anyone else have a cold????

LesleyL

new mommy of twin girls!
Reaction score
since saturday, i have had a nasty cold. i did have a low-grade temp (99.7), but it is ok now. i haven't taken anything, nor do i want to, but everything is going to my chest. i am trying not to sneeze or cough hard, but its so hard not to! anyone else going through this????

Hey, I am suffering bigggg time with a cold! My temperature dropped a bit this morning too, to just about my baseline.

Feeling awwwwwwful! If I wasn't pregnant I'd be taken plenty of meds to help but i'm paranoid about taking anything at all now... so i'm just dosing up on orange juice and any type of food that I can keep down.

I hope you feel better soon!

I'm 7 weeks 5 days by the way

xx

I had a cold for 4 weeks straight, from about 6 weeks to 10 weeks. It SUCKS!

I didn't take anything for it; just got LOADS of rest, ate tons of oranges (love those little clementines that are in season now!) and stuck with lots of water (lemon water helps phlegm and has antibacterial properties!). Avoid too many fruit juices as they may have added sugar.

If you develop a fever, don't post here, go to the doc! :)

Something to make you feel good: Having a cold is a sign that your immune system has lowered. This happens so that your body can adjust to the pregnancy, and most importantly, so your body does not reject the pregnancy. It's a good sign :)

yep same got major cold and suffering big style with headaches and cant sleep properly iam taking paracetamol just to get me threw work and putting olbas oil on my pillow to help sleep

I just got over (I hope, last day or so) a cold and it wasn't as bad as usual (I quit smoking before I got pregnant, so no chesty cough this time!!!). I used olbas oil to help the blocked nose, lots of lovely tea with honey and cough sweets (all available from Boots); only needed one dose of paracetamol BUT am very tired so resting even more than I was, if that is possible....

If you continue to feel bad, perhaps go see the doctor just in case? I was able to take one dose of cough syrup with codeine one night as had a hacking tickle at the back of my throat, and was TMI peeing in my knickers every time I coughed (was at home, but was embarrassing as my OH kep asking what would I be like at 9 months if I was going through 5 pairs of knickers in two hours --I asked if he would make those comments to the baby when he went through 5 nappies!) and it 'kicked' the cough, if you will....

best wishes

im just over the cold! it was horrible!hard to shift, just had loads of hot drinks, with honey!!and plenty of rest!

mrs mystery didnt realise having the cold is a good sign, thats gd to know!!!!

thanks, ladies. i slept from about 1030 pm last night and just finally got out of bed at 4 pm today (minus some pee trips). i'm trying to decide if i am going to go to work tomorrow. wow! sick for 4 wks! i don't know if i could put up with it for that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->