• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else get so tired...

Skywalker

Reaction score
... that you actually start to feel dizzy in the afternoon?? Oh my god, I feel almost drunk! :haha: :sleep:

I don't get dizzy in the afternoons, but speaking of drunk... some mornings I wake up feeling like I have a hangover. I think it's a mix of feeling over tired and a bit queasy.

Yeah I get a real hungover feel the last week queasy and just gross. Today I've been so tired i've just laid in bed all day. Dizzy at times, first time in a long time I saw stars when getting up too quick yesterday - ah the joys of it all! :p

Yeah i sometimes feel like this, i looked it up, it could be due to low blood pressure which is very common in early pregnancy. Make sure you are drinking plenty and get up slowly. Luckily i think im past the hangover feeling stage with the nausea, i just have the extreme tiredness!

Ooo, my blood pressure WAS low when I was at my first appointment a few days ago. I think I do need to be drinking more but my 1 litre water bottle smells funny to me no matter how much I wash it and I don't seem to remember to fill up my cups as much during the day so end up drinking less. Does that affect blood pressure? I was looking down at a paper and then back up at a screen many times for about an hour, doing database work, so that's probably the equivalent of getting up really fast lol, mixed with extreme tiredness!

Im not sure if drinking water would be much to do with blood pressure, but if you get dehydrated it can probably cause you to feel lightheaded and dizzy, so its just a good idea to drink alot more anyway, i find water tastes strange sometimes,so i add a bit of squash. If you feel funny just try to take a break from what you are doing for a few mins, our bodies are are doing alot of work right now, i always say to my OH when he wonders why i'm so tired- i'm growing a little person in my stomach so of course im going to be tired!lol I found 2nd tri is alot easier though, most symptoms ease up alot and you feel a bit more human lol. Although this time round i have a toddler so not sure if i'll ever have much energy again!

Im not sure if drinking water would be much to do with blood pressure, but if you get dehydrated it can probably cause you to feel lightheaded and dizzy, so its just a good idea to drink alot more anyway, i find water tastes strange sometimes,so i add a bit of squash. If you feel funny just try to take a break from what you are doing for a few mins, our bodies are are doing alot of work right now, i always say to my OH when he wonders why i'm so tired- i'm growing a little person in my stomach so of course im going to be tired!lol I found 2nd tri is alot easier though, most symptoms ease up alot and you feel a bit more human lol. Although this time round i have a toddler so not sure if i'll ever have much energy again!

Yeah, last time, if I wanted to lie on the sofa all day, well I just layed on the sofa all day! A little different this time round!

Yep. Been given aspirin, iron tablets and blood pressure tablets for it

I also take extra iron and B6+B12--I've found it really helps. I'm still tired, but I don't feel so drained anymore.

I feel like this too. My BP is very low, so I really notice it if I get up suddenly - I have to get up gradually from a lying down position. Drinking enough water and making sure you're eating often enough will help too - if your blood sugar gets low you will also get a dizzy sicky feeling. Agree with the Bvits as well! Other than that fatigue and dizziness are common in pregnancy (especially early on) but usually get better in 2nd tri :thumbup:

I am dead tired by the end of the day after chasing a toddler and preschooler around, but once they're in bed then I have to work! Ah those were the days when I could relax, nap, or just sit around on the couch lol :haha:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Around 9pm it gets me. CAnt concentrate on much!

Come 3-4pm I'm just dying to get home from work and get in bed! I don't always get dizzy but it has happened a few times over the last few weeks. I was taking an iron supplement while TTC but I stopped once I found I was PG because I wasn't sure if I needed to. I'll ask about resuming it when I go to my first appointment in 2 days. Good luck to you all!

It's good to know I'm not alone! I think it definitely has something to do with my low blood pressure since being pregnant and possibly being deficient in some vitamin or mineral I really need, but I'll find that out when I get my bloodwork back on Tuesday! I always had low blood pressure but I think since becoming pregnant it has become a little lower even than that. My doctor commented on it and said I wasn't in the range that should cause worry but I was on the "low end" I'd hate to know what it would feel like if it got any lower! Lol, I feel you x__amor! I just want to sleep constantly too! SO hard when my OH doesn't understand sometimes :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep: I just want him to understand it's not me being lazy, it's legitimately my body going a little wacko lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->