Anyone else excited: Icandy Strawberry?

junich85

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm Julie and I'm a buggyholic :blush:

Just joking, although I'm sure such things exist. Anyways, I recently bought the iCandy Cherry and I do love it and would recommend to anyone looking for a not-as-expensive stroller. However, I must admit I originally intended to go for the Peach (the Beckham's stroller) However, I held back paying out for a Peach when I learnt of the Strawberry (... keeping up with these fruit is ridiculous lol).

https://i56.tinypic.com/wrc6fq.png

It's been saying "Coming Soon" for ever it feels. I recently spoke to customer services and was told that it might be towards the end of the year/ November time. Not sure if anyone else has been keeping an eye out for this but I'm very much caught in the hype.

* it folds WITH THE SEAT ATTACHED a.k.a less disgruntled bus-passengers.

* Plus it's got a "Step and Fold" system. Extra quickness!

* a "MEMORY" - which is essentially... it remembers what reclined position the chair was in before folding and goes back to that. Not an essential but still cool!

*Big basket

*lightweight

I'm not sure though if the seat can be rear-facing. Maybe by the time it arrives I wont need to bother with that anyway though, ha!

Apologies if there's already a thread on this, but thought it'd be nice to see if anyone else is excited/knows anything about it??

Jx

They were doing previews of it in shops around the country this summer. It was a really nice but quite bulky when folded and it had a really odd fold mechanism that I just couldn't do. Managed it about 5 times out of 15 goes, I don't think it's a knack thing as I did nothing different the 5 times.

Rumour was they were trying to alter this for the released version but I would definitely say try before you buy in case you have problems.

Hi I'm like you and got excited when I heard about the pushchair last year even before the picture was released but the bubble was burst. It is not a lightweight pushchair in my opinion.

As a comparison, take bugaboo bee and icandy strawberry:

the bugaboo bee pushchair is 8.5kg (chassis, seat and wheels.)

icandy strawberry pushchair is 11.4kg (chassis, seat and wheels.) When they mean lightweight, they mean the chassis is lightweight (7.5kg). See the icandy website technical information.

I sooo wanted to buy either this or the Icandy peach but both of them are heavy. They do look lovely though and it will interesting to test out the cool feature: the memory system.

Hope I haven't ruined your excitement or anything. If you're okay with the weight then everything else seems great about it.

I saw this on their website, and it does look cool..... esp the folding with the seat on as the cherry is a pain for that!..... It must go rear facing, it's and Icandy afterall!

I'm more interested in the Icandy Peach jogger version! Not sure when it comes out, but obviously won't be getting it as my LO is 2yrs and we have no more planned!.......... God how sad! Still a pramoholic, without needing one!

I'm going to see the new iCandy Strawberry this Saturday at a local preview event. I love the look of the pictures and i'm a fan of the peach but think it's maybe a little too 'bling' and tad bulky for me. I have high hopes that the Strawberry will be the happy medium we've been looking for.

So far we've shortlisted to the iCandy Peach/Strawberry and Babystyle Oyster.

Just in case anyone is interested I saw the Strawberry and had a good footer with it at the weekend. I loved it! The folding mechanism took a bit of getting used to but I managed to master it after a few attempts and it was easy and simple to fold with the seat unit on it. I didn't find it compact when folded but it was small and light enough that we could pick it up without any bother and put it in the boot. Putting it up after it had been folded was very simple and quick.

We were comparing it to the Babystyle Oyster which looked and felt less sturdy compared to it (icandy was marginally lighter). We found the Strawberry a lot lighter than the peach and apple models. The only thing I was put off about was the fabric (it's fleecy and looks and feels very snug but it's not wipeable. Although this applies more to the carrycot part of the pram than the seat unit.

I do prefer the Strawberry but we are still debating whether the significant difference in price is really worth it.

i went to see it with my 10 month old looking for get one to replace my bugaboo cameleon but the seat unit is so small that Vin only just fitted in it and most definitely wouldnt fit into it by 2 so for me its a brilliant concept but doesnt work long term x

They might do a few changes before it finally comes out.

