Anyone else paranoid of something going wrong?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Jessicax5, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Jessicax5

Jessicax5 3DD+1DS <3

Is anyone else paranoid that something will go wrong the last few weeks of pregnancy? It seems like I think about this every day and it is really starting to bother me.... I just want these last few weeks to fly by so I can hold my little one in my arms... Anybody else feel like this?

2. Babyface179

Babyface179 Well-Known Member

I've been paranoid like this the whole way through pregnancy. I'm sure The further along I get the more I worry. I just want him here safe and sound x

3. Lucky777

Lucky777 Mommy of 1 little boy

I believe every pregnant woman feels that way.... Even after birth we will worry.

4. miss cakes

miss cakes Well-Known Member

oh every flipping day i worry about it wondering if somethings already gone wrong and i dont know or something will go wrong i never had these worries in my first pregnancy i was strangely oblivious then i wish i still was!

5. zippy4

zippy4 Well-Known Member

Yea I worry 24/7. This is my 1st baby after 2 miscarriages and I just want him here. Even then I will still worry because he will have surgery at 3 and 6 months :-( xx

6. larry

larry Well-Known Member

I worry all the time, and I think I worry more and more the further along we've gone x

7. mummy24601

mummy24601 Well-Known Member

I didnt worry with my first, think i was just to unaware of what was going on i just blissfully went through with things until my son was here. This time round, nearly four years on, i'm completly different. I worry all the time and think somethings is going to go wrong towards the end. I think its because im more aware of things that could happen this time as i know a number of ladies that have lost their babies late on etc in the past year or two. I didnt think of this last time at all because i didnt think it happened. I just thought people wanted a baby, got pregnant, and alone it came 9 months later ......oh how nieve of me!

8. nemo1

nemo1 Well-Known Member

YUP!!! All the way!! So paranoid that I haven't even bought anything - worried about jinxing it etc. I need someone to tell me to calm down and not to be OTT!!

9. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

me too. All the time i worry. It dont get anyless when they are hear either. Just different worrys

10. Lauki

Lauki Mummy and newly pregnant!

I'm so paranoid all the time! Everything is going so well (knock on wood) that I have a feeling that something has to go wrong sooner or later! I sincerely hope not though and wish we all have very happy endings to our pregnancies! I don't think we'll ever stop worrying about our babies though, even when they're grown up!

11. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

The worry is there but I try not to let it rule any decisions I make

12. Misstrouble19

Misstrouble19 Mummy,Daddy,Rhys

I have been thinking this just lately.. i think its cuz we have waited so long and pregnancy is surely a long road.. a road that seems like its never going to end! thought i was the only one who thought like this, glad im not the only one.. i cant even look in my babys cupboard incase something goes wrong in the meantime

13. nemo1

nemo1 Well-Known Member

With me I think my paranoia and the fact that I won't buy anything is worse coz I am a type 1 diabetic and you read horrible stories about misscarriage, or fetal anomolies or still births. I'm just grateful I've come this far as I never thought I would!!

14. cat lover

cat lover Mummy to 2 girls

Yes, I am a total worrier. I didn't expect to feel like this and I am angry with myself for it as to a certain extent it has spolied my pregnancy. I haven't really enjoyed it I have just been willing time to move on so that I can have the baby. I know I will worry once he or she is here but I feel we will have more control once we aren't relying on our bodies only. Totally natural I guess but I wish I could be more carefree!

15. Lizzeh

Lizzeh Aurora <3

I'm secretly a bit paranoid about the baby having genetic defects, that's my biggest fear. The body looked perfect on the ultrasound, and the whole pregnancy is going well, but for some reason I'm a bit afraid of a nasty surprise when the baby comes out. I've absolutely no reason to think this... weird isn't it? :wacko:

16. Lynsay

Lynsay Mummy to Jessica

I'm worried too! I worry most days but try my hardest to think positive thoughts. Time is flying by now, and I have no more scans, just regular checkups with my midwife.

I'm paranoid that she's not moving as much as she should, or that she's not growing enough as my bumps not that big, but my fundal height has been measuring perfect everytime?

I guess it's our mummy instincts kicking in, and for us who have suffered a loss in the past, it tends to take away all the innocence of what should be the most amazing thing we ever go through. I hope we all make it to the end with no problems, and get to enjoy our lovely little ones for the rest of our lives. xx

17. nicole_

nicole_ Aidy's Mummy

i keep getting all worried, ive only got like 2 weeks to go but i keep putting off washing clothes and taking tags off and buying the last few things for baby as im terrified hes never gunna get a chance to wear them which is silly i know
    but cant get the feeling out my head :(

18. Lauraaraa

Lauraaraa Love My Baby Girl

i am VERY paranoid, i think this everyday, further along i get the worse i am getting aswell.

have been bad all the way through worrying, but i thought it would get better further along i get but it isnt.

just cant wait til my lil lady is here safe and sound.

i sometimes wonder if i hadnt had the m/c if i wouldnt have been so bad, but i think i prob still would have been.

19. Babyface179

Babyface179 Well-Known Member

Cat Lover I feel exactly the way you do.

20. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

I am the same. I had a friend who lost a baby at 39 weeks and the nearer I get to the end, the more and more it plays on my mind. I also worry a lot that there will be something wrong when the baby is born that has not been picked up on the scan. Sometimes I even find myself worrying that I will die in childbirth for some reason! I have always been a worrier but I think I am worse this time round than i was with my first pregnancy.