Anyone else having trouble sleeping?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I used to be able to sleep through the night no problem, and now, despite being exhausted, I toss and turn all night and wake up several times throughout the night, oftentimes I can't get back to sleep and end up just napping later in the day. I wake up feeling not at all rested and there's no explainable reason for it. Has anyone else had this issue? It's so frustrating.

Hey wonderstruck...I had this with my first...I really didn't sleep at all. Even when I did "sleep" I never fell into a deep sleep and always felt like I was half awake. For most women, it's a phase, but I was one of the unlucky ones that it lasted the entire pregnancy. Try cutting out caffeine if u hvnt already, or at least after noon, and maybe try some yoga or meditating...something to quiet ur mind. Good luck, n hope u can get ur sleep soon!

I thought I was the only one! I can't sleep through the night. I wake up atleast twice and can't sleep past 5am.

I've been passing out by 10:30, I'm surprised I'm up as late as i am right now but i took a long nap earlier, but when i wake up to go to the bathroom usually between 4 and 6 am i can't setback to sleep at all. i end up eventually falling asleep around 8 but then i wake up again at 10 not feeling rested at all. on top of that i take at least 1 nap a day and i have trouble staying awake at all

Actually, when I first started thinking I was pregnant I had slept only 3 or 4 hours a night for a week if that. I'd have problems falling asleep and staying asleep. Then I found out and the exhaustion set in. More recently though I've found the insomnia again and I think it's related to my caffeine consumption. I started craving ice cold coke a week or so ago and I get it anytime we go out. That or sweet tea. Being from the American south, we drink sweet iced tea like water.

I cut out caffeine as soon as I found out I was pregnant so it can't be that.

I had this through my entire pregnancy with my son. I never felt like I'd been to sleep, and 2.30 am every night I was wide awake reading or on here. As I got more heavily pregnant and uncomfortable I was often up for the day at that time :dohh:

With this pregnancy I'm somewhere in between. For the past week or so I've been barely sleeping but a few weeks ago I was sleeping lime the dead :shrug: fingers crossed it's just a phase this time!

Yes! Its driving me mad, im exhausted at night, been going to bed early to try and get more sleep. I fall asleep ok to begin with but always seem to wake about 3am and cannot get back to sleep, then my alarm goes off for work at 6:30am and I could cry! By afternoon at work I am struggling to keep my eyes open, I'd love to just crawl into bed when I get home but I need to pick up my 3 year old, make dinner, play, do her bath, bed etc

Same here! Tossing and turning most of the night. I've ordered a pregnancy pillow and hope that will resolve the problem. I need some sleep!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->