Anyone else NOT planning on finding out sex?

We won't be finding out, we didn't with DS either so everything we have is 'neutral'.

Friends of ours found out with their first and said it was because they needed to be prepared...we were prepared for DS, just bought neutral clothes and then went out and got 'gender specific' clothes once he was born. Just as well really as we thought he would be around 7lb mark and he was 8 lb 6oz so didn't fit in the little baby grows and jacket I'd got him :haha: plus I don't really go for 'blue for boys and pink for girls' so it doesn't make much difference to me.

I can understand why people do though, especially with their second. Friends of ours found out with their first and have had to find out with their second so they know whether to buy new clothes or not.

Last time I used it as an incentive to push during labour - I had a 4 day labour so needed that incentive by the end of it!!

Not allowed in our country to do a gender check :| :|
so bummed right now...

I won't be finding out - i was my sisters birthing partner for bother her children and that moment you realise what sex the baby is, is amazing!! It was her birth plan for me to tell her what she had and i plan on doing the same. My only exception will be if it's twins (find out on monday lol) then i would find out because they would need a little more controlled planning with twice the expense lol x

Guess we will be finding out what we have cooking in there after all! :happydance:

Oh my goodness congratulations xxshellsxx!! 2 babies - how exciting!

We didn't find out with DD & are not planning to with this one, although there's that split second in the scan room when they ask you & you think '...we could...' But quickly say no!

with DS i knew he was boy, so it didn't matter if they confirmed it at my u/s or not.

This time around, I have no instinct as to what I'm having, and this is my OH's first, and has said he does not want to find out the gender. So we planning on not finding out. I kind of want to though, but I'm giving him all the say as this is his first and what not.

Wow, that's exciting about the twins, shells!

I did with my son and I loved it but we aren't with this baby I want a surprise :)

We won't be finding out, I'm hoping for all midwife care and refusing ultrasounds all together! We have a boy and a girl already, we want this one to be a surprise, though we both feel boy!!

I usually love finding out the sex, but my husband is pretty solidly team yellow. I got my way last time, so I may let him have his way this time.

I'm torn! OH wants to know. I'd like a surprise, but at the same time, I really want a girl, and will probably find out so I have time to work through any gender disappointment I might get :/ if it's a girl this time, then I'll have one of each, and any future pregnancies can be a surprise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->