Anyone else have issues with blood pressure?

snuggles82

Reaction score
For the last 4 days I have had a headache that starts mid morning and lasts for about 4 hours. Everyday it seems to get progressively worse, and today I had issues with my vision, getting very dizzy, sweats, and my face got really red. After comments from my co-workers on how I looked I took my blood pressure which was 146/85, which is a little high, but not that bad. A few hours later my blood pressure returned to normal 115/69 and the headache went away. but it also left me feeling exhausted and drained.

I am not dehydrated (which is what I initially thought when the headaches started), and have a job where I sit down most of the day.

I am confused why my blood pressure spikes and then returns to normal everyday. I have an appointment with my OB on Thursday, I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

Hmmm... I am not sure why it is doing that. Could it be stress?

I have high blood pressure - I started pregnancy with it so it isn't pregnancy induced. But I was taken off work today because it is starting to get too high. Not dangerous but getting there (146/100 at my appointment today). But mine is pretty consistent and they want me to stop working because of all the stress..

I am interested in what your OB says! Good luck - I hope the headache doesn't come back tomorrow!

I would definately see your doctor or OB as soon as you can as headaches, blurred vision and an increase in blood pressure are all signs of pre-eclampsia (not wanting to scare you). It may not be pre-eclampsia but I am being watched with my bp coz its gone from always being 110/70 to 130/80 these last couple of weeks. I have been told any headaches or vision problems to call my midwife straight away.

Like I said I don't want to scare you, and yes your bp doesn't sound too high but they look at whether your bp is high in context with what it normally is for you, there is something causing your spike in bp so I would make sure you get it checked Hun.

I've always had super low Bp before pregnancy and the beginning ... In the 100's over 60's...one time even 90/60. The past month or so it has skyrocketed up to high 130's/90's! I haven't had any blurred vision or headachs though so I think this is just gestational high Bp. Doctor says if it stays high I may go at 39 weeks. I would call your doc if your experiencing the blurred vision/headaches as those are signs of pre-clamp...gl to you!

I've always had super low Bp before pregnancy and the beginning ... In the 100's over 60's...one time even 90/60. The past month or so it has skyrocketed up to high 130's/90's! I haven't had any blurred vision or headachs though so I think this is just gestational high Bp. Doctor says if it stays high I may go at 39 weeks. I would call your doc if your experiencing the blurred vision/headaches as those are signs of pre-clamp...gl to you!

Tiger that's similar story to me, usually 100-110 over 70-80 and last 2 weeks went up to at least 130 over 90 (which isn't high) but my MW did send me to hospital as it was high for me. I don't have headaches and blurry vision but they keep stressing the importance of ringing them if I do get either. As I'm almost due now I think mine is just coz I'm about to give birth, but to the OP I would certainly speak to a healthcare professional as soon as possible.
Although I did mean to ask how you know your bp if you haven't already been seen by a healthcare professional?

At my booking app at 9 weeks mine was 130/70, at 16 week and 24 week app it was 110/70.... I've been keeping an eye on it over the last few days as I've not felt 100%. Had a few minor headaches which haven't lasted long. It's been creeping up from high 130's to now 150-155 ish yesterday and today. Bottom number is in the 70/80s. So I'm gona call midwife tomorro and see what she says.

I dont think your BP is very high IMO but your other symptoms are worrying, can you see your midwife for some tests for pre-eclampsia? I had it with my first and I have it now, my feet are triple the size, I have flashy lights in my vision and plus 1 protein in my urine, my bp hits 147/103 I was almost induced but they managed to bring it down after an hour or 2 on monitors. My blood results show slightly higher levels than normal but my liver function and growth scans are all really good so I'm still hanging on in there lol... go see your midwife!! xxx

Yes my normal bp is 140/70 which some people consider high.. But my midwife says she's sure I've got white coats :) at my gtt test the midwife that took it there took a higher reading so kept me a few hours for monitoring and every time she took it was high.. I was sceduled for blood growth scans consultants and all this, when at every other appt since that its been fine again! I blame her for making me all anxious running all these tests when I was ready anxious about the gtt test.. But it's been fine every other time :)

Thanks ladies for all of your comments and suggestions. It is much appreciated to know that I am not the only one with this issue. I called my OB this morning as it happened again for the 5th day and spoke with a nurse. She told me to take some tylenol for the headache and wait until tomorrow morning for my appointment. At my last appoitment 2 weeks ago my normal blood pressure was 130/59 and they were a little concerned that it was low. And now all of a sudden it spikes, I don't know what gives, but all I can do is to wait.

Today has been rough because my blood pressure doesn't return to normal gradually, it just sort of drops off back to normal very quickly. This leaves me feeling very dizzy, shaky, and EXHAUSTED. I almost went home sick from work because I was feeling so bad. But I am just going to musle through it until tomorrow.

I should add that this is a new experience for me because I never had issues with my BP during my first pregnancy, only pre term labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->