Anyone else HATE the 1st trimester?

Braven, I hear you about the weather. I am in New Hampshire and it has started here and we will have about two feet by tomorrow night, or so the weather people keep saying. I need flip flops and sunshine and ice cream cones and a chaise next to a pool with a good book to boost my spirits. :)

I keep telling myself that it is better that this horrendous weather is in my first trimester and not in my third. :)

I feel for you guys in the North East!! I'm from and my family lives in CT (I live in the south now, though) and this was definitely a record year.

Braven, I hear you about the weather. I am in New Hampshire and it has started here and we will have about two feet by tomorrow night, or so the weather people keep saying. I need flip flops and sunshine and ice cream cones and a chaise next to a pool with a good book to boost my spirits. :)

I keep telling myself that it is better that this horrendous weather is in my first trimester and not in my third. :)

Yes but it makes it hard for me because my OH works late and I've got to go get him because we only have one car and I can't shovel the driveway so I've gotten stuck in the driveway and not been able to get him. I dunno which I'd rather lol. I work outside in the summer so I'm going to be big and hot and miserable in 3rd tri lol (but hopefully NOT sick!!)

I keep daydreaming about better weather. I was sitting at the window envisioning green grass, green leaves, playing outside in the backyard with the kids...ugh...snow is depressing.

the uk's weather isnt exactly great either but wont be long till summer (well a bit of warmer weather lol)

Ahh yeah I've heard the UK has gotten it bad this year. For us we have generally another 2 months here...I know its not LONG but it feels like an eternity!

we have about 4 months of this poopy cold weather left lol.. x

we have about 4 months of this poopy cold weather left lol.. x

Hahah HOW is that almost warm weather then?! We usually start to get better days in March, although it has been known to snow in May before. I remember graduating from college on May 19th and it was snowing that morning. Ugh...I don't know why I live in this climate! I think I need to move to the bahamas or something!

I plant loads of bulbs and flowers - that helps me get through to the better weather in the UK...

Today is the first day i noticed that the days are getting longer again (yay!) and I think by mid Feb-March we should be over the worst of the bad temperatures! Then we just need to get through rainy April, and we are into gorgeous May!

im having a really rough 1st tri too!! feel like i cant leave the sofa or toilet sometimes yuk!!

cant wait for all this sickness to go!! this is my 3rd pregnancy and ive never felt so yukky!!

i also cant wait for some warmer days, and im with you on planting daff bulbs it cheers me up too :haha: x

I'm so tired all day, everyday...no matter if I sleep 12 hours. It really is getting ridiculous now. I don't even have the energy to take a shower or make myself something to eat...but somehow I always do, baby's gotta eat and no one wants to be stinky.

I'm so tired all day, everyday...no matter if I sleep 12 hours. It really is getting ridiculous now. I don't even have the energy to take a shower or make myself something to eat...but somehow I always do, baby's gotta eat and no one wants to be stinky.

Same here - I have a good 8/10 hour sleep and in the afternoon a 2/3 hour nap and I'm STILL tired during the day . .

Hope what they say about getting the energy back in 2nd Tri is true :haha:

I'm so pleased i found this forum! Here was i thinking i was the only one feeling this way! :dohh:

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and since i found out 5 weeks ago have been in a perpetual state of depression even though we've been been for over 2 years and this baby is a much wanted addition to our family (already have 1 girl).

I have suffered with depression ever since having my dd 5 years ago, and since finding out am pregnant have had to significantly decrease my medication, so yes that may be a contributing factor. I feel so much worse this time than i did first time round. That may be because i'm so much more worried, as because we were trying for so long, i'm thinking if this goes wrong i might not be lucky enough to fall again. Am also worried because of my high bmi that if anything does go wrong i only have myself to blame.

The level of tiredness i'm experiencing this time round is untrue. 9 hours sleep a night, and i'm LITERALLY falling asleep at my desk during the day:sleep: - cant keep my eyes open! its really embarassing! feel so lethargic, weak and drained, i just want to sleep the rest of this trimester away and wake up in semester 2 starting to glow and feel good.. i've forgotten how that feels like :growlmad:

I so cannot wait to get out of the first trimester. I have never thrown up this much before in my life. I cant eat, sleep, poop haha! My first son was sooo easy then again it was 10 years ago! Hope you are feeling better, cant wait till I do! :hug::hug:

I'm sure the worst of the symptoms are yet to come for me, but I could be done with the worrying its not going to last already. I'm not an extreme worrier, but I will feel a lot better about it in the 2nd tri.

I feel like I just want to go to sleep and wake up to give birth, or the 2nd trimester if it means that I will be at least half my normal self again!

I am constantly tired, like never before in my life, and spend my day lying on the sofa. I can't even find the energy to stand up and cook something for myself. It's getting ridiculous and I'm quite sad about this as I always imagined that a pregnancy would be an enjoyable experience, despite the nausea. But being so tired is making me depressed as it means that I am holed up at home all the time.:cry:

I'm so so so so worried something will go wrong, like today, my symptoms are GONE.
No sore boobs, no nausea.
Have had the WORST day worrying about why.
I pray for 2nd tri for all of us quickly!!!!
Hell why not full term god damn!
xx

I am having my symptoms on and off now, today is a good day :)

I went out last night and laughed and laughed with my friends it felt good as I havent done it in a while! i am sure that is much better for the baby than staying in on the sofa all the time... I have learnt that when I have energy it is best to use it, as it soon disappears and exhaustion kicks back in quick!

It is a really scary time, the constant worry of miscarriage and what could go wrong.
but i can honestly say.... I've loved every minute so far of being pregnant!
You've just gotta put ur worries aside and remember how amazing the whole thing is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->