Anyone Else NOT Had a Scan Yet??

littlemiss83

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :hi:

I'm not officially in Tri 2 yet (at least, I dont think I am!) but wanted some advice.

Anyone else not had a scan yet?

I am 12 weeks and still not had one yet, I am waiting for my first appointment at the hospital on Thursday, so i'm hoping I get an appointment made while i'm there.

I'm so sad that I haven't had one yet, it is making me bawl my eyes out :cry: I get excited about being pregnant then tell myself I cant yet as I haven't had a scan.

:cry::cry:

I haven't had one yet either. I won't have one until my next appointment at 17w3d. Boooo.

Hey ho lilmiss

Up here in Scotland you should get your 1st scan between 12 + 14 weeks. Its termed a dating scan and then you should get your due date :). I'd phone your midwife clinic and make sure youre getting seen soon.

Good luck Xx

I'm 14+ 3 weeks and doc requested early scan for me as I had a miscarraige last year but I didn't get it, soo disappointed i have to wait till 19 + 4.

Thanks for all your replies.

I have an appointment with my maternity hospital on Thursday for my booking in appointment, its taken me ages to wait for the appointment, so i'm hoping that when I go I will be booked in for a scan, might not be for another couple of weeks, but will be glad to get a date at least.

:hugs: to those still waiting for scans, its such a horrible zone to be in.

Last week I was feeling more pregnant, but my bump seems to have reduced a bit, so apart from the ms i'm feeling not very pregnant, getting flutters though, but if you blink you miss it.

Fergie, do you only get 1 scan in Scotland now?

:flower:

Try not to get stressed out, i'm sure baby is fine :hugs: fingers crossed you get your scan soon :flower:

No you get your scan at 20 weeks too :). You may get another one after that it just depends on your hospital trust. I'm getting another one at 24 weeks but that's only because i had problems with my last pregnancy.

Good luck with your scan when you get it Xx

My midwife told me that if i hadn't heard confirmation of a scan, that i should ring the hospital to make sure they know to book one. Did u agree to have the NT test for downs screening? cus that is what the purpose of the 12 week scan is for.

Should be soon. Don't be afraid to call people n places. If u keep waiting.. u may be overlooked x

Well this will be my first contact with the hospital, so to be fair they haven't had a chance to give me a scan yet.

I'm sure when I go on Thurs, the consultant will see how far on I am and maybe arrange a scan quicker than normal, hopefully within the next 4 weeks, as i'm off on holiday in May and would like to know everything is ok before then.

Its good to know i'll get 2 scans, when I had my little girl I was being scanned twice a week for the last 2 months due to health problems. Hopefully it wont be the same this time though. Even one scan would be fine for me.

:flower:

I love reading this site and seeing all the differences between the US & UK! :)

How does it work in the US Lucy?

I have my appointment tomorrow, so fingers crossed for me everyone that i'll get an appointment for a scan! Not bothering when it is, would just like to know I have it booked!

Having daily nightmares now about something being not right :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"