Anyone else really suffering with sickness?

Thumbelina 3

1 child of 2 years 9month
Reaction score
I'm just over 8 weeks pregnant and have been lying down either on the sofa or in bed for over 3 weeks now as sickness, dizziness and just general feel rotten :( i have a 2 and a half your old daughter who I'm having to get parents to look after all the time and my husbands running around doing everything! How do others cope?i feel such a failure!had sickness with my daughter but controlled it with tablets and although had it till the end of my pregnancy it wasn't as bad as this time. Where I feel I can't function at all.

I've been there. You are so lucky to have family in town. We don't, and my husband works every day, long hours. I basically stuck my poor 4 year old in front of the television for a month. I'm 13 weeks now and i feel like i just woke up from a terrible nightmare. I've been feeling so much better since 12 weeks. I'm still on meds but i'm ready to slowly cut down on the dosage. I've been seeing an accupunturist and that seems to help too. Anyway hang in there, and in the meantime don't feel too bad about your current parenting skills. Just do what you have to do to get through the day. Hugs xx

I know how you feel and it sucks!! My first daughter I was sick the whole pregnancy but I was able to cope with it and still get stuff done. With my second daughter I was more forcefully sick (like projectile vomiting, little time to get anywhere before it happened) sorry if tmi. It was awful but you will get through it! I woke up one day and it was just gone, right around 20 weeks. And I have forgotten how hard it was because I am ready to do it all over again! Thinking of you and whatever you need to do to survive is fine, take it easy, get help when you need and don't feel guilty for asking!

I haven't been sick but I wasn't with my other 2 children either. It's the nausea I'm finding so hard. Today has been bad, I've had a headache, dizziness and nausea as soon as a go to eat my stomach turns. Absolutely nothing appeals to me 😔 I just feel so lousy

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and been nauseous since 6 weeks, this weekend has so far been the absolute WORST. I've been trying to ration my zofran (I got an Rx on Monday) because insurance doesn't allow me to have very many pills. I felt so awful yesterday I took two pills and STILL threw up 6 times. Basically unless I'm sitting still doing nothing I feel terrible. Housework is slipping, my kids aren't getting to go outside, lot of tv watching going on and I dread having to make meals and do bath times. I think I might call doc tomorrow and see if there's anything stronger I can take because this is ridiculous! I have to be a mom and I feel like I'm slacking so bad!

Urgh, yes. I haven't actually been sick but I feel sick all the time and today I have been hungry and wanting to eat but I can't stand the thought of having food in my mouth and chewing it. With my first it passed at about 16 weeks, hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer.

I think with my first I consumed a lot of homemade smoothies, they just were easier for me to digest and no chewing involved which was good for me.

I am 7 weeks today. one HB, another sac so not sure if one will develop late? But, I throw up at least 3 times a day and feel extremely nauseated all day and night. My favorites and no longer my favs, in fact, I have a hard time eating anything! I am hoping this will all pass when I get further along, this is tough :-(

Thanks for the replies I'm glad it's not just me. It's awful today. I don't want to eat or drink really and when I do I try and keep it down as long as possible which is hard :(. I feel I should be so grateful for being pregnant as we've had a few losses and this child was so wanted but at the moment dread waking up in the morning to face another day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->