Anyone else feeling irritated

laura109

Reaction score
Hi ladies I'm 34 weeks this weekend and feeling shattered. Got a demanding toddler and no chance of a break with oh before baby comes. Family are not helpful and unlikely to even visit before babies born. I just feel like everyone expects me to do the chasing. My sister asked me if my five year old neice can sleepover in the next month so she can go to the pub. She knows that my two year old won't sleep at the moment so how can I settle both kids in the same bedroom? Id be up all night battling my daughter more than ever. My oven broke this week. I got a text tonight at 10pm tonight asking if I can babysit tomorrow and after explaining oh dad's coming to help us install the new oven and do tip runs and go in the loft to get old baby stuff out she asked again if the kids could still come.

I honestly feel so annoyed at small things. Everything is making me feel overwhelmed stressed and like I am struggling to keep my head above water. My sister never calls in just to see us. Nobody ever offers to have our child. My best friend rang me last night saying she was recovering from bronchitis and a chest infection she had before it and said she was definitely coming to see me next week even if she was still poorly. I know she means well but like I want the worry of catching bugs at the moment too.

I just feel like texting everyone and saying no I don't want to babysit. I dont want to walk a mile to meet you. I don't want to do anything other than sit home now and take it easy. Please leave me alone unless you are healthy and simply want to come sit with me and have a cup of tea and a chat. Actually acknowledge that I am having a baby next month. I'm not superwoman. I'm tired. I ache. I feel weak. I have weekly appointments. I have a toddler who causes destruction. I barely sleep. I'm worried about labour. I'm anxious about being prepared. I'm worried that it's coming up to tummy bug season and cold season and dread us picking up stomach bugs this winter. I'm feeling totally alone as nobody seems interested this time yet I know they will all pile around after he's born. I literally feel like shouting no I don't want your kids. I can't remember the last time I went out. The last time I slept without a toddler in between me and my partner. The last time all the housework was done. The last time I had a film on and a sleeping toddler on a Friday night.

Please tell me someone else is feeling as grumpy as me lol

Phew! You are really on a roll over there! Definitely grumpy at silly things over here, but it sounds like you've got a very full plate! I don't blame you for being so frustrated! Personally I would definitely just let everyone know you need some down time to focus on your home and getting yourself and baby ready for the weeks to come.
Hope you get some relief over there soon you don't need everyone elses stuff on your plate as well *hugs*

People aren't psychic and often have only their own needs at the forefront of their minds so try not to take it personally. You need to be honest and just tell them how you are feeling, and that while you would normally help you don't feel up to it right now, and don't feel bad for it, your feelings are very valid x

No, I think that is awfully inconsiderate of them. I've been ill with HG and one of my friends was 30 weeks at the time, and there's no way I would've asked her to watch my girls. The fatigue on top of having other kids, you are just worn out at the end and need as much you time as possible.

U have my full sympathy. I have a 4 week old and a nearly 3 year old and people don't realise how tough it is and even oh doesn't get it n expects me to want to carry on as before. Unfortunately people just don't get it

It's shocking how people think especially with your second that you won't need any support. I know a lot of people have the attitude of "I didn't have any help so they don't need it either"

Completely justified being this far along you really shouldn’t be doing so much. I would say sorry I am not feeling up to and you have to much going on. I wouldn’t feel guilty over it either.

I completely understand. I felt the exact same way when I was near the end of my second pregnancy. I felt like no one understood and no one cared to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->