A lot of people complain the Peach seat is quite small so I'm not surprised that the strawb is the same

I soo soo wanted the strawberry but it wasn't released before I gave birth so I bought the iCandy apple as I would like another one close together and il convert to the pear!

I love my apple <3

Just in case anyone is interested I saw the Strawberry and had a good footer with it at the weekend. I loved it! The folding mechanism took a bit of getting used to but I managed to master it after a few attempts and it was easy and simple to fold with the seat unit on it. I didn't find it compact when folded but it was small and light enough that we could pick it up without any bother and put it in the boot. Putting it up after it had been folded was very simple and quick.

We were comparing it to the Babystyle Oyster which looked and felt less sturdy compared to it (icandy was marginally lighter). We found the Strawberry a lot lighter than the peach and apple models. The only thing I was put off about was the fabric (it's fleecy and looks and feels very snug but it's not wipeable. Although this applies more to the carrycot part of the pram than the seat unit.

I do prefer the Strawberry but we are still debating whether the significant difference in price is really worth it.

I'm debating exactly the same thing atm! Oyster was running top until we saw the Strawberry - sleek, well designed, 1 handed folding. I have been concerned about the seat unit being small so its interesting about the comment from the lady with the 10mnth old.

The Oyster, is cheaper - the Plush is on offer atm for £405, isn't limited by a frame, lighter with the seat unit on, and isn't brand new (in that I can imagine they'll be a few bits that have to be altered).

Still undecided and can't how I will - if i had a budget it would be the Oyster but we're looking for a good all rounder and will pay a bit more for that if we have to.:wacko:

Seems like everyone else has the same options as we do! Its between the Oyster and the Strawberry for us aswell. We had the very first Oyster with my son and loved it!
The seat size is a bit worrying, my son isnt massive so we will see if he fits in it. If he doesnt then itll probsbly be a no go, hes only 2.5yrs and a small one at that.

Well after much deliberation we decided to go for the Strawberry! I have a few updates. The fleecy fabric is going to become optional in March or April but until then it's fleecy fabric only. Anyone placing orders with a post March delivery date will be able to choose between the fleecy finish or a wipeable finish in the same colour options.

Unfortunately iCandy have had so many orders for it that they've said they can't guarantee order of our pram to John Lewis before our DD (which is the 10th January). Deliveries to independent pram suppliers where we are were even later (end of Jan or beginning of Feb).

So we're stuck between taking a chance (and hoping lo arrives late) or considering the decision taken for us and going for the Oyster. Grrrr

Ohh and we took my 2-year old nephew along to try out the seat unit. He fitted in it nicely, it was comfortable for him and he didn't look squashed. I suppose all children grow at different rates but iCandy are officially saying stroller should last until they are approximately 3-years old.

Do you have any idea of prices Blaire? Thats good to hear a 2 year old fitted comfortably in it.
Delivery timescale wont be a problem for us, DD isnt untill June so plenty of time :D

The costs seem to be controlled by iCandy so the stroller, carrycot and colour packs come in at £695 everywhere we've contacted. On top of this you may need maxi-cosi car seat adaptors (£30); possibly a footmuff (£85) and a parasol (£25). So without the car seat we're looking at £835. Some independent retailers seem to be offering a deal on the car seat. I.e. if you buy the whole Strawberry package they'll give you £90 off the maxi cosi cabriofix car seat.

Ohhh thats a bit expensive compared to the Oyster!

Oyster for everything including maxi cosi pebble car seat is approximately half the price of the iCandy Strawberry. I think there is a significant quality difference but that's not to say the Oyster isn't a very good pram because it is and represents excellent value for money (whereas value for money & iCandy don't go in the same sentence!)

Im tossing between icandy strawberry and M&P sola. Im thinking the sola will probably win as it has everything the strawberry does except the 'memory' thing... and its a lot cheaper. Not sure i can justify the price. But i am patiently waiting for it to come into my local stockist so i can try it our before i rule it out and regret it! xx

does any one know if they will be making an attachment to make it a double?

if not fingers crossed and the peach blossom will be cheaper now and i can persuade the OH :D

I don't think they've any plans to make the Strawberry a double.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->