Anyone else paranoid about going into labour prematurely?

In my mind, "fine" describing a preemie means alive. *shrug* Personal definition I suppose.

My doctor just wants me to make it to 30-32 weeks, and the fact that most preemies that early after a long hospital stay are 'fine' is all that's comforting me right now.

In my mind, "fine" describing a preemie means alive. *shrug* Personal definition I suppose.

My doctor just wants me to make it to 30-32 weeks, and the fact that most preemies that early after a long hospital stay are 'fine' is all that's comforting me right now.

Of course, after my 27 weeker I sympathise with you Hun, I don't understand why others would think it's fine to have a baby at 34 weeks than suffer with SPD that's all. Personal experience.
I hope you reach term :) I was a 29 weeker and my LO was 27+4. Try not to panic :hugs:

Gotcha. Yeah...I'd much rather make it full term. But after this baby trying to come out at 15 weeks, and then again at 26 weeks...

I'd be happy to get him coming naturally about now! Soooooo tired of being pregnant, I've been getting very bad pelvic and hip pain and just dying to have my baby on the outside! Obviously I'm far enough along now that he will be ok coming out but I get what you are saying.

No, you are wrong.

My son was born at 35 weeks. How insulting!

What is she wrong about?? She said her baby would be fine at 34 weeks...

What makes anyone think their baby would be 'fine' at 34 weeks? It's premature? :shrug:

obviously its not ideal to have bubs at 34 weeks but my son was and he is fine and a strapping young man at 14 now, the distress to mum and dad whilst giving birth is huge, fortunately my son was healthy, having said that the hospital this time round are saying csec at 36 weeks so thats only 2 weeks further on and premie are considered to be premature from 37 weeks and less xx

Hi Hun

I was a very prem baby for the time when i was born 42 years ago I came at 24 weeks and v day back then was 29 weeks though I had threatened to come 2 months earlier but actually that was my twin so mum thought she had lost her baby only to go into labour again at 22 weeks and they then gave her steriods to help my lungs and she was hospitalized, I was in hosp for the first year of my life and by the age of 5 I had caught up with my peer group mentally etc I have always been fine (except for my baby brain at the moment)
So if all those years ago I could survive arriving at v day nowadays I am sure yr baby and mine will be fine xx

Im hoping to keep my babies cooking for a while yet. Im sooo uncomfortable and been having lots of back pain but i hope to at least make it to 35/36 weeks. I know the risk of premature labour is increased with twins, i made it to my due date and 39 weeks with my other two xx

I'd be happy to get him coming naturally about now! Soooooo tired of being pregnant, I've been getting very bad pelvic and hip pain and just dying to have my baby on the outside! Obviously I'm far enough along now that he will be ok coming out but I get what you are saying.

No, you are wrong.

What makes anyone think their baby would be 'fine' at 34 weeks? It's premature? :shrug:

obviously its not ideal to have bubs at 34 weeks but my son was and he is fine and a strapping young man at 14 now, the distress to mum and dad whilst giving birth is huge, fortunately my son was healthy, having said that the hospital this time round are saying csec at 36 weeks so thats only 2 weeks further on and premie are considered to be premature from 37 weeks and less xx

Just because your son was ok at 34 weeks, doesn't mean everyone else's will be!

No, you are wrong.

As I never said everyone elses would be fine and I find yr comment to be rude and argumentive, I was just relaying what happened to me being a premie and my son.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and cowboys angel was concerned due to being on bed rest at 26 weeks onwards and having been told her baby will prob arrive at 30/32 weeks I giving comfort not going out of my way to upset, which it seems yr comment does. To be honest I would of thought having had a premie yourself you would be offering positivity and support and I had assumed that is what this forum is about, first time second third etc mums giving hope and support to other mums to be!!

No, you are wrong.

As I never said everyone elses would be fine and I find yr comment to be rude and argumentive, I was just relaying what happened to me being a premie and my son.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and cowboys angel was concerned due to being on bed rest at 26 weeks onwards and having been told her baby will prob arrive at 30/32 weeks I giving comfort not going out of my way to upset, which it seems yr comment does. To be honest I would of thought having had a premie yourself you would be offering positivity and support and I had assumed that is what this forum is about, first time second third etc mums giving hope and support to other mums to be!!

No, my problem was with someone saying they wanted to have their baby and as they are 34 weeks 'it would be ok'. That's my problem.

I am not referring to cowboys angel at all, just the previous poster that thought all would be 'ok' when it really may not be. And as a premature mum yourself i'm sure you get where i am coming from!

No, you are wrong.

No, my problem was with someone saying they wanted to have their baby and as they are 34 weeks 'it would be ok'. That's my problem.

I am not referring to cowboys angel at all, just the previous poster that thought all would be 'ok' when it really may not be. And as a premature mum yourself i'm sure you get where i am coming from!

Looks like crossed wires and yes I worry every day that this one stays safe inside, been having back and stomach ache on and off today, just hope to make 30 weeks and from there i hope to make 32 and so on, sorry we seemed to get off on the wrong foot xx

I worry about this every day! I have no reason to (my LO was born 39+6) I guess I'm just fully aware of what can happen! I know worrying won't stop anything happening but I like to celebrate the fact of every day I manage to stay pregnant!!

Hugs to all the preemie mummies, it must be really hard to hear people wishing they would have a premature baby! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->