Anyone else sad/disappointed at not being able to give birth again?

jessmke

Reaction score
We are absolutely 100% done having kids. My OH has had a vasectomy, I don't feel broody at all. I really, really dislike being pregnant so I am really glad to never have to go through pregnancy again. I'm not super fond of the newborn stage and am glad to not have to take care of a floppy potato newborn again. BUT I am a little sad that I will never be able to give birth again. I know in the moment it probably doesn't seem like something I enjoy, but it is such a rush and feeling of strength and power. I don't even know how to explain it. I told my husband about this and he thinks I am crazy. Anyone else feel this way???

This baby is our last. I don't feel bummed out about us making the final call the other day to not try one more time for a little girl but I do feel sad that there will never be another baby in the house for us. This pregnancy has just been hard and unenjoyable (probably because it's Summer and I've had gastro) that I don't want to do it again. It's upsetting that I will never carry or give birth again in some ways so I get where you are coming from.

I definitely have been feeling this way a little bit. We’ve got 2 lil boys now and do not plan on having a third, so although I guess ‘never say never’, it’s pretty much 99% officially that we’re done. I also don’t love the newborn phase, so it’s not like I’m baby clucky or anything, but I do have this slight sadness about the pregnancy and labour part of our lives being over.. I guess because it’s such a build up to that moment, and then it really is over in a heartbeat and you’re left trying to workout the ques of another newborn. I got sentimental even just over the hospital officially discharging me and knowing I’ll never be back there to have a baby again.

Mind you, for me, I think it’s just my hormones making me feel this things more significantly. I know I was happy to see DS1 grow up, and never wished I could go back to his newborn days. I’m sure by the time this one is 6plus months, I won’t be feeling so sad and will be looking forward to watching my boys grow up and do fun things together.

I am absolutely done, 200% no more but yer every now and again I feel sad I'll never feel pregnant or give birth again x

I feel the same. I dont want more children, but my heart aches a bit knowing that I've done it all.

Same here I am done at my gorgeous two and blessed with one of each but I still get twangs of OMG I am never going to be pregnant or give birth again that makes me sad

I know what you mean. We are done at two boys, and as I've had two sections I'm super bummed that I won't ever have a chance to have a natural birth! And it makes me sad to think I'll not be pregnant again because I enjoyed both of my pregnancies, but the doctors have told me another pregnancy could be dangerous so we are super grateful for the children we have. X

I feel exactly the same way. I don't even want any more kids, but the birth of my second was so incredibly wonderful, enjoyable and amazing that I'm sad I'll likely never reach that plane of absolute strength, enlightenment, control and power ever again. My first's birth was nice too but not in the same way, and took a lot longer/was much harder so I was a little nervous about doing it again. But I needn't have been as it was just perfect and I loved every second, despite the horrific pain that comes with it. It really opened my eyes to how wonderfully empowering a birth can be - it's such a raw, organic and primal experience and if I could bottle that feeling and take a sip from it every now and again when I'm feeling low, I think life would be good!

I just came on to post the exact same thread. I have such a longing to give birth again, to have the "is this it?!" excitement, the moment of delivering the baby and finding out whether we have a son or daughter, meeting a new little family member. Plus I love being pregnant (well most of it), it feels like such a special and exciting time. I keep finding myself looking at baby clothes and planning an imaginary nursery on Pinterest :dohh:. I do feel mostly done; I am looking forward to my youngest being a bit older and having fewer restrictions on what we can do and when, plus being past the terrible two's. But I also have a longing for a little newborn to snuggle :baby:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->