Anyone else going for a traditional name?

Reno

Mama to 2 boys
Reaction score
I love reading all of the name suggestions on various threads! Seems to be a trend for unique names at the minute! We are going for relatively traditional names that are passed down the families - anyone else?

We don't know the sex yet, but we're going for Jessica May/ Eliza May or Benjamin James!

My parents picked a not so common spelling for my name and I hate having to spell it out all the time, so I always said my children would have names that spell like they sound! Lol!

Yes, we probably will, I'm really not into all these new-fangled names where people seem to be trying to be clever just to be different. Poor child will spend it's life spelling it's name to people. Having had a similar situation all my life (it's not an odd name, but it's spelt differently in America and is unfortunately the name of a well known TV show, but spelt wrong and I spend most of my time spelling it out)

I love Eliza!! Given me an idea there :)

We have Oliver Jack already and this one will be Izabelle May

Our son is Benjamin Alexander & no2 will be a similarly traditional name. Some of the more modern names are lovely but not for us! X

We're going for either Olivia or Lucinda, not sure if Lucinda is considered traditional or not but it is a very old name!

I'm having Oscar Roy for a boy or Olivia Iris for a girl. Wanted Iris as a first name but it hasn't caught on with DH. Love all the old names!! Let's bring them back in 2012!! xoxo

My daughter is called Rose Emily (Emily was partners nan) and this little man is going to be named William Keith (William after both our grandfathers & my dad) I love the older names!

I love old fashioned names. Mind you, if I mention any of my favourites to my grandparents generation, they look horrified! I guess they saw these names last time round!

My current favourites are Elsa Sophia and Arthur George. Annoyingly, DH vetoed my absolute favourites for girls - Matilda, Florence, Beatrice and Edith.

Yes! I really don't like all these modern names so old fashioned is how I want to go. I like names that are real names but not very popular. My children now are Sian and Ellis. We only know of 2 other Sians and no-one named Ellis has crossed our paths yet.

OH likes foreign names, again names that are real traditional names but more popular overseas. My family come from Gibraltar so a Spanish name could well be possible :)

We have Dylan Stephen and Amelia Victoria Ann.

I loved Penny for a girl which OH didn't like, I also loved Elsie, Esme, Joseph and Benjamin.

xx

We will be having a traditional name. DS1 is called Charlie and DS2 is going to be between Lewis, James and Timothy x

I'm loving old names too, we have picked for a boy William Vincent and girl will either be Elsie Jade or Constance Jade aka Connie x

Another vote for traditional names here! I don't get involved in a lot of the names threads as some of the names make me cringe - I know, I know, each to their own and all that but still.....:wacko:

I have a James already known as Jamie. For a boy, we are loving Scott, Callum or maybe Robert (to be known as Robbie). For a girl, I love Isla but also Isobel and Esme (dh hates Esme though). I love Rose and Lily too but dh has vetoed them as well - Lily wouldn't work with our surname anyway.

x

yes we'd really like to find a traditional girls name for this next LO but cant seem to both agree on the same name. my faves like Beatrice, Alice etc have been veto'd and OH has just suggested Ava which i do like but i feel as though its not traditional (although it is old i believe)

I have Oliver Daniel for a boy, and Ava Grace for a little girl.

The names you are all thinking about are all gorgeous!

I love Traditional names!

:flow:

We're going with traditional irish names, popular in ireland! top secret from everyone tho cos i know everyone has their opinions!! we decided while we were TTC!
Conor Seán for a lad ( tho we still dither a bit on whether it should be Seán Conor!!) and if it's a lil lady it'll be Aoife Catherine, Aoife is pronounced like Eefa and it is Eve/Eva in Gaelige. We had a think about Emily last week too tho:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I like Alice and Rose.. But now I like Elsie and Beatrice after reading this! Middle name will be Betty after my Grandma.

For a boy we had Samuel, but just found out we're team pink!
X

Thanks for all the responses! Love them all! Oliver and Oscar are both just too cute!!

My grandma is called Audrey and I think it such an old fashioned name that it should make a come back!

It's so hard to choose! I have enough favourite names to name a dozen babies! But we'll see how we get on with baby no. 1 first! hehe!

I love traditional names!

We are going to have Isabelle Alice for a girl and we like Jack/James/Harry/Jacob/Oliver etc for a boy. We are really undecided on a boys name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->