Anyone else have this problem?

apple_sauce

Mommy to an angel
Reaction score
So I started using OPKs last month to pin point when I am oing. However it has not gone as I would have hoped.
Last month I was getting blaring positives for 3 days then ran out of tests, so I couldn't see when I stopped getting positives.
This month I waited longer to start testing and I am now on day 5 of test line being darker than the control.
From everything I have read this is not what is supposed to be happening. I was waiting to go back to getting negitives so I could then know when I o'd. Could I not be oing? My periods aren't light or anything (not sure if this matters in any way).

Any help I could get would be great.

Are you just using OPKs or an additional method of tracking your cycle?

Your body can gear up to ovulate and not actually ovulate, and it's not unusual to get many days of positive OPKs. If you aren't already, I would recommend charting your cycle through temping and checking your cervical mucus. Fertilityfriend.com is a great site to input your temperatures and get tutorials on charting for TTC. Using your temperatures can show you an increase in temperature after ovulation so you can get a good estimate of the actual day you ovulated.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much

I have only just started using OPKs. This was my second month using them. I just seem to get never ending positives, so I was concerned something wasn't right.

Are u sure they are all positives? When I was using the ic opks I was getting confused that they were all dark but not as dark as the control line that was making me question myself so I bought the cb digis and wasted a bunch before I realized that on the ic opks the test line should "develop" for lack of a better word at the same rate as the control line when it was a true positive.

Oh ya I am sure. The control line is always darker than the test line. I am using first response opks.

yes I noticed that with my two positive lines (both from one day) the line wasn't just darker, but also developed quicker than previous days (even if previous days were of slightly convincing darkness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->