Anyone else find it hard to NTNP sometimes?

Augie

Reaction score
Anyone else sometimes find it difficult to NTNP? It's really hard for me to not be thinking about it 24/7 even though the OH and I agreed that we would just let nature take its course and not worry about it too much. :shrug: And (sorry tmi) every time OH pulls out I get really sad and think "what if we just missed the right time!"

I think its because I've been ready to TTC for years but the OH has just recently agreed to NTNP. Soooo....blah!! ok - end rant!

we are very similar lol i always think about it, its hard not to. i obsess about it too and stess myself out...but what can i do i want it so bad :shrug: ive tried the whole taking it easy relaxing trying to stay focused on other things but somehow it just doesnt work ....

although i dont think that i missed it right after dtd i enjoy that and i just think god-willing ill get that bfp this time :)

Thanks girl - sending you lots of :dust: to ya! :hugs:

Yes I know how u feel. I think I will give ntnp a go and then if we have no happy surprises in a few months then we will start ttc properly, although I wont be doing opk and taking my temp etc....as that does seem stressful and not much fun. I just mean start dtd every other day, rather than just when we chose to. But if im ttc for ages then id reconsider going down the opk etc route haha!
Its hard not to think about it x

I think about it practically 24/7. We're DTD a lot more than we used to before NTNP. Hubby is happy with the extra sex and I am enjoying it too bare back!

I can't help wondering every time we DTD though "was that the one" and I'm analysing every single little twinge. Also, I can't believe how long it is before OVing (even though I don't know exactly when I do OV, I am just waiting for those sensitive breasts to kick in which I'm sure are a sign and I'll be jumping OH!! lol! Should be any day now....

NTNP - we're trying to NTNP, but I am "planning" the right time too, just not saying as much to OH!!

I know what you mean, when I first got off the pill after my MC we were NTNP...which meant DH would pull out a lot of the times and it would just totally kill the mood for me >.> And just keep thinking HOW THE HECK am I going to get PG if the rare time he lets it flow is when I'm not OV'ing lol. It can get really frustrating so I feel for ya!

Now we are def more "at it". We :sex: all the time with absolutely no pulling out =D :spermy:My hubby is just not as into the planning as I am, and he never will be...I have finally come to accept that just because he's not interested in temps and eggs being released doesn't mean he won't be as happy as I am when our baby comes :thumbup:

Just letting you know it's okay and don't feel silly for being more into the details than he is ;) He may not want me to say "Let's do it, I'm ovulating!"...but I know that that's his favorite time of the month because I am much more sexual during that time ;) hehe.

I actually like that I know we want a baby, but it's not a subject talked about all the time...it really takes the pressure off and lets us have fun. When the time is right you will be blessed :dust:

I get the same way. My husband and I have not used protection for 3 years and still nothing has happened. I only have one tube so to get pregnant we will probably have to realllly try, but we arent there yet. We say if it happens it happens, but we arent going to plan for it to happen for a bit longer. I do think about it alot though. I want a baby more than he does and every time we DTD I think ....is it this month? This past month we DTD a couple days before O, day before O and day of O..so we will see. :) I dont have the issue of him pulling out though. That would get me the same way like "you just wasted baby batter!"

I know it can get frustrating, but hey hang-in there! I'm in the same boat. Last month we BD 3 days before O, the day of O and 2 days after O. Got my AF yesterday (27 days cycle), before going for a HPT.

My DH is not ready to have a baby already, but I'm going crazy with the symptoms and hopes up everytime we BD, ofcourse we are doing lots of BDing. :kiss:

It's okay and don't feel silly for being more into the details than he is, just saying because I'm there too. :hugs:

He says when the time is right we will be blessed, we do not have control over natural and heavenly decisions, it will happen when it have too. Wishing all you fabulous ladies lots and lots of baby dust. :dust:

Anyone else sometimes find it difficult to NTNP? It's really hard for me to not be thinking about it 24/7 even though the OH and I agreed that we would just let nature take its course and not worry about it too much. :shrug: And (sorry tmi) every time OH pulls out I get really sad and think "what if we just missed the right time!"

I think its because I've been ready to TTC for years but the OH has just recently agreed to NTNP. Soooo....blah!! ok - end rant!

lol my oh will sometimes take it out before cos he wants to do soemthing else maybe or .... i dont know why!! ...but it gets me soooo mad!! I'm always like 'why did u just do that!!' argh!! such a waste i feel annoyed after if it doesnt end up where its supposed to!!!! :wacko:

he's not thinking about it like i am....he's just havin fun but god dammit its annoying!!! lol think u hit a nerve.... :haha:

I know what you mean, when I first got off the pill after my MC we were NTNP...which meant DH would pull out a lot of the times and it would just totally kill the mood for me >.> And just keep thinking HOW THE HECK am I going to get PG if the rare time he lets it flow is when I'm not OV'ing lol. It can get really frustrating so I feel for ya!

