Anyone else feel the same?

Hi again! I just wanted to add that since my last post in this thread, we now haven't had a day without at least one tantrum! So Ihsan has gone from no tantrums ever to every day now. I totally get what you mean now, especially with a sore back and a very strong boy! Putting jacket on, going in pram, having to hold my hand when out... tantrum. Wow! Sometimes he calms down if I sing Humpty Dumpty but he used to be really scared of him so I hope I'm not scaring him into behaving!!! (he asks me to draw humpty alot so thinking maybe he likes him now?!) anyway, lets hope they don't last toooo long. x

I actually realised when I got in from going to Jo Jingles with Tom this morning that he had 3 tantrums during the class but I can't even remember what 2 of them were for! The only one I can remember why, the lady running the class kept appolgising because she'd taken something off him that he'd grabbed but shouldn't have had so he was screaming and crying and I'm just sat there saying its fine he's like this all the time....there's only 2 other mums there both with little girls who sit nicely and don't ever seem to get cross!

I think I've gone past being embarassed in public by Tom's tantrums now because he has so many and I've had so many looks! :nope:

Oh, we had a fab one at Jo Jingles...Lizzie didn't want to give her bunny back post 'sleeping bunnies'...the week after I was dreading the bunny hand over, and she handed it back beautifully. No questions asked! No rhyme or reason to The Tantrum...that's why us mums are always blindsided...:haha

Yep, this is totally normal, but totally annoying, lol! Douglas doesn't really have meltdowns with anyone apart from me or OH. It can be for any reason, as simple as moving his toothbrush from where he put it! I just stay calm and cuddle him, calm him down and talk to him but don't 'give-in' e.g. if he's screaming because he wants to play with something he's not allowed to. I just try to distract him with something else. At the moment a pet hate is getting his coat on. I practically have to sit on him to get it on while he screams like I'm murdering him, ROFL.

sweetcheeks78 - My son is exactly the same! He never has even a hint of a tantrum with anyone else. Only OH and I get the privilege of dealing with them! :dohh::haha:

Yep same here....only mummy and daddy get tantrums. Everyone else including nursery get the sweet, lovely little boy who is kind and gentle and would never hit or scream.

They do get a lot better as they grow and learn a bit more how to manage their emotions and frustrations but amelie still does tantrum over ridiculous things. At the weekend we went to the supermarket and everytime we go to this one shop she has a strop when i get a trolley. I try to tell her she doesn't need to even sit in the trolley but I need one for the food and she cries and says 'put the food in a bag not the trolley!'.. idgi.

Yep my toddler has ridiculous tantrums over naff all with her screaming for me to cuddle her then screaming at me to leave her alone if I try to cuddle her...

She also has taken to demanding I carry her round for ages and considering she weighs approx 27lb and I have a 7 month old baby weighing approx 23lb this doesn't make for a fun or easy time!

Strangely I deal better with tantrums than the whinging and demanding to be carried...I guess its easier to block out tantrums as they're usually over such trivial or nonsense things!!!!

Everything is a struggle and I am physically knachered (not sleepy, just worn out trying to physically handle such a strong, independent, active child...)

QT

yes... YES!

Me too. by the end of the days I am literally on my knees.

Thank god it's not just me, this week Molly has turned and her 'dark side' has risen it's head. She's gone from an angel to a monster and literally tantrums over everything now and to be quite frank it's driving me nuts, I don't have the patience for it. Please let this pass soon!!

do you know what really scares me about the tantrum stage...it's the start of the rest of their lives of trying to make their own decisions and rebel... :haha:

Aliyah has really bad tantrums. For like no reason?
90% of the times i give in to them but now im trying not to as much. She will just be playing then lay on the floor and winge and won't stop. Just so randumly?
She changes mood so quickly!

do you know what really scares me about the tantrum stage...it's the start of the rest of their lives of trying to make their own decisions and rebel... :haha:

:rofl: I was thinking about this today :haha:

Me me me.....i know how you feel, glad to hear its normal then. I read that these stages are easier than the teenage years???!!

I'm the exact same, sometimes I just walk into another room (if we're home) and have a breather, I know thinking logically he's just pushing boundries/frustrated/whatever but it's impossible to reason with him sometimes, and that just does my head in if I'm honest! Especially when he hits out and hurts Cas, that makes me see red.

Tantrums are less these days but he often refuses to listen/walk/etc and I've found that simply saying okay, bye bye and starting to walk off makes him snap out of it and behave again. Other times the naughty step works, or threatening no bedtime story/cbeebies bedtime hour, if he carries on we always stick to what we've said and he seems to have caught on now that we mean business :haha:

I try to look at it as not just a tantrum, but more as an opinion on the matter, and frustration from unable to communicate it. Nevertheless, it is trying on anyone's patience.

Yep my toddler has ridiculous tantrums over naff all with her screaming for me to cuddle her then screaming at me to leave her alone if I try to cuddle her...

She also has taken to demanding I carry her round for ages and considering she weighs approx 27lb and I have a 7 month old baby weighing approx 23lb this doesn't make for a fun or easy time!

Strangely I deal better with tantrums than the whinging and demanding to be carried...I guess its easier to block out tantrums as they're usually over such trivial or nonsense things!!!!

YES I get this too, lying on the floor screaming 'mummy want a cuddle' then when I try to cuddle her 'no no no'!

She is the opposite to a lot of LOs though and her tantrums are mainly at home-she gets soooo whingey if were are stuck in all day which is why you will see us at the beach in the pouring rain! At the moment she alternates between being incredibly cute and incredibly hard work, somedays I find myself longing for nap time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->