Anyone else had a sudden fear of labour?

xJessie91x

Reaction score
I'm nearly 29 weeks and this is my first baby. All of a sudden I'm terrified of going into labour! I guess it's I don't know what to expect, how I will cope with the pain etc. everytime I think about it I try to distract myself and do something else but it's 1am and I'm just led here worrying about it! Im hoping it's normal to worry!

gotta try and think that its not gonna be pain because something is goin wrong, its just your muscles contracting to push the baby down. have a look into hypno birthing (basically relaxing into a trance like state) also water births as with water birth you are less likely to tear <3 there are also tens machines to help block the pain recepters, pethadine to make you loopy, as does gas and air, epidurals can make u numb from waist down but prolong labour.

keep on your feet as much as possible or at least be on a ball or on ur knees to give gravity a chance to help bring the baby down. <3

if you need a chat, well i dont know all the answers but i can still be an ear to bend <3

I plan to have a water birth and I'm sure that will help. I think its the waiting game not knowing when it will happen. I like to be in control lol.
Thanks for your reply :)

Im totally freaked out to the point where I will cry about it. OH and MIL both say I will b fine and to stop freaking out butt i have anxiety issues so trying not to worry about it is rly hard

me me me!! this is baby number three for me though... if it was so bad do you think I would do it all again? :p I wont lie to you it fucking hurts... but it is a managable pain as it comes and goes just breathe through each contraction and remember that you are always in control. Ibhad a major freak out a few weeks ago I laid awake shitting myself over it... I think it would be weird if you didnt feel a little bit of fear for it.. its part of getting ready and coping :) you will be fine.. us ladies were built to do just this! :) xxx

Thank you ladies. Baby 3! That's brave ;) x
I used to suffer from panic attacks so I think it could be the hormones messing with those.

I think it just hit me last night. This will be my second baby so I know what to expect which makes it a tiny bit scary for me. I remember laboring here at home with my husband asleep and I was holding on to dear life during each contraction. Now I have a little boy to take care of, how am I going to care for him properly while I try and cope with the pain? He is used to mommy putting him to bed, changing him, dressing him, feeding him. I'm nervous!

Me, slightly! I tore badly with DS and there is the risk of me being left incontinent if it happens again with this LO. I've had scans and tests done to check my scar tissue and I'm reassured I've healed well, my consultant has agreed to me trying for a vaginal delivery this time. But after thinking positively and putting the risk out of my mind its suddenly hitting me- what if?! I'm not worried about the pain of labour- it doesn't last that long and its so worth it!

Thank you ladies. Baby 3! That's brave ;) x
I used to suffer from panic attacks so I think it could be the hormones messing with those.

I have GAD and have panic attacks when I feel trapped.. during labour you kind of take it one step at a time xx

Oh me. I've been handling it all ok until last the week when I've started feeling things happening. It's only just hitting me now I think!

Please don;t worry!! It is such a wonderful experience and you should do your best to be positive and try not to think of it as a painful, scary experience. Most woman go on about the pain but it's not like you have broken your arm and feeling constant pain for hours on end. The contractions only last a minute at a time and you feel completely normal in-between them, and they only get really intense towards the end and then you are nearly holding your baby!!! I used gas and air and it really worked well for me. Also, i think that once you get to 10 cms dilated, that the worst is over- i know you have still to push the baby out (although i didn't push once- just relaxed my muscles and didn't tear - read about hypnobirthing) but that was not really that hard after the last few contractions ( to get to 10cm) are over! and the midwives guide you through it all. It's wonderful!

I am so excited to do it all again! I can't wait. Try to be positive as I do really think it makes a difference to your experience!

I have high anxiety as well really bad I've had it since I was like 4 (bad right) anyways with my first the sperm left and I had the baby with just support from family labor is what you make of it the more nerviouse and scared you are the harder it will be you have to relax yourself. For me labor was just fine. It didn't get me nerviose I was able to just pay attention to getting my little rose. With my 2nd I didn't have time to panic it happend to fast. This is my 3rd and I will be induce because we live so far and I labor so fast I will be honest I'm scared this time the girls were at the best childrens hospital on this side of the states (tho the girls were just fine threw start to now) and nothing bad has happen with this pregancy but we moved to an area where the hospital is very small I'm going to go look around b4 he comes to make things easier

Thank u all for your replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one worrying. I've been fine and relaxed about it but last night panic hit me! I'm ok again now, and I so know it will be worth it! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->