anyone else feel like this ?

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
i feel worn out & shattered i think i got about 3 hrs sleep last night & all hubby says is try & sleep in the day time how can i when jack is asleep thats when i tidy up & get my ironing done he will say just leave it , how can i leave i couldn,t go sleep & leave it someone has to do it , i haven,t stopped :cry: this morning don,t know how much longer i can keep doing this , i feel look like ive been in a fight my bags are down to my knees . violet xx

Hey hun...it will get better...it diesn't seem it at the time :hugs:

Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

I can't help I'm afraid but I feel like that too. I think we managed 4 hours last night!

Tell your hubby to do some of the chores.

Your husband should help more, but I do agree with him, you should sleep when baby does, even if only for one of your babies naps, it will do the world of good and make you feel less like it is getting on top off you. That is what I did and it does help. And it does say in baby books, housework can wait! Don't make yourself ill for it, have a nap!

Hope you feel better soon! x

Your husband should help more, but I do agree with him, you should sleep when baby does, even if only for one of your babies naps, it will do the world of good and make you feel less like it is getting on top off you. That is what I did and it does help. And it does say in baby books, housework can wait! Don't make yourself ill for it, have a nap!

jack only has one proper nap in the day all the rest are little cat naps & for leaving the house work i hate sitting in a mess , my ironing i reacon ive got about 3 hrs of it to do & i have loads of washing to do too . violet xx

is there any one who can come over and help u x

jack only has one proper nap in the day all the rest are little cat naps & for leaving the house work i hate sitting in a mess , my ironing i reacon ive got about 3 hrs of it to do & i have loads of washing to do too . violet xx

Can you not leave some of the ironing - only iron as and when (or get your hubby to do his work shirts?)

I never do any ironing - all clothes I buy are 'crease free', I just haven't got the time for ironing - the odd thing that does need ironing, I do as & when I/oh wants to wear it!

Otherwise could you pay for an ironing service for a few weeks til you've caught up on your sleep.

me too, i can't take a nap because i got lots to do, 2 dogs, our website work( OH does another company ), ironing, washing,washing up, and try to eat while he's sleeping.
i only sleep 4-5 hours every night for over 3 months now and LO wakes up 3-4 times a night.( used to 6-7 times in 1st month,then down to 4-5 times, but this week is better )
i feel like crying a lot but try to be happy for LO. he gets upset when i get upset

Im in the same boat hun. Leo didnt get to sleep until 5am! I am totally worn out and all my hubby says is to sleep in the day. Its very hard to drop everything and jump into bed at 2 in the afternoon when the house looks like a bomb hit it only to sleep for 10 minutes! The only thing I can suggest is to put you LO in a baby carrier so you can do some things like Hoover and folding things that dont need ironing - my hubby can wear none ironed t shirts fo a while! (ooh weired that Alesha Dixon song just came on the radio "does he wash up..!!!"

Hope you feel better soon!

XXX

Get a sling, and wear your son while doing house work. That way you can nap when he does. I know all too well from experience, you can not function without sleep. You can function if the ironing is not done and if the house is not clean. The first 6-8 weeks are the hardest, but it will get easier every month. I could not put my son down for the first 3 months, he would just cry and cry. So I got a sling, wore him while doing stuff, and slept when he did. It worked and while my house may have not been perfect, I felt like I was doing my best.

I'm the exactly the same hun. My OH has now told me off for the size of our ironing pile. I'm going to sort it all out and just do a bit at a time when I get a chance. I know it sounds silly but whenever I sleep when Grace has a nap it makes me feel even more tired so make sure everything is done when your LO is sleeping then have an early night or just sit down and put your feet up :)

thanks ladies to be honest i just think that he hates his moses basket once he is asleep he is great but trying to get him off to sleep in it is hard work , but i can,t afford to buy a cot till after christmas . violet xx

Totally with you on this one, although I think I am getting used the lack of sleep now! My Mum came over and did some ironing, and took our bed linen away, washed it, dried it and brought it back clean. That was such a help. I know what you mean though, I have not once slept in the day time because if Thomas naps I become like a woman possessed and get loads of chores done. It will get better, that's what I've been told (can't see how though, because they will sleep even less in the day and then start being mobile!!! Then where do you put them :rofl:)

Hannah only started taking her naps alone in her crib in the last three weeks. Prior to that we held her during nap time, she wouldn't sleep otherwise! (she's four months and one week old). It does get better, it truly does :hugs: But until than you have to take care of yourself and get some rest when you can

:hug: Just know that you're not alone, and it will get easier. If there is a relative or friend who you can ask for help,then ask them, I'm sure they won't mind and will actually love to help you out, even if it is doing the ironing or washing up for you or even just making you a sandwich.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->