Anyone else now 37 weeks... Due jan??

So my dr. said I was 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. She didn't say anything about whether she was engaged or not. She did say she could feel the head. I'm 37+1. Should I be taking EPO or raspberry leaf tea or something or do you think this is pretty normal for where I'm at? I know everyone is different. I'd just really like to avoid being induced if possible, I'm fine to wait until my due date or a bit past.

I wish I had some epo and raspberry leaf tea. :(

Ate Chinese last night - did have some contractions.
Ate shrimp today (ok so it isn't related to labor but it is an aphrodisiac and maybe will put me in mood for dtd)
Have had more contractions today since my 2nd sweep and a very active baby since then. Pushing and stretching and such. Still fingers crossed.

So my dr. said I was 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. She didn't say anything about whether she was engaged or not. She did say she could feel the head. I'm 37+1. Should I be taking EPO or raspberry leaf tea or something or do you think this is pretty normal for where I'm at? I know everyone is different. I'd just really like to avoid being induced if possible, I'm fine to wait until my due date or a bit past.

Is this your first baby? Every pregnancy is different and things progress differently for each and every person. My first pregnancy I was dilated to 3cm for 3 weeks but was induced at 39. My second pregnancy I was dilated at 2cm for 4 weeks and was induced at 39 weeks. This time I have been having contractions since 30 weeks, dilated to a 3 by 36 weeks, 37 +3 I was at a 4 and now at 37+6 I am at 4 1/2-5 cm. so things are probably moving along just as they should for your body. First pregnancies may not really progress till 40+ weeks.

Thanks Midg, I hope you see progress soon too and happy new year! 2014 babies for everyone!!! :)

I'm so jealous of all you ladies who know how much your progressing, all my dr or midwife do is feel my tummy to see if baby has dropped which doesn't even mean much with a second baby. I had my last appointment on Christmas Eve and don't go back again until 9th jan, feels like ages away

That's ok George, despite good signs I'm convinced this one will wait as long as possible, lol

I think I'm in denial she could come early / on time because my first was an induction at 41 weeks.

I have been having more uncomfortable braxton hicks since last night, and occasional cramping but nothing crazy...

So I've been having a fair bit of cramping, back pain, and strong BH, also lots of 'clear outs' but no actual contractions or anything, doubt everything I'm experiencing means much!

Seeing my midwife on Monday, and getting a sweep done if I'm still pregnant!
We are all getting close now ladies!

Just a quick update-
Still having plenty of contractions. Dilated between a 4-5 cm but I'm still prego!
I will be 39 wks on wed.
Of course we have a nice snow storm blowing in today followed by frigid wind chills of -40 blow Monday night so that will be my luck.

i was hoping not to go into labor for those temps too.... and I didn't. She came yesterday! That officially makes her a good girl. :)

I will be posting a birth story soon.

Congrats Tictoc :) She is precious:cloud9:

I'm still very pregnant. We drove back from my in-laws yesterday (6 1/2 hour drive) and my back was sooo sore. Was hoping it would turn into something but nope. I see my OB on Tuesday and will beg for a sweep and spend the day shopping:blush:

I just learned what a sweep was. Does it really work? I have my 40 week appointment on Tuesday, I guess I should ask for one?!?! I'm trying everything else and nothing is happening except for extremely uncomfortable and lots of BH

I've been told by my midwives that sweeps are most effective when multiple are done, so I'll be having my second tomorrow. That is if I can get to my appointment as we are having a big snow storm at the moment!

Congrats tictoc!
Rachel613-
My dr said a sweep will only be effective if baby is ready. You can have one done as much as every 48 hours depending on the doctor. They can be painful. As far as being painful I had one with my last pregnancy. During my induction. I had asked for a "natural" induction aka no pitosin. Ended up having the pitosin anyways and the sweep hurt like hell! I was only dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. This time I have had 2 in office and neither one was as painful ad the last time I had one, just uncomfortable. This time I was a 3 and a 3 1/2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. They say the more you are dilated and effaced the less it hurts and the more likely it is to work.
I am scheduled for my 39 wk appt on wed. I am going to change it to tomorrow if she has an opening (I will be 38+6).
I am miserable. Contractions constant but not effective enough for labor. Baby has engaged and pulled back many times. My poor baby girl cannot get comfy when she snuggles and then she sticks elbows or knees into my tummy which really hurts (and irritates her brother). I am going to be asked to be induced. With my first all I needed was a push from the cervidil (which they give you to prep your cervix for labor) I am going to see if that with another sweep can be attempted to achieve labor and if not then they will proceed with pitosin after about 4-6 hours with the cervidil.
So fingers crossed ladies - my next post will be in 24-48 hours maybe for a baby story!!!

midg - Thanks for the info! Good luck with your appointment tomorrow! Did you say you are going to ask your dr to induce you tomorrow? Can you do that? I want to ask my dr to do that!! I guess I should try the sweep first and see if that works.

I also really want to ask my Dr for an ultrasound. I am a paranoid nervous wreck and would feel so much better if we just checked to make sure everything is ok. Feeling movement and hearing the heartbeat is just not enough for my paranoid brain :) Once you go past 40 weeks don't they automatically do ultrasounds or non-stress tests??

I think once you're past 41 weeks they start doing non-stress tests every few days.

I had an induction the first time and really didn't like it, so I'm hoping to go into labour on my own this time.

The stupid blizzard / flash freeze warnings have forced me to move my midwife appointment. I'm frustrated as I was counting down, hoping today's sweep would do something. Now I have to wait until Wednesday! :(

Ugh that sucks, I'm sorry! You could do the old wives tales until then :)
Yah my parents were supposed to get into town yesterday but their flight was delayed until tomorrow bc of this weather. So while I am telling them yes I hope it doesn't come until tomorrow, I secretly could care less if they are here and just want this baby out!!!! :)

I feel your pain!! Lol

Where are you located? I'm in a small town outside Toronto. It's supposed to get worse later this afternoon.

Doubt any of the old wives tales will help as I think I tried it all with my first and no go! Ha

Still nothing lol

lisa: I'm from Montreal. We also got that lovely freezing rain. Still went for walks though. Did grocery shopping but had it delivered. Roads are not so bad but sidewalks are basically perfect for skating:haha:

I'm feeling lots of pressure down there; I'm just hoping baby pressing against my cervix helps with effacement and dilation. It also gives me leg and back pain. Not nice but very nice and encouraging at the same time:haha:

I also had to be induced with DD because labor wouldn't start even if my water had gone. I was given Pitocin and had horrible back labor. Really wondering how it will be for this one... My OB told me they induce at 41 weeks; I'm just worried because we have a wedding on the 18th and we really want to be there. Knowing my luck baby will decide to come that day or the day before:dohh:

Sounds like my first delivery! I was overdue at 41 weeks, they broke my water and I walked around the hospital and contractions wouldn't start on their own, so they gave me Pitocin. I got pretty sick from it (my son's heart rate kept dropping so they would take me totally off the drug and then work me back up, again and again which I think was hard on my system. I ended up vomiting every 20 minutes for 4 hours straight before I delivered). I'm really hoping to avoid Pitocin this time around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->