Anyone else has this. Early scan, nothing on it. 4 positive HPT & Digi +1-2 weeks

xpatchx

Wife, Mummy and pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi! I have had 2 positive FR tests (first one a good line, second MUCH darker (top is more recent)...
https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f31/xpatchx/IMG_7735.jpg

I had a positive IC and also a positive ASDA test.

Went to dr and she said because of past mc's she wanted me scanned.

Went to my scan today as planned. The sonographer laid me down and did the internal and I was watching her face and it dropped from "happy smiley positive" sonographer, to serious "I'm sorry" sonographer.

She just went "Sarah, I can't actually see a pregnancy here and your lining is thick, 15mm"

I said "I've had 4 different types of positives, feel sick, and am 5 days late. Could I be too early?"
She went "Not if you're getting positive HPT's, I should see something. I'm going to get bloods done."

So I waited and had bloods and asked the dr his advice. He said she ruled out ectopic (which she hadn't told me, she just said she had to check for it!) and that if the bloods come back + then I have to go back for more in a week or so.

So I waited around because he said to wait till 2, then the sonographer came in and said "no you need to go home, it could be up to 5pm the results come back. We'll call you this evening. If your levels are up then they will be able to tell how far gone you are, and why I couldn't see anything, but try not to worry"

So I've come home and my Clear Blue digi had arrived (eBay!) so I pee'd on it out of morbid curiosity.

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f31/xpatchx/Medway-20120414-00516.jpg

What the hell is going on? Has anyone else been through this? My LMP was Feb 27th. I have 6 week long MC's usually, so I was due on around the 10th. I'm only around 4 days late and I think ovulation should have occurred on 27th of March.

So really, from conception, I'm only likely to be around 3 weeks or even less. Could that be why they've seen nothing? And what does "thick lining" mean?

hey i think you are definately pregnant. around the 20th of december when i found out i was pregnant i had a private scan done to which no sac or embyro was seen just a thick uterine lining. the ultrasound tech asked could i be pregnant and i was no im not sure, went home bought tests and tested with fmu net morning and low behold was pregnant. bought digi test and tested later that day with the weakest urine ever and it came up 3+...

it shows how the scan showed up nothing bar a thick lining which is actually a sign in itself.. im 21 weeks now :) good luck xx

She said thick lining like it was a bad thing? It was 15mm thick and I have it on the paperwork she gave me?!
You've given me much more of a positive attitude. I think I am far too early to see! Hopefully they can get me back in in a few weeks and check again x

By the way the lining thickens at the beginning of pregnancy to allow the embyro to burrow right in xx

Its bad if you werent pregnant it could be a sign of endometriosis as my tech told me( btw my tect wasnt scanning for pregnancy just scanning to ccheck all was ok) i think its safe to say you are pregnant especially with all those tests.. now your obviously still very early on and i dont want to worry you but you know urself things can go wrong, hope you have a sticky bean xx

I would say you are pregnant and the baby is in an awkward place to see or simply too small. They should have tried a vaginal scan maybe?

Yep just wanted you to know i relate to the scan because mine was thick with absolutely no baby in it.. oh and i booked for an internal scan the next day..after i tested and i went in and told the tech that i was actually pregnant and she said' ya you had a thick uterine lining which is what happens in early pregnancy it was just too early for us to see the sac '

she was the one who had put pregnancy into my head as after first scan she had askd me had i tested for pregnancy which I hadnt..

Oh and i had awful cramps when i first became pregnant and i mean awful!! so much I thought i was losing baby.. i rested up for a week took time off work and just relaxed.
So if you get any pains and that dont freak out k :)

My advice ha good luck xxxx

I had the exact same thing at 7 weeks, no baby could be seen. Was told it was prob a missed miscarriage. Had to wait 7 days and be re scanned. 7 days later we saw our babies heartbeat and measured right for dates. Just must have been hiding! 18 weeks now and everything seems fine so far.....

It defo sounds lke its just too early, im sure you will go back and baba will be there clear as day and a digi is a great positive too kx

With my first pregnancy, I was less than 4 weeks along (Probably about a week or so after conception) when I had a sonar. Neither me nor the dr knew I was pregnant, the sonar was done for other reasons. The dr also noticed how thick the lining was.

