Anyone else NOT planning on finding out sex?

Shakeitout

Reaction score
I really don't want too, but im scared the temptation will be too much... anyone else?

I didnt with my daughter but I'm sooooo tempted this time! I keep making up reasons why I *need* to find out!

We're not finding out!

Didn't last time and it was the most amazing feeling ever! One if life's only great surprises!

We found out last time - I am really iffy this time about whether to find out or not.

I like the thought of having everything ready for a boy or girl but ... i also like the idea of a surprise.

Not finding out this time, found out first time and although I don't regret it I do wish I hadn't. My hospital won't tell you the sex so you have to go private, so that will help me resist temptation to find out!

I don't want to find out. But dh really wants to know. I'm only about 5 weeks pregnant and we're already arguing about that!

We always said we don't want to find out. Now that I got my bfp, I really want to know but DH still says no. I really don't want to know so I am glad he is sticking to his guns.

I don't want to know but my fiancé does. Like Molly86 we are already arguing about it and I'm almost 5 weeks. X

I promised my DH we would with our second as we didn't with our DD but I really don't want to know...its the best 50/50 you will ever get in life.. so my DH is going to find out but keep it to himself. ..well try to!! Haha xx

Happy happy, that's going to be a hard secret to keep. I know a family that did the same thing, they gave the baby a nickname so that they could refer to the baby with a name and they wouldn't slip with he/she.

My DH really wants to find out, but I don't since this is our last. We found out with our daughter though, but I'd like a surprise this time. He's going to *try* to keep it a secret from me!

Happy happy, that's going to be a hard secret to keep. I know a family that did the same thing, they gave the baby a nickname so that they could refer to the baby with a name and they wouldn't slip with he/she.

That's an awesome idea!! I've asked him if he thinks he would be able to keep it up and he said he would, he's just very practical and wants to know whether we've to save a lot and start over, if we have a boy, or if it's just a case of buying a few new outfits etc if we have another girl xx

We won't be finding out either, it's our first baby and i'm tempted but my husband really doesn't want to so i guess we'll just find out in January! x

Sooo happy I didn't with my first... and def. won't with my second either. :)

I'm trying to have the willpower!!! This is my last , and I'd love to experience such a surprise! We found out with both boys..... My hubby wants to find out and is not being very supportive on this!!!

I haven't decided yet. Part of me would like the surprise, but I have a daughter who is SO set on having a sister. Even before I was pregnant, she would ask me about getting pregnant and having a baby girl. I've told her that there's no way to control if it's a boy or a girl, and she does understand that, but her heart is just so set on a girl. I think finding out early could give her some time to adjust to it being a boy (if it is) and save a lot of disappointment when the baby is born. She will be 5 when the baby is due. She is so sweet and loving, she adores babies and really wants to be a big sister... I would hate to have gender disappointment clouding all that enthusiasm.

I won't be finding out - i was my sisters birthing partner for bother her children and that moment you realise what sex the baby is, is amazing!! It was her birth plan for me to tell her what she had and i plan on doing the same. My only exception will be if it's twins (find out on monday lol) then i would find out because they would need a little more controlled planning with twice the expense lol x

I haven't decided yet, either. I think it would be nice to wait and not find out. I would rather not have people go crazy with the pink/blue stuff, and I'm not sure that I need to be prepared for one or the other. Remind me I said this down the line when I change my mind LOL.

This will be my first and I'm leaning towards waiting. Plus I'm not big on the gender specific themes that didn't even become popular until the 50s anyway. There's plenty of gorgeous and sophisticated palates for a baby's room and we can always get narrowed down on a set of boys and girls names.

DH was initially for finding out but when I asked what specifically would affect our planning and preparations he realized it's really not necessary to find out beforehand. But the in-laws are pressuring us to find out but they don't have a logical reason other than they want to be conventional followers.

If there was a good valid reason though I could just as easily change my mind and go for it after all.

I really don't want to I think it will be a great surprise but my husband is insistent he needs to know ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->