Anyone else going for a traditional name?

Nope! Me too!

I love Ingrid - might run that past dh tonight.

We get a lot of rugby/football names too!

Let me know what he thinks of Ingrid. I always liked Maeve as well but last year a lady from Boston moved onto our street and her 8yo daughter is called Maeve, thought that might be kind of weird.

I'm naming my little girl Pollyanna Jane :) loves all of your names, if I has a boy I would named him Oliver Edward x

aww thats my all time favourite childhood film, its such a lovely name, my husband wont even listen to my names :( but this is defo on my girls list!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE traditional names.. My DD is Evelyn Anne but we call her Evey currently. I've got so many girls names I adore, Grace, Edith, Eliza, Esme, Rose, Victoria but no boys names as of yet... Better hope this next one is a girl ;)

I like traditional names - but ones that you don't hear often (at least where I am from). For example our daughter is named Genevieve. You just never hear that hear but I love it, it can be shortened to Gen or Geni and it suits a child as well as an old lady. So I go for names like that.

I really like the name Harrison for a boy - though it is common in the UK it's rare here in the US. But yes - I definitely prefer more traditional names. I try to picture it on a resume.

I also like Benjamin and Alexander for a boy. Some girl names we like are Charlotte, Gabriella, Vivienne, Simone, Evelyn.

We also like some Greek names which stray away from more traditional sounding names. But we'll just have to wait and see. Our name deciding is kind of on hold until we know what we're having.

When we had our first baby we had about 3 names picked out for her and waited to see her before we decided for sure what her name would be. So we'll probably do the same with this one.

My boys are called Alfie & Jack

our name choices for this one are either Daniel or Tyler or if a girl then either Poppy or Lily

I really like the name Harrison for a boy - though it is common in the UK it's rare here in the US. But yes - I definitely prefer more traditional names. I try to picture it on a resume.

My MIL works in a school (in the UK) and said that this year it seems like every other boy is called Harrison. Don't remember that ever being a really popular name in the States.

My OH and I run every potential name past the 'CV test' - if I got a CV today with this kid's name on it, what would my initial reaction be? So far 99% of those CVs would get chucked in the bin, unfortunately!

It does sometimes feel like choosing a traditional name is going "against the grain" these days. I'm glad I stumbled into this thread and there are other families out there who are still interested in older names.

We decided two years ago on names when we thought we were pregnant. LOL. We will have Robert Calvin for a boy (Robert is DH deceased Uncle's name, Calvin is a traditional name in my family going back several generations) and Alison Morgan for a girl (Alison is DH's sister's name, but we will call her "Morgan" to keep confusion at a minimum and so that I can use Morgan which is my favorite name of all time. LOL)

We will have Robert Calvin for a boy (Robert is DH deceased Uncle's name, Calvin is a traditional name in my family going back several generations) and Alison Morgan for a girl (Alison is DH's sister's name, but we will call her "Morgan" to keep confusion at a minimum and so that I can use Morgan which is my favorite name of all time. LOL)

Morgan and Calvin are both gorgeous names! Shoudn't have started this thread, I was 100% sure on my names before, but now there are so many other lovely names here! Ahhhh! decisions decisions!!

Love this thread! My little girl Is Alice Charlotte and this one will probably be Phoebe Rose but not totally decided yet.

Benjamin James gets my vote as it is hubby's name but if this baby had been a boy it would have been Henry.
Xx

Ours will be Alexander George -both family names although I didn;t realise that when I picked it but it makes it feel more special now :) I'm a teacher and I see all kinds of names come through. I wanted a name that is not overdone - currently Tyler/Connor/Callum - those sorts of names you will have at least one in every class but a name that's not odd :)

Yes, we are! Our little girl will be called Elodie Sophia (Elodie is a traditional French name) and we'll nickname her Ellie. If she'd been a boy she'd be Alex Maigus. And our Son's name is Jake, not Jacob though x

We're going with traditional irish names, popular:dohh: in ireland! top secret from everyone tho cos i know everyone has their opinions!! we decided while we were TTC!
Conor Seán for a lad ( tho we still dither a bit on whether it should be Seán Conor!!) and if it's a lil lady it'll be Aoife Catherine, Aoife is pronounced like Eefa and it is Eve/Eva in Gaelige. We had a think about Emily last week too tho:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Absolutely love Aoife but DH not so keen though unfortunately! The only girls name we're agreed on is Ciara, we're screwed if it's 2 girls

Our little boy is going to be called Ashley James and if he'd been a girl we would have called her Cordelia Rose (saving that for next time maybe!) I prefer traditional names as well and so many nice ones on this thread.

Nope! Me too!

I love Ingrid - might run that past dh tonight.

We get a lot of rugby/football names too!

Let me know what he thinks of Ingrid. I always liked Maeve as well but last year a lady from Boston moved onto our street and her 8yo daughter is called Maeve, thought that might be kind of weird.

He's not into it! :nope: Says it doesn't go with our names or Jamie. Probably right - both our names are very Scottish. Isla is still up there.

Girls, I forgot to mention our test for a baby name - "what would the wee old lady say?" This stems from when Jamie was a couple of months old and I was standing with him in the pram in the post office (in a kind of a rough area). This wee old Glasgow wummin asked me his name and when I told her she said "that's a good name, hen, not like some of they shite names you hear". :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->