Anyone else HATE the 1st trimester?

Yes!! Worry, nausea, spotting... roll on 12 weeks (only 5 weeks to go :wacko:)!!

Definitely. I've been nothing but miserable so far. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! I haven't left the house in a few weeks because I just feel too sick to go anywhere. Everyone keeps saying it will be better soon, I sure hope so!

ahhh i so wish 1st tri was over ffor all the worrying i just want everything to be ok and get past 12 weeks that would jsut be completely amazing i feel so lucky to be pregnant :)

That's exactly how I feel.
Since I got my BFP last week, every day is lasting an age, and I'm worrying about everything.
I haven't had many symptoms but I really want time to speed up a bit - for my first antenatal appointment on the 10th February, then 12 weeks for my scan!

I'm in the same boat. I remember with my first pregnancy my moods were up and down a lot for the first 3 months. But i was fine in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.

Currently feeling lazy, tired, moody, and rather depressed even though this baby is all we ever wanted.

Maybe it's the hormones, worry, and being so tired all the time that makes us feel like this. Roll on 2nd tri!!!!!

It's also reassuring that other people feel the same way, and if anyone wants to chat then message me :kiss:

hugs xxxx

i just wanna give birth... skip ahead to the best part.

I agree with this. I want to just have the baby! If I was a stay at home wife I would be doing better. Getting pu at 5:50am every day and working with very difficult 2nd graders with behavior issues has taken its toll on me. If I could nap when I needed and just relax I would be doing much better. Hopefully I start feeing better in the next couple weeks.

I completely agree with what everyone's saying & i'm liking everyone's honesty as i read a thread the other day that appeared to look down on people finding the 1st Tri a bit tough. I'm over the moon to be pregnant but at the same time, the tiredness, disturbed sleep, the bloatedness/weight gain & nausea aren't great. I've never been one to worry about my weight but it's creeping on (quicker than i expected) & as i'm eating better (& less) & consciously doing more exercise (not strenuous), i've no idea what's happening. Also, i've just gone past the 8 wks mark & whilst i didn't expect it, i'm having trouble booking my 1st appointment with a midwife. The soonest date she's got is the 14th Feb & by then i'll be 11 wks. Currently playing telephone tennis trying to get something sooner sorted - fingers Xd!

ME!

And I speak for my wife too. It's been awful but thankfully I'm off to 2nd Tri on Thursday fingers crossed.

I wouldn't say I hate the symptoms since they haven't been horrible. What I hate is the WORRY. And the waiting for ultrasounds etc to make sure things are ok. I want to see my baby, hear its heart beat, then move onto second trimester when I can relax a little!

this is me today! i couldn't sleep last night and im a cranky biotch. My dh had to remind me that he's on my team and not the enemy. poor guy i love him so much but im just so cranky.

i'm with addie - teaching is hard enough and doing this pregnant is really taking its toll. I actually cried the other day at school which I NEVER do! Please raise you children to be respectful!! Sometimes I feel like a babysitter rather than a teacher!!

i actually love this thread and the honesty in it! as i experienced today not everyone is understanding to how crappy we may be feeling.. i personally feel so misserable and of course happy to be pregnant but at the end of the day were only human girls.. roll on the second tri x

I hate to say that because I feel soooo grateful to be here...but I hate it too! I called my mom yesterday (who's got 8 grandchildren and baby will make 9) and said, "you are currently in danger of never getting a 10th grandchild! I can't do this again!!!" The sickness is sooo terrible. I've gotten used to being tired and it doesn't bother me anymore. But feeling sick 24/7 and being sensitive to smells is driving me insane! If this doesn't taper off soon, I don't know that I WILL be able to do this a second time! I always wanted a huge family (4 or 5 kids) but I never knew how horrible this was going to be lol This is my first and I'm thinking a second is in the cards but only if I don't feel like this the entire 9 months.

Moody, feeling low, cranky, nauseous, my clothes arent fitting, bloated, feeling like I have a hangover when I havent been near a drink (and cant imagine it anyway), food aversions, getting into bed before 8.30pm most nights... bye bye social life!! and just feeling blurrrrggggghhhhhh...

And lets not start on the emotional side of things! LOL... this is my first baby, and im already going thorough a horrible, painful change where my job was 'my identity' and now I cant stand my job, well, im definetely losing interest in it at least! and yet my new identity as a mother is in limbo as the baby isnt born yet!! Ohhh, what to think and do!!!!

And friends... who havent had a baby REALLY dont understand!! (But they will do one day! lol)

Sorry, a slight rant there, but it kind of sums up how I am feeling...

I feel really tired and have a dull backache continuously.

One minute I feel fine and then I get a wiff of something and feel green.

I'm snappy with OH, who isn't helping out with anything (cooking, cleaning etc) thus making me more exhausted!

My skin has broken out!

I kissed emotional control goodbye at like 3dpo.

Oh yeah and I have that awful fear of 'is it going to stick.. please let it stick' just to add to my exhaustion/stressed feeling.

BUT... all this said I'm still on :cloud9: about my :bfp:

Oh yeah and I feel like someone has kicked me in the boobs.

All of you are so honest, love it!!

Exactly how I feel. I am so tired and achy and sick all day long right now - my housework is piling up making me feel even worse. Luckily my DH is an amazing man and would do all the housework plus his 55 hour/week job if I needed him to though it hasn't gotten to that point.

I feel like such a lazy snot right now :cry:

I am so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all the time. I told my husband the other day that I feel like a pregnancy failure. I don't eat well enough or exercise, my house is a mess, there are no groceries in the house, I haven't shaved my legs in weeks, etc.

I feel so guilty that I am not enjoying this, as we tried for 20 months unsuccessfully and I hated women who complained about being pregnant when it was all I wanted. Now, I am realizing that it really is so difficult not to get depressed when I am sick to my stomach and exhausted all of the time. I hate my job right now because the days seem so long since I am so tired, and I love my job usually.

I am so looking forward to the second trimester and spring. :)

I am so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all the time. I told my husband the other day that I feel like a pregnancy failure. I don't eat well enough or exercise, my house is a mess, there are no groceries in the house, I haven't shaved my legs in weeks, etc

:haha: OMG we're twins. My house is a freaking mess! I can't eat right, even though I started out this pregnancy eating fruits and veggies and all gungho about eating healthy...now all I can stomach is carbs. And OH doesn't go shopping on his own so there really isn't much in the way of food in the house. AND yeah, I don't remember the last time I shaved lol. I was laying in bed with OH the other night and he put his hand on my leg and I said something about being a wolly mammoth and he said, yeah as usual. hahah poor man. Wish he would step up and clean the house though. He'll cook if I ask him too and has done 90% of it...but the cleaning...ugh.

I am also feeling depressed and dragged down by the weather. Can't wait until second tri and lovely weather. Right now we're in the middle of a big snow storm - expecting 12-24" - and it just makes everything worse!

My mood and my symptoms seems to get worse as the day progresses - by the evening I just want to eat my dinner, stare at the tv in silence, and then fall into bed as quickly as possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->