Anyone else on xenical?

nexis

Reaction score
Today my doctor has prescribed me xenical (orlistat) to aid in weight loss. I did take it for a short time last year and it was working really well but started to give me quite bad toothache so I stopped. Now I'm going back onto it and hoping I don't have the same issues again. I have to lose 1stone in 12 weeks to be able to stay on the tablets, which I did manage last time. I'm 25, 5'2" and about 18 stone. I think to be the weight I should be for my height, I should lose around 8 stone. I'm just going to try to lose the first stone at the moment and then go from there. :)

Hi Nexis, I just wanted to ask how your getting on 2nd time round - have you lost any weight? My friend lost weight on orlistat but put it back on ( was really stressed with family problems ). However she started taking them again but does not seem to be losing weight- it would be helpful to hear how your getting on.
Thanks. Baby dust to you.

I've found the same thing, I've lost about a pound whereas last time round I lost about 8lb by this point. I'm finding that I'm getting the same problem I had last time too-my teeth hurt. It sounds weird but apparently is a side effect, had it last time and it's starting again so can't see me staying on them as it got so bad last time I couldn't sleep :(

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon. Have you thought of how you are going to lose the weight? I also need to lose about 5 stone and thinking about trying the dukan or slimming world. Good luck and baby dust.

Tbh, I really don't know. I'm limited in the exercise that I can do by a back problem and I've tried both slimming world and weight watchers before and neither worked for me long term. I'm going to talk to the doctor about it when I see her next Monday to see what she can suggest. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->