going but the extension isn't done :(. Maybe install the car seat or put together other things to feel productive in the meanwhile?

Afm just getting it done bit by bit. Assembled the high chair, stroller, car seat this week. Made a dog space on the patio finally. I think I'm going to pack my hospital bag tomorrow :O newborn care class as well. I want to get the cosleeper built. Just knocking it out a couple things a day

Hospital bag packing sounds like a good idea :) Maybe I can start buying the bits and pieces I'll need for that.. like small packet of diapers, breast pads, maternity pads, and get some little outfts organised. Then I might do the car seat soon, great idea!

My house is just so unorganised at the moment with the building going on. I'm talking tools in my lounge room, at my front, a hole the size of a double door in my bedroom that's leading to the unsealed extension (it's the middle of winter here!), and then of course baby stuff spread out wating for the nursery to be available! Lol

It's so weird - we brought a baby home from the hospital last October so all our infant stuff is still out and in use. It's kind of convenient but also weird to feel like I have zero to do to prepare for this baby! The only thing that isn't up right now is a crib, however 1. baby will start off sleeping in a bassinet in our room so a crib isn't immediately needed; and 2. we have a spare crib in the basement somewhere so it's there and ready, just needs assembling.

What kind of things go in a hospital bag? Just clothes for myself and baby? We life 5 minutes from our hospital so I'm not too worried about having that completely together, as my wife can always just run home to pick something up if we forget.

Our hospital recommends you pack

For you: Comfortable pj's, something to give birth in, slippers, maternity bra, breast pads, maternity pads, lots of comfortable underwear, phone charger, phone/camera, snacks for during labour, toiletries, lipbalm, your birth plan, and hair bands!
For baby: Formula and bottles if you don't plan on breast feeding, a 32 pack of diapers, wipes, 6 baby singlets, 6 body suits/onesies, bibs, also a couple of baby blankets, hats, socks, mittens, face washers / towel, pacifier just in case (although I don't think they encourage them while the baby is learning to feed, my ds was fine though!), and a going home outfit.

Oh man it was driving me nuts having baby stuff all over in bags and boxes. I'd probably lose my poo if there was also construction. Keep calm and carry on. You've got this!

Sav that's so nice to not have much prep work! But I know that feeling of "I have to be missing something this was too easy" lol

I've seen a bunch of different lists online and asked on bnb what to pack. The best advice I got was pack what you want/need not so much everything on the list. My house is 40m from the hospital without traffic and my mom's is 15m. I would hope I'm not there long, but I feel like the stuff for mom is mostly a just in case you get stuck overnight bag.

I'd add comfy (like good ole sweatpants) to leave the hospital in. Nothing form fitting. But I like Mumma's list. Simple. Also I'd add a phone charger in case labor goes on and on and a charged camera. Sure phones nowadays have them but I'd like my handheld camera as well.

chargers! THAT'S a good detail to remember!

Also - I agree on the camera aspect. I just printed a bunch of really cute photos from my phone and they ALL came out grainy. Sure, sometimes phone photos translate well to print, but they don't always. I'd want to make sure there's at least one "real" photo from the hospital.

chargers! THAT'S a good detail to remember!

Also - I agree on the camera aspect. I just printed a bunch of really cute photos from my phone and they ALL came out grainy. Sure, sometimes phone photos translate well to print, but they don't always. I'd want to make sure there's at least one "real" photo from the hospital.

We meant to take video with our video camera, but we also brought our DSLR. We never got the video, but we got some amazing pictures right after the birth with the DSLR. I am definitely bringing it again. I got lots of snapshots on my phone of different outfits, in the car seat, etc - but the best ones of those first moments were just quality pictures and I am so glad we had that camera.

This is Kaiser's hospital checklist

For you
Kaiser Permanente ID card
toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, lip balm, brush, hair clip or band, lotion, cosmetics)
nightgown or robe (if you prefer to wear your own)
non-skid slippers
hand fan or spray mist bottle
underwear (and your favorite brand of sanitary pad if desired)
supportive bra or nursing bra (for breastfeeding mothers)
comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to wear home
relaxing music or audio programs (check out our childbirth podcasts)
camera if you want to take pictures or record video
cell phone and numbers for friends and relatives you plan to call
eyeglasses and contact lens supplies
snacks, a change of clothes, and toiletries for your partner
leave valuables (jewelry, money) and electrical appliances (curling iron, hair dryer) at home

For baby
infant safety seat (required by law to be in the car when you leave the hospital)
outfit for going home (undershirt, outer garment, hat depending on the weather)
receiving blankets
mittens (many babies have long fingernails and can scratch their faces)

References: Copyrighted material of the Permanente Medical Group, Inc.; What to Expect When Having Your Baby with Kaiser Permanente (Kaiser Permanente Hawaii)
Reviewed by: Jeff Convissar, MD, November 2015
Additional Kaiser Permanente reviewers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"