anyone else not too bothered about a routine???

tristansmum

Reaction score
Tristan is 7 months and we don't have a set routine. He wakes when he wakes 6 or 7am. Breakfast is around 7 or 8am but then we just do what we want. He will take a morning nap but no set time i just watch for tired cues. Lunch is sometime between 12 and 1 or if he had a bottle midmorning maybe later. Again he'll take a afternoon nap but the time and length varies. Our main routine is bedtime but again i watch to see if he is tired. If we go too early he won't go down.

Am i weird for not having much of a routine? Basically i'm lead by him and lead my the day... eg things are different if its a day at home or a day out.

We're the same he don't have a routine except bedtime & it works well for us x

We're the same he don't have a routine except bedtime & it works well for us x

Yeah i just heard about how people have all these set times ect. we just get on with it really. more fun and less stressful.

Hiya :flow:

To be honest, i couldnt do without my routine...but i think its cos i have to juggle work and home life, so i personally need some kind of order!

The other week, DH was off work for the week and i nearly ripped my hair out cos he was leaving Aymen up longer than usual and my whole evening was ruined!

But if i was a fulltime SAHM then i doubt id be so bothered about a routine!

:)

I never enforced a Routine, but my LO fell into her own (which I follow). Even when we're away from home, she basically sticks to HER routine.

We just get on with our days and she naps when shes tired, eats when shes hungry and plays/cuddles for the rest of the time :lol:

TBH I find it less stressful than trying to clock watch and have things running to any time/or order (haha but I'm pretty chaotic!)
I never have to say 'oh I cant come LO will be napping' or the such like as she just come and naps as we go, where ever we are.

Only bedtimes have a fixed pattern

im exactly like farie x

scarlett set her own routine however it is very loose. time vary but follow the same general format. she seems happy with it so i never bothered enforcing anything.

Hi hun, Omar is not a baby anymore & we still dont have a routine. We follow his lead. We dont have any fixed timings for feeding or going to bed. We dont even have a fixed bedtime routine.

We dont really have a routine. But more because Harrison won't follow one. He wakes up at different times everyday. So our day is usually set around the time he wakes up. Our night time is the closest thing we have to a set routine which happens at the se time every night.

Our boys were born on the same day :)

I'm not very ordered myself so I doubt I could set nor enforce any kind of routine.

We just do what Dillan wants. He decides when he naps, when we play, when he is hungry.... and the rest of it. He is the boss and we just go with it. Only thing that really stays the same is bed time, which is usually bath, milkies n story followed by bed. And then a feed when he wakes which can be anytime of the night and back to bed. then he wakes usually around 5am and we chat for a while and have a feed while we nap on the sofa and eventually get up between 8.30 and 9.30am. :)

i've never bothered with a routine
we just do whatever, if she's hungry etc she
tell me, if she wants to paint i let her, i can't see
the point in being strict about activites and food
she's a child she'll do what she wants anyway lol

when she was about 18 months she
got herself into a bedtime routine
bath, bottle, bed and i've stuck to
that but during the day we just do
as we please :thumbup:

Hi

We hav fixed routines... As in, we do some things in the same order eg bedtime is always bath, book & then bed. But, we do it when it's best for LO. So I start bedtime when she's getting tired, or do our "going out" song when she's awake & ready to go out & see the world!

I like the idea that she will start to know what to expect from some of my actions, but I'm not one for doing things at a certain time or clock watching. So I guess I'm somewhere in-between routines & baby led.

I do think all babies & parents are different tho & we do what works for us as a family

:) xx

We don't have a routine. Maia gets up when she wakes up, feeds when she's hungry and naps when she's tired. Bedtime isn't fixed as I like her to have 5 feeds per day so she goes after her last one, whatever time it is.

I get grief from others about my lack of routine but at the end of the day I have a happy contented baby so I really don't see the problem. Things may have to change when I have to go back to work but until then we're happy as we are.

We only have a bedtime routine, and it helps her get to sleep I think (or seems to have been getting progressively better over the last few weeks). Even then, though, the little bit of a routine we have is more for me than for her. That way I know when to give her her bath, when to put on her pj's, etc. Having a time to do those things makes things feel a little less chaotic. But I've always liked a little structure, so that's probably just me.

We have a routine of what we do ie naps etc but its not set to the exact same time each day as sometimes LO might have a 2 hour nap in the morning or wake up 30mins later in the morning, skip a nap if we are out or have a 2 hour nap in the afternoon etc so the rest of the day falls in with that... so its a definite routine but baby led on the timings.... Apart from we always have bedtime bottle at 7pm but bedtime is dictated by LO - ie if she yawns and rubs her eyes at 7.10pm then she goes to bed then or if its 7.30pm she goes to bed then..... Currently shes sleeping 7.30pm (approx) until 7.30am-8am....

We never had a routine with my son and we dont this time with my daughter.
I let them do their own thing and they have both settled into their own routines. The way i see it as they'll have plenty of time for routine once they start school etc so i choose to not have routine in the early months

Hiya :flow:

To be honest, i couldnt do without my routine...but i think its cos i have to juggle work and home life, so i personally need some kind of order!

The other week, DH was off work for the week and i nearly ripped my hair out cos he was leaving Aymen up longer than usual and my whole evening was ruined!

But if i was a fulltime SAHM then i doubt id be so bothered about a routine!

:)

Even as a working mum I still don't use a routine x

Hiya :flower: we are baby led too,although Lo has got himself into a routine with bed time as he usually falls asleep around 7.30 to 8 i back at work part time and it hasn't really made any difference x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->