Anyone else pregnant with an "oopsie"?

mrsrof

Mum to one :)
Reaction score
As the title suggests...this pregnancy was not planned at all!! We had planned on waiting until 2016 when our dd goes to school...not quite worked to plan!!!

I'm still not really sure how to feel, although I am excited about being pregnant again as I actually really enjoyed it first time around (but didn't have a toddler that time so I'll let you know if I feel the same in a few months!), but worrying about finances as well!!

Anyone else the same??

I'm in the same boat! My son was just about to turn six months when I got pregnant again. Due to breastfeeding birth control was limited for me. I can't swallow pills so the mini pill was out and the only other option was too invasive for me so we chose the natural family planning method. My period returned two months after birth and we used condoms at all times until I charted long enough to know my cycle. Well I waited three months and decided since I ovulated and got my period at the same time each month that we were ready to start using NFP. Two months of doing that, using condoms only during fertile times, everything was going well. Then the third month I was due to ovulate on Nov 10th. On the 3rd we figured we were safe so we did it unprotected, and...I ovulated the next day! Sure enough I got pregnant.

I'm still not sure how I feel either. We are I'm no place to be having another as our first was unplanned and we are still living with my mom. So I definitely feel you on the financial stress!!

Yea me to I was on the pill but I'm back here again my daughter is 6 months we wanted to wait allot longer then this to try for another but I guess fate had other plans it's only just started to sink in that I'm pregnant AGAIN :O also worried about money but we will survive we always do sure u can to :) xxx

Yes! We had planned to start trying next year so Eden would be headed to preschool when the baby was born, but now we will have one then instead! Lol it's okay tho, we have come to terms with it even though I still have bouts of worry.

This pregnancy was a surprise. After having my daughter my periods were all over the place and the doctor refused to give me birth control so we had to use condom. But one drunken night we didn't and now I'm pregnant. We had always said we would like 3 but we weren't planning on trying for another year or so xx

My daughter is 10 months and my cycles were clockwork. So I thought I knew enough about my body to prevent pregnancy. Guess not. We used condoms during my fertile window. I ovd on cd 17 so we dtd on cd 14 no fertile cm used a condom but not from the get go. That's all I can think we dtd the day before I ovulated but used protection from the start. Guess nature found a way. We didn't want anymore kids. I'm cautiously happy having a history of recurrent miscarriage taints my happiness. My parter on the other hand is not happy at all.

wow yeah your not the only one, but my story looks bad to a lot of people I guess who know the outline of what happened, but this baby was unplanned and im having a hard time dealing with it and don't really have anyone to talk to about it :shrug:

I think it's hard when one person isn't happy about it. My husband was over the moon. He couldn't hide his smile as I just repeatedly yelled fuck and cried haha. It's funny now but at the time he almost lost his genitalia. I feel that he wasn't quite as honest about pulling out on time as he swears he was. I am nearing the culmination of years of hard work getting my teaching credentials and masters degree and was really looking forward to getting a real teaching job in the fall. As it looks now I'll be staying home with the offspring. I think my mom is right in saying that you will have decades to enjoy your career, but your children's childhood goes by so fast.

Me as well girls! It's not that I regret getting pregnant, found out I was pregnant when DS was 5months...it's twins as well!
Took us a while to get DS so never thought it would happen this quick! Only DTD once in months!
It's going to be hard work alright! X

My husband and I had just decided for sure that we were going to be done with 2 at the beginning of this year. I found out last Friday that #3 was on its way! I felt horrible because I was in shock and came off as being upset when my husband was beaming with excitement. It was the worst weekend to find out because my inlaws were visiting and I had absolutely no time to process it and talk to the hubby because we will wait to tell anyone until the first sono to make sure everything is OK. I am excitedly reserved now, and hopefully all goes well on Jan. 8th!

I'm on my second, as I call them, "SURPRISE" pregnancy, in a row. haha... I was blessed with my first surprise, conceiving 8 months after the birth of my first baby, and now am blessed with my second surprise, having conceived 2 months after the birth of my second baby. Now, hopefully I can remember to take my pill every day after this baby's born. haha ;) Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm sure everything will work out just fine for you.

I'm sure everything will work out with our pregnancies no meter how they began. I know it will be a kick in the teeth for those ltttc but I'm a big believer in things happen for a reason.

Im in the same boat as you! OH and i were using pull out method and we took a break a couple months ago from each other. And of course when he came back it was like that honeymoon stage, and silly me forgot to chart my cycle! So im now around 8 and a half weeks pregnant with our oopsie! xx

Ours is kind of like an oopsie... lol
Honestly, I didn't think we could get pregnant without help... DD was a lucky break after a D&E from a blighted ovum and DS we used preseed... and we weren't DTD very often... in fact it only happened once in November... but now we're 7+3 today lol
But we couldn't be happier, I worry how DS will take it as he still has a lot of separation anxiety with me, but I was starting to think I wasn't going to have another child... and regardless how some of the family's been acting about it, we're happy :)

Most of the family is worried about us financially, but we always find a way to take care of ourselves... they worried about the same with DS but we managed to do very well with him so I'm confident we'll be okay with the new little one too ^_^

Mine has been a surprise too. We did want to ttc after Christmas anyway but we literally did it once in November and several days before ovulation and I'm pregnant! We are so happy but I'm also worried how ill cope being pregnant with a 15 month old and being back at work teaching. Sure ill cope and have a supportive husband which helps!

Me! Sex 7 days before ovulation. Surprise!

Im in the same boat as you! OH and i were using pull out method and we took a break a couple months ago from each other. And of course when he came back it was like that honeymoon stage, and silly me forgot to chart my cycle! So im now around 8 and a half weeks pregnant with our oopsie! xx

wow I was kind of in the same boat except I left my fiancé' and went to go stay with my sister not planning on being with anyone for a very long time and my first child's dad pops up at her house and well needles to say baby number 3 came to be but he turned out to be a total jerk, I hadn't see or spoken to him in 7 years, so I realized I needed to go home, and my fiancé' is being really generous and telling me we can crunch the numbers to say its his. cause he just wants his family back

wow I was kind of in the same boat except I left my fiancé' and went to go stay with my sister not planning on being with anyone for a very long time and my first child's dad pops up at her house and well needles to say baby number 3 came to be but he turned out to be a total jerk, I hadn't see or spoken to him in 7 years, so I realized I needed to go home, and my fiancé' is being really generous and telling me we can crunch the numbers to say its his. cause he just wants his family back[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to say, I don't know why you left your fiancé to begin with but for him to take on another mans responsibility like that just to be back with his family makes him sound like a great guy!

ETA: I messed up on quoting you somehow lol

This one was conceived while I was taking the pill. No missed pills, I religiously took it at 8am every morning and I wasn't ill or anything. Except here I am.

I still think I'm in shock but I'm gradually getting my head around it, especially as I've only been with OH for 6 months (so technically 4 months and then I fell preggo) and my little boy has only just turned two. Like someone else said, I've got another 7 months to get my head around it properly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->