Then, 10 days later, I had to repeat the sonar again, but this time we had bloodtests saying I'm pregnant, so when the dr couldn't see anything with the normal sonar, he did a transvaginal sonar. And there it was, a little sac measuring 5+4 weeks. So not even 6 weeks pregnant (less than 4 weeks after conception). He couldn't see anything with the normal sonar, and even with the transvaginal he could only see the sac, nothing inside. So again, 2 weeks later I had to go back, and this time we could see the bean (with heartbeat!!) at 7w3d. I was so worried all those weeks and for nothing. Everything turned out fabulous. Today, that little bean is a strapping 11-year old. :happydance:

They really shouldnt scan you until at least 6 weeks pregnant as the sac etc takes different times in different people to show up, I know because just prior to this pregnancy I had what was called a pregnancy of unknown location as they couldnt see anything on my scan and they scanned me right up until 8 weeks before this was diagnosed, the problem was I was convinced I had a miscarriage but my hcg levels were still continuing to go up but not as they should and the pregnancy had to be ended. This time when I was scanned early due to my previous history they scanned me at 6 weeks and told me that it might be too early to see anything, but we did, they really should generally wait till around 8 weeks before they diagnose or are unhappy with it being a viable pregnancy, what they should do is take your bloods every couple of days to make sure your hcg is increasing at a proper rate. I'd say its probably just too early to see and when you go back your little bean will have appeared xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all for reassurances :)
It was a vaginal scan that I had, dunno about everywhere else but here they don't do an ultrasound scan until 11 weeks plus, always vaginal.
I definitely think I'm too early, but she kept saying "If you got a positive home pregnancy test I WOULD see something by now" so it got me panicking! x

How confusing for you! Please let us know what your bloods say? I think especially from what others have said, you are pregnant and its just very early. Good luck chick! X

Just would like to wish you all the luck for your results later xx

This happen to me, don't worry babe I'm sure you are gonna be ok. With my baby I poditive at 3 weeks, I didn't even had my first on appt when I started spotting and went to ER, they did an ultrasound and nothing was there, she said there is no pregnancy. I was like how is that possible. They did a blood test and that was positive but low, they told me it was an ectopic pregnancy and how dangerous that was. I then had to go back for more blood test, it wasn't until I was like 6 weeks from my LMP that something started looking normal, my baby is now a healthy 6 year old. With my pregnancy right now I had like three pregnancy test at home and got positive, when I went to the doctor an to confirm because I was drinking some medication and their test was negative and was told I wasn't pregnant, since that had happen to me before I stopped drinking the medication and made an appt with my ob and requested a blood test wich came back positive. My conclusion was that my hormone level shows really early in pregnancy. Good luck

hmm. I had the same situation. The Dr's got my dates messed, as I have a dodgy cycle. It does sound a bit early, if you have a thick lining shows the body is preparing for the pregnancy to show.
If those tests say 1-2 I think it means 2-3wks pregnant, which is far too early.

Fingers Crossed :)

The day my af was due, I went to the ER for bleeding because I had already had several positive pregnancy tests. They did a transvaginal ultrasound and couldn't see anything. They did bloodwork and scheduled follow up blood work and said all looked fine with my blood work, so they scheduled me an appt at 9 weeks Pregnant. I went in and saw my bubs and his heartbeat!

So you are just too early to tell!

if youre only 5 days late, you wouldnt see something so early. what she should have done was tell you to come back in 10 days for another scan!x

griffinh I thought that too! I went to the doctors and I expected her to say that she'd book a scan for like a week or two's time, then she told me to go in I thought "Ah maybe they CAN see that early" but all they did was worry me more!

No bled, cramped or anything, still getting positive tests and everything. In 2 days it'll be around 3 weeks since I ovulated - so I COULD only be 2 weeks pregnant!!! I'm getting increasingly angry that she's left me all night worrying myself sick when she could have JUST said "It's too early"

After being supposed to get the results at 1pm yesterday, I then got told to go home and they'd call by 5. I called at 5.30 and was told results don't come in till 8 so to call back at 9pm. Called back at 9pm and they said a doctor would have to call me back with the results so to wait for the call. It's now 8am and I've called AGAIN and they have told me I have to wait for a doctor...AGAIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->