Anyone else expecting a November sparkler? *Updated with due dates!*

It is very inbetween age!

I dont know when to go to the doctors, has everyone else already been?

x

I just phoned and told the receptionist I was pregnant and what to do and she booked me in with the midwife.

B/c we're on the cusp of 2 boroughs I've had to be booked in with my actual borough and not the other one which is where I had my care and gave birth last time.they gave me the choice last time but apparently I have to go with my own borough this time. I'm really not happy about that. :nope:

This was a problem for me last time, I did have a choice of where to give birth though.:hugs: Maybe you could check with your mw? My MW were from one area and then the hospital was in a different area.

Ill give the doctors a call and find out if i have to see the doctor or book in with the mw. Everywhere is so differnet isnt it.

Ooooh look what I just got :happydance: a week to the day I got my 'pregnant 1-2'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1

x

I just phoned and told the receptionist I was pregnant and what to do and she booked me in with the midwife.

B/c we're on the cusp of 2 boroughs I've had to be booked in with my actual borough and not the other one which is where I had my care and gave birth last time.they gave me the choice last time but apparently I have to go with my own borough this time. I'm really not happy about that. :nope:

This was a problem for me last time, I did have a choice of where to give birth though.:hugs: Maybe you could check with your mw? My MW were from one area and then the hospital was in a different area.

Ill give the doctors a call and find out if i have to see the doctor or book in with the mw. Everywhere is so differnet isnt it.
It really is! I was reading the other day, some areas don't do the booking in appts anymore, you have to fill in your own notes and have a communal first appt with lots of other ladies. Thankfully it's not like that here yet.

I did another digi yest :haha: I need to buy one more this/next week to see 3+. And then I'll stop. Really. :winkwink:

I know this is probably a silly question, but can someone explain the digis to me? They calculate from conception rather than LMP? lol sorry, this is my first so Im still trying to figure stuff out :haha:

Hi Ladies!

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does the booking in appointment involve? When do you normally have it? I was under the impression I wouldn't hear anything until after my scan on the 26th when I'll be (please god!) 8 weeks. God there is so much I don't know!

I would not be happy with a group booking in session - how un-personal!

Im hoping to have some Digis sitting on my door step when i get home.

x

I know this is probably a silly question, but can someone explain the digis to me? They calculate from conception rather than LMP? lol sorry, this is my first so Im still trying to figure stuff out :haha:
From conception yes so if you get a reading of pregnant 1-2 it means 2-4 weeks by lmp.
2-3 would be 4-6 weeks by lmp and 3+ would be 6weeks + by lmp.

Rockinmom, we have the same edd!

I think digis are from conception, 'cos 2-3 weeks counts as 4-5 weeks pregnant- i think!

I saw that how exciting! Ive taken all of my non digis to reassure myself, but I was to take a digital to keep this weekend, so Ill be around 5+5. Just wasnt sure what to expect to see on it and didnt want to worry myself lol

Gemie, try this for info: https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/BirthChoiceUKFrame.htm?https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/MaternityCare.htm

There is this huge thing about choices within the NHS, but some places try to tell us we *have* to do x, y, z.

And I'm sure the nhs.uk site (just type in NHS pregnancy in Google) says everyone is supposed to have booking in at 8 weeks-ish. The group thing a sounds awful, as your antenatal appointments are supposed to be somewhere you can feel free to discuss domestic violence, drug use, etc. Not very private, is it?! x

x

It really is! I was reading the other day, some areas don't do the booking in appts anymore, you have to fill in your own notes and have a communal first appt with lots of other ladies. Thankfully it's not like that here yet.

Here you see gp, then have an initial appt with the midwife, where she gives you your green notes, gives you your edd etc. You then have to fill the notes in yourself :wacko: . The midwife then does a home visit, goes through the green notes with you etc. All before 12 week scan x

Gemie, try this for info: https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/BirthChoiceUKFrame.htm?https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/MaternityCare.htm

There is this huge thing about choices within the NHS, but some places try to tell us we *have* to do x, y, z.

And I'm sure the nhs.uk site (just type in NHS pregnancy in Google) says everyone is supposed to have booking in at 8 weeks-ish. The group thing a sounds awful, as your antenatal appointments are supposed to be somewhere you can feel free to discuss domestic violence, drug use, etc. Not very private, is it?! x

I dont like that idea at all either. I mean, what about confidentiality? Each womens needs differ, I just dont understand it. Cut backs again,I guess.

I'm saving my last digi for Sat, a week after I did the first, I got 2-3 weeks, so I'm hoping I'll get 3plus (can't find the plus button on my keyboard!) or whatever the next reading is. I'll be soooo scared doing it, in case it doesn't go up! I have one frer left, did one yesterday and the test line is way darker than the control,so that was nice to see!

I'm due 2nd November according to LMP, and 4th November according to my ovulation date! Sooo excited, this is our first baby! :happydance:

What were your lmp and O date? Those were my first calculations exactly lol so just curious :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->