Anyone else having to wait years before TTC?

Althara

Going to be an aunt! :D
Reaction score
It's just really bugging me recently that due to the whole need-a-degree-to-get-decent-job thing these days I have to wait so long before even starting to try for #1! :dohh:

As it stands, I have to wait until June/July 2011 to graduate, as does my OH. Then, if I get a place, it's another year of debt through law school. Then, again if I get a place, it's two years further in training, though at least I'll be getting paid and starting to pay off some student debt! So I'm looking (ideally but not at the same time!) at it being 2014 before I can really start seriously thinking about TTC. And as broody as I am at the moment, that's just silly!

Does anyone else here have far too long to wait?
xx

Iv got a year minimum to wait, all because OH isent ready. I dont know if he is going to be ready next christmas.

The not knowing must be driving you crazy :(
Hope your OH makes his decision soon! xx

I'm graduating next july, and have to get a job. So when i started uni i was looking at 3+ years. But it flys by so fast that i've got about year left to wait. Don't worry, because the degree and the training will be so worth it when your financially comfortable and your child will reap the benefits. x

I'm mostly planning to try at the end of college next year, but quite a lot of me is torn, because I could go on to uni instead and wait another 4 years. I don't want to wait another 4 years, but having the qualification might be worth it.

I haven't a clue how long I got to wait but I will be probably be haunting wtt for a few years.

same situation. graduate fiiiinally next june/july ish then need to get financially sorted... heres to the next couple of years flying by for us! :) xxx

I could be waiting forever, it certainly feels like that.Im single, just differed college this year and now thinking i dont even want to go back and i live at at home and i cant get a job.So basically a very very very long wait

:hugs: to all of us =D

amylk87 - I know I should think of that but it's just so hard to be patient sometimes!

Amyclaire, deffers hoping for that! Next thing we know we'll be peeing on sticks!!! :happydance:

i know what u mean. We were planning on ttc in May 2010 but i think OH has had a change of heart and now i have no idea :( Its so hard to wait.

I've got ages to wait :( I'm returning to education and hoping to get a place at uni next year. DF and I will not graduate until 2013 and we are hoping to get married in September 2013. So we can't TTC until then and we'll need to find jobs to build up some pennies and get somewhere to live etc etc so I am with you on this one, 4/5 YEARS to wait and i've got to somehow control my broodiness until then. :cry:

I've been with hubby 10 years, living together 8 years, married 18months ish and we're TTC in dec.

It's a long wait but it comes around so quickly!

The above post was meant to be reassuring, I hope it didn't come across to anyone as bragging.

I jsut wanted to reassure people with long waits that they do go quite quickly!

The above post was meant to be reassuring, I hope it didn't come across to anyone as bragging.

I jsut wanted to reassure people with long waits that they do go quite quickly!

it didnt sound patronising at all...it helps to it goes quick...it doesnt feel like it right now...

i have till march 2014 at LEAST to wait..x

I'm 15, so have a longg way to go as I want to be a teacher and have to get my degree for that first before I can even think about TTC! I have a 6 year ticker mostly for keeping my spirits up but I'm sure it will keep getting put back and back. So I have a long wait ahead of me :(

It's even worse because of all these expectations I have. I come from a well off family, I'm bright, everyone expects me to go to Uni and do amazing things with my life and have a career when it really doesn't appeal to me. Sometimes I wish I was one of those girls you read about in papers, the ones who aren't even expected to get any GCSE's and getting pregnant at my age is the norm. But that isn't me, and as much as I hate it, waiting really is what is best and I just have to suck it up :)

I'm planning on waiting until I've got at least two years of college under my belt. I've got almost two semesters done so far, so I don't have too long to go, but OH recently joined the Navy so it may be awhile before we're in a position to even think about starting TTC!

Eeeee!!! Been speaking to the OH about my stupid levels of broodyness recently, told him I didn't want to wait until I was 30 to start trying... And since he wanted marriage before kids and I wanted kids before marriage (bearing in mind he hasn't proposed xD we're still only young and officially I still don't want to get married lol), I suggested a compromise...

We'll start TTC when I'm 25, so that's in 2014!!!!!!!!!!

So excited!!! :happydance:

Georgie, let's be 2014 hopefuls! :thumbup:

Stay strong everyone :D our time will come!! :hugs:

We waited 5 years before we had our son. It was the soonest possible time we could afford for me to stay home with him, which was very important to us. I can't imagine giving him over to someone else to take care of. If you're in school/work in the day and need to study at night... your baby would only be getting your leftovers. You'd miss so many milestones... like the first time to push up or sit up or roll over or grin or LAUGH (this will melt your heart) or coo or goo or gurgle or babble, or hug or kiss or crawl or walk. My son is 16 mo old now and is doing something new every day. It is priceless to me that he has new experiences (first play dough, first time to color, etc) and new words (he's saying about 2 new words a day now) with Mommy, not with a stranger paid to watch him. People want to say that "you can have it all" but you cant... something always gets shorted. If waiting means that your baby won't get the short end of the stick, you're doing the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->