Anyone else feel inadequate at times?

Charlie5

Reaction score
I think it is because I am so tired but sometimes do you just feel a bit of a failure and an inadequate parent?

I am just so tired as baby is up frequently in the night - maybe get 4/5 hrs in bits and pieces, sometimes less - last night was 2 hrs. DH is on 12hr nights at the moment (has been for 3 weeks solid now) and we have his son living with us temporarily (since July, is 9 and very attention seeking) so I have to be as quiet as I can in day so DH can sleep, preferably going out as much as possible to leave him in peace which means I am up and out/about all day looking after them both and then baby keeps me up at night. If it was anyone else I would say what do you expect with all that and housework and shopping etc on top by yourself but as its me (think I probably have high expectations of myself) I feel so inadequate that I can't manage it all and still be bright and breezy - am tired, tearful and cranky! I have been fine up until the last coupel days - I think its cause its been for so long (3 weeks) its finally getting to me. Can't remember the last time I acutally did something for me, no one else just me or had something proper to eat - I physically ache all over. Everyone else get decent sleep, proper meals and no one seems to notice that I don't or how I am feeling even tho I have told DH.

Luckily I have great support and parents and DH finishes nights in a week and his son will also go home around this time so there is an end in sight but feel so guilty and inadequate especially when parents take the kids to give me some time to sleep I should be able to do it all on my own - am I going crazy?? Anyone else feel the same?

:blush:OOo this has sort of turned into a rant sorry!!!:blush:

Yes I felt the same. For ages after Ruby's birth I ached all over! I felt like everyone was just taking from me, as well. I was trying to do everything and not accepting help. Things DO get easier, accept any help you can. You are not inadequate in any way, shape or form!

i know what you mean hun, we put so much pressure on ourselves, were not blooming superwomen!!! take it easy and do accept help when offered xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->