Anyone else having trouble getting all their protein?

PAgal

Reaction score
Hi folks! I`ve repeatedly read that I should be getting a bare minimum of 75g protein a day now (90g recommended), but if I come even close to that I don`t seem to have room left for all the other good stuff I should be eating! Any tips or suggestions? Protein drinks would be perfect but all the ones I see have so much other crap in them that I don`t want to feed baby. Anyone know of any safe protein supps? Thanks!

Sorry, i dont know of any other protein supplements!

But ive been having the same problem...

Ive just ate other forms of proten to help... like peanut butter and hummus.

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttd629c.aspx

yep i've been having the same problem, only thing i've found that helps boost my protein for not much eating, is chicken, even 1/2 a chicken breast (86g) has 27g of protein. but thats on days I feel like I can eat it. I was also told by my midwife that nuts were good for protein, have not look up how much you get for how many nuts yet.

I have never been a big protein eater but I'm trying, I think it's going to be a bigger deal the faster the baby starts to grow.

I asked my doctor, and she insisted that meat was the best protein; I wasn't a big meat person prior and this baby doesn't want anything to do with it. I've had eggs (mostly egg whites), peanut butter, almonds, protein bars and about the only meat I CAN handle: Beef Jerky. I know there are veggies that actually contain protein; I also have a lot of research to do. Good luck and let me know what you find out. I know beans and lentils have protein in them too, but oh the gas.

I haven't been big on meat so far this pregnancy either, but I've switched to things like whole-wheat pasta and apples with peanut butter for snacks.

I've read that whey powder is safe during pregnancy. You could mix this into a smoothie with yogurt and peanut butter and it may help you get your protein in!

OMG I get next to no protein in...I can't stand meat most of the time...carbs is all I can stomach...its frustrating because I'm a big meat lover...and I have a date with a mouth watering piece of prime rib on valentine's day that I hope I can keep!

Interesting thread, thanks :)

I have the same issue and will watch this thread for tips :D

Well it's comforting to know I'm not the only one having this difficulty:) I am going to look into the whey powder and see if I can get it in whole form without other supplements in it at the health food store.

Let's share some protein tips! Here's my 1st one so far---I realized that I lose an opportunity to get protein with breakfast, because I've been having just whole grain cereal with fruit on it. So I just bought some natural sausage at the grocery store. Today I had two sausages (6g protein each) and then just a smaller cereal portion to get my whole grains. It was good!

Yogurt is about all I can do for breakfast...not a lot of protein but its some.

Quinoa makes a really gorgeous porridge...and is very high in plant protein. It is also high in fibre. You can also eat it savoury in the place of rice or cous cous. x x

Quinoa makes a really gorgeous porridge...and is very high in plant protein. It is also high in fibre. You can also eat it savoury in the place of rice or cous cous. x x

How do you cook your quinoa? I just bought some but have never used it...any recipe suggestions? TIA

When I was sick and could barely eat, my Dr. told me to try and fit in a piece of cheese for protein whenever possible. You need to worry about healthy eating more in your second trimester as your first is too tainted with m\s usually that only makes you want to eat carbs! but it will pass and you will go back to regular foods :)

Cottage cheese has a lot of protein in it actually. It sounds gross but I have been sneaking it into spaghetti. It started as a craving, but DH liked it. He said it was like having ricotta in spaghetti! So I make a big pot of spaghetti, then dump a container of cottage cheese in. Its got like 15g of protein per half cup (says the internet)

It really is delicious!

i'm glad i'm not the only one having this struggle.......i've pretty much gone off meat completely. my only protein sources are dairy, almonds, and peanut butter :(

Braven, have you tried the Greek Yogurt yet? It has a good bit more protein and the kind with the fruit in it is pretty good, like thicker creamier yogurt. Those cottage cheese blendables are good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->