Anyone else now 37 weeks... Due jan??

Congrats on your baby midg:cloud9:

lisa: even before doing the sweep my OB was pretty sure I would deliver within the next week, but you can never be sure. My guess is that she was ready and just needed that little extra help...that and the 4 hour shopping, curried thai food, floor scrubbing and cinnamon tea:blush: Labor dust to you!!!

Baby story

I went to the doc for my 39 wk(38+6) appt and requested to be induced. We settled on Wednesday at 4 pm (to b at hospital). My dr told me they would call if anything changed.
About an hour later my phone rang. It was the dr office calling. I was shocked when I answered and it was my doc on the phone not a nurse. She told me she called and got special approval to induce me that very day. I had to be at hospital by 2.
I called my dh, informed him go the change in plans and that I was headed home to get things ready.
We arrived at hospital a bit before 2. They got me settled, started a pitosin drip and at 330 my dr came in and broke my water. Good thing I was induced - baby had passed his first stool in utero. So there was meconium in my water. She came back to check on me at 5pm is. The pitosin was on a 3ml/hr so very low dose. I was starting to get uncomfortable and she sat the bed up into a chair. 45 min later we put the chair back down and I was fully dilated ready to push. I pushed for approximately 10-15 min. Greyson Joseph Giles F. Was born at exactly 6pm, he weighed 7lbs and 13 oz. he is 21 in long.
Out of my 3 pregnancies his delivery was both the easiest& hardest ever. I had no drugs-unlike with my first two. And while I go so quickly there is no real time for the epi to kick in. The little that it does kick in is quiet a bit when you go 100% with out.
Plus with my other two I had a local to take the edge off. I didn't even have that this time.
My dh was a trooper and was very supportive. It has been a long 48+ hours. Having 2 babies under 1 in the house has been a lot to adjust to. But it's getting easier each step of the way.

WOW - that is a quick labor!! I didn't realize that was even possible for it to happen to quickly. You got in at 2 and baby was out by 6?! No epi??

I just got scheduled for my induction Monday evening. I'm super excited and nervous!!! I can't imagine walking into the hospital knowing your about to be induced and have your baby soon....such a crazy feeling!!!! They said they will start with a pill (see what happens) then they insert something into your vagina (see what happens) then break you water (see what happens) and then start pitoncin if none of those things work. Does that sound normal??

Yep sounds normal and more options than I was given during my induction! They went straight to water breaking last time and when I didn't have any contractions starting in 2 hours of walking around the hospital they started Pitocin. Definitely don't want that way again.

Baby story

I went to the doc for my 39 wk(38+6) appt and requested to be induced. We settled on Wednesday at 4 pm (to b at hospital). My dr told me they would call if anything changed.
About an hour later my phone rang. It was the dr office calling. I was shocked when I answered and it was my doc on the phone not a nurse. She told me she called and got special approval to induce me that very day. I had to be at hospital by 2.
I called my dh, informed him go the change in plans and that I was headed home to get things ready.
We arrived at hospital a bit before 2. They got me settled, started a pitosin drip and at 330 my dr came in and broke my water. Good thing I was induced - baby had passed his first stool in utero. So there was meconium in my water. She came back to check on me at 5pm is. The pitosin was on a 3ml/hr so very low dose. I was starting to get uncomfortable and she sat the bed up into a chair. 45 min later we put the chair back down and I was fully dilated ready to push. I pushed for approximately 10-15 min. Greyson Joseph Giles F. Was born at exactly 6pm, he weighed 7lbs and 13 oz. he is 21 in long.
Out of my 3 pregnancies his delivery was both the easiest& hardest ever. I had no drugs-unlike with my first two. And while I go so quickly there is no real time for the epi to kick in. The little that it does kick in is quiet a bit when you go 100% with out.
Plus with my other two I had a local to take the edge off. I didn't even have that this time.
My dh was a trooper and was very supportive. It has been a long 48+ hours. Having 2 babies under 1 in the house has been a lot to adjust to. But it's getting easier each step of the way.

WOW - that is a quick labor!! I didn't realize that was even possible for it to happen to quickly. You got in at 2 and baby was out by 6?! No epi??

I just got scheduled for my induction Monday evening. I'm super excited and nervous!!! I can't imagine walking into the hospital knowing your about to be induced and have your baby soon....such a crazy feeling!!!! They said they will start with a pill (see what happens) then they insert something into your vagina (see what happens) then break you water (see what happens) and then start pitoncin if none of those things work. Does that sound normal??
With my first I was in hard labor at 11pm he was born at 108 am.
With number 2 they broke my water at 6 and dd was born at 709.
And with this one my water was broke longer but the urge to push was at 545 and he was born at 6pm exactly.
My mother was the same way. According to my dr I'm made to have babies. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"