Now we are def more "at it". We :sex: all the time with absolutely no pulling out =D :spermy:My hubby is just not as into the planning as I am, and he never will be...I have finally come to accept that just because he's not interested in temps and eggs being released doesn't mean he won't be as happy as I am when our baby comes :thumbup:

Just letting you know it's okay and don't feel silly for being more into the details than he is ;) He may not want me to say "Let's do it, I'm ovulating!"...but I know that that's his favorite time of the month because I am much more sexual during that time ;) hehe.

I actually like that I know we want a baby, but it's not a subject talked about all the time...it really takes the pressure off and lets us have fun. When the time is right you will be blessed :dust:

sorry to get into details with tmi but did he pull out when u were ntnp cos he was worried about pregnancy or just cos he felt like it at the time do u think? i think my oh just feels like it sometimes i hope its not cos he doesnt want to get me pregnant.

Thanks ladies! I knew you would know how I feel! :hugs: silly OHs...

lol my oh will sometimes take it out before cos he wants to do soemthing else maybe or .... i dont know why!! ...but it gets me soooo mad!! I'm always like 'why did u just do that!!' argh!! such a waste i feel annoyed after if it doesnt end up where its supposed to!!!! :wacko:

LOL! I really just laughed out loud outta nowhere because I totally got that image in my head!! Sometimes husband's just do the darndest things!!! I hate when I know it's my super fertile time, and that's when DH just happens to *really* want me to go down on him..sorry tmi LOL! I'm thinkin..I would rather do this every day I'm on my period than NOW! :dohh::haha:

sorry to get into details with tmi but did he pull out when u were ntnp cos he was worried about pregnancy or just cos he felt like it at the time do u think? i think my oh just feels like it sometimes i hope its not cos he doesnt want to get me pregnant.

Don't worry about tmi with me! :flower:

tbh at that time I never really knew when was going on through his head at that time! I never wanted to pester him because I felt that it would put too much pressure on him and we would go from NTNP to just downright preventing. (Sometimes I swear we baby our hubby's too much!! It wasn't until I forced him to think things over and really talk about things until he came at peace with the idea of really trying for a baby...well ME trying since he doesn't get into details, just the sex lol).

I do think though that he would pull out sometimes because he was thinking at the time "Well I don't want to get *too* much swimmers in her"...I think it made him feel more in control of the situation and that if I did end up getting pregnant, he could look at it as it was just meant to be, and not all "on him", if that makes sense. Probably doesn't make much sense though...because it didn't to me lol...men can just be so weird sometimes :wacko: Instead of talking about their feeling they just do weird things :dohh:

He went at least 6 months with pulling out sometimes. It wasn't until we had a convo about it that he gradually but quickly stopped pulling out at all and we do it almost every night now. Sometimes husband's just take time to register that if we do have a baby, they *will* have full responsibility for it :winkwink: Don't worry, it doesn't mean he want it any less than you do...it just means that men get more scared than women and they do weird things because they hate to admit that fact :haha:

I think that I'm more at that point of NTNP. My DH on the other hand seems to be counting the days AF will hopefully not arrive. I want a baby ( why else would i be on this site, :rolleyes: ) but pretending like it doesnt hurt every month when that b**** AF comes is depressing, a strain and it took alot for me to just let things happen. Its a big step for me, I dont know how to get DH to that point though. Any advice?:?:

I think that I'm more at that point of NTNP. My DH on the other hand seems to be counting the days AF will hopefully not arrive. I want a baby ( why else would i be on this site, :rolleyes: ) but pretending like it doesnt hurt every month when that b**** AF comes is depressing, a strain and it took alot for me to just let things happen. Its a big step for me, I dont know how to get DH to that point though. Any advice?:?:

Hey hun I know how you feel. I have actually stopped charting because when I get AF I just feel like all my "work" was for nothing :nope: So now while I am still "trying" (no way in heck are we going to not :sex: when I feel I am in my fertile period lol)...I am also more "casual" about it, that meaning that I make sure to make love making time fun and just as often even when I am not in my fertile stage. I used to just make sure we had a lot of sex during my fertile time, now I make sure we just have a lot, period lol. This has also made it tons more fun for DH :thumbup:

I have also taken the pressure off by now instead of anticipating a BFP, I make myself assume AF is coming...and am only going to test if I know I am a few days late. Since doing this it again has made it more fun (and less expensive) for DH because I'm not having him run out to the store a lot or having me stockpile on tests :winkwink:

Have you tried talking to your DH about it? Let him now that you want a baby just as badly as him - but tell him the truth...if charting and trying to time everything right is putting stress on you then tell him. Make sure to tell him too that stressing about TTC might actually make it harder to conceive. Tell him you want to just let it happen...and who knows maybe you two will end up like my DH & I and actually end up BD'ing more often because you will be less stressed! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->