Anyone else going for a traditional name?

I'm naming my little girl Pollyanna Jane :) loves all of your names, if I has a boy I would named him Oliver Edward x

I am going for traditional names too. If we have two girls they will probably be Evangeline and Theodora or Evie and Thea for short. We only have one boy's name so far and that is Dominic. Still struggling to find a second boys name we both like. I wanted Luca but OH vetoed it. Maybe having our anomaly scan in two weeks and finding out the genders will help things along. :)

We are going with normal names as well if it is a boy it will be Nathaniel Patrick and a girl will be Natalie Grace. What ever name that isn't used will not be used for a subsequent child. So no rhyming siblings.

Yep!! We're keeping it Irish Traditional!
Hubby is dead set on Irish names for our baby but we just cant seem to decide yet.

He loves Cara for a girl (which means Friend) And Odhran for a boy.

I love Eilis and Aoibhean for a girl (Irish for Elizabeth) and Sean for a boy.

I do hear some names that make me go :dohh: though!!!

Another vote for traditional names here! I don't get involved in a lot of the names threads as some of the names make me cringe - I know, I know, each to their own and all that but still.....:wacko:

I thought I was the only one doing this ;)

I like Ingrid for a girl (but totally stuck on a middle name), OH keeps coming up with really nice, traditional boys names as well but oddly enough they are also the names of famous cricketers/rugby players. Coincidence?

great thread, hubby and i like more traditional names too, for girls we like sadie Kathryn, or ruby Kathryn and we both like elsie, daisy, florence we see them as proper little girls names etc and for boys we love winston, berie, william etc

I love reading all of the name suggestions on various threads! Seems to be a trend for unique names at the minute! We are going for relatively traditional names that are passed down the families - anyone else?

We don't know the sex yet, but we're going for Jessica May/ Eliza May or Benjamin James!

My parents picked a not so common spelling for my name and I hate having to spell it out all the time, so I always said my children would have names that spell like they sound! Lol!

Benjamin James is on our list! We are either having Benjamin James, James Benjamin or Alex James!

Benjamin James is on our list! We are either having Benjamin James, James Benjamin or Alex James!

You know if you pick Alex James people will ask 'So are you a big Blur fan?'

I think Benjamin is just adorable! I like having the option of calling him Ben, Benny, Benji (my fav!), Benno, Benjo etc depending on my mood...or Benjamin if he has been bad! hehe!

I have a feeling I am having a girl this time round though! Undecided on whether or not we want to find out for sure! But no doubt we'll have a little Benji come along at some stage! :)

I think Benjamin is just adorable! I like having the option of calling him Ben, Benny, Benji (my fav!), Benno, Benjo etc depending on my mood...or Benjamin if he has been bad! hehe!

I have a feeling I am having a girl this time round though! Undecided on whether or not we want to find out for sure! But no doubt we'll have a little Benji come along at some stage! :)

Benjamin James is the favourite on my list, but my OH doesn't like Benjamin for some reason :shrug:

Our boys name has to have James in it somewhere... as it is OH's family name, he wants James as a first name, but I want James as a middle name :wacko: The only first name that we agree on is Jack, but we don't like Jack James... ahh it's so confusing!

Another girls name we love is Annabelle Alice :)

i prefer more traditional names. my son is called Matthew,my daughter is olivia and this baby is going to be called amelia x

we are calling our little one Harry Desmond Kennedy (desmond is after my granddad)

Another vote for traditional names here! I don't get involved in a lot of the names threads as some of the names make me cringe - I know, I know, each to their own and all that but still.....:wacko:

I thought I was the only one doing this ;)

I like Ingrid for a girl (but totally stuck on a middle name), OH keeps coming up with really nice, traditional boys names as well but oddly enough they are also the names of famous cricketers/rugby players. Coincidence?

Nope! Me too!

I love Ingrid - might run that past dh tonight.

We get a lot of rugby/football names too!

If it's a boy ours will be George William Henry (both mine and my OH's Grandfathers) and for a girl I like the idea of a traditional welsh name. :)

My sons name will be Edward Daniel after my father who is Daniel Edward and my grandpa who is Edward

I quite like traditional names but I'm quite fussy in that I don't like if a name is quite common which I find is the case with alot of the traditional names in this area.
For example there are 3 Olivia's and 2 Jack's in my daughter's class. I like the names just not the popularity of them.

I love my cousins names which I think are pretty traditional of Claudia, Thomas, Elsie, Daisy, Stanley and Edward Henry.

We've chosen names that are unusual but hopefully not too out there - I think!! Lol.
We have Calan for a boy and Neevah(undecided on spelling yet..) for a girl.

I am going for traditional names too. If we have two girls they will probably be Evangeline and Theodora or Evie and Thea for short. We only have one boy's name so far and that is Dominic. Still struggling to find a second boys name we both like. I wanted Luca but OH vetoed it. Maybe having our anomaly scan in two weeks and finding out the genders will help things along. :)

I love how we have the SAME taste in names as my son would be named Dominic Francis and my daughter would be named Evangeline Joy - they're in my sig. :) We're so awesome! :haha:

If we had a girl, she was going to be Hannah Grace but as we are having a boy, the name is Liam Alexander. Not sure if Liam is considered traditional but I really like it.

I'm loving old names too, we have picked for a boy William Vincent and girl will either be Elsie Jade or Constance Jade aka Connie x

Love Constance!

Mr too but others dont seem that keen x

I love Constance but don't like Connie - there was a place called Connie's Pizza where I grew up and my sister got food poisoning from there so that may have something to do with it. But Constance is fab!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->