Anyone else sick of hearing about how women are 'leaving it too late'?!

Here here!!

I am also 22 and have got my job, my long term relationship with my amazing other half and we have just bought our first house together. I totally agree with what you say about the government not making it particularly easy for people. We are going to TTC July 2011 and people are saying we are mad but at the end of the day we want to and are in a position where we can so why shouldn't we?

I get exactly the same, I am 22 but people percieve me as being too young and niave but if I leave it later I am a bad person because I have chosen to wait and missed my 'fertile' 20's.

I think the lesson here is, everyone has their own ideas and you can't please everyone. :dohh:

I have seen horrible attitudes because I am a young mum (had my 4th two days before my 23rd birthday), some health care professionals were particularly rude, and the other day my doctor (she is a rude cow any way) was going on about how old women having babies are more likely to have pre-eclampsia, she was so rude about it and I just thought how upset I would be if I was seen as one of those 'old women'.

Here here!!

I am also 22 and have got my job, my long term relationship with my amazing other half and we have just bought our first house together. I totally agree with what you say about the government not making it particularly easy for people. We are going to TTC July 2011 and people are saying we are mad but at the end of the day we want to and are in a position where we can so why shouldn't we?

I get exactly the same, I am 22 but people percieve me as being too young and niave but if I leave it later I am a bad person because I have chosen to wait and missed my 'fertile' 20's.

I think the lesson here is, everyone has their own ideas and you can't please everyone. :dohh:

Here here, I would of started earlier but had to get to 3rd year of uni, so I'll be 24 when we start trying and 25 by the time I give birth and I am so happy I will do doing it then :) We own our house, my husband has a job and we have savings why not give it ago

My opinion re: funding for IVF on the NHS. I find it hard to justify funding it when a lady has naturally declining fertility at the usual expected age as I don't consider it a medical problem, it's just life. If someone is having problems concieving before that point then I do believe funding it is justified, regardless of the reasons for waiting. I totally agree with what people say about everyone should be entitled to equal treatment on the NHS regardless, but sadly there is only so much money to go around and its just not possible :( There have to be limitations on IVF and I think funding it for people who are going through the natural decline of fertility with the menopause is where the line should be drawn in my opinion. There are already a lot of restrictions with IVF on the NHS, (such as you can't have IVF if your partner already has a child, regardless of if they see them or not) and even with such harsh restrictions it still costs millions to fund it for people each year. If there were even fewer restrictions it simply wouldn't be possible.

I also think that there are alot of very deserving children out there looking for adoptive families and maybe some of the IVF money should be going into supporting adopting parents instead.

It's been really interesting to hear peoples opinions on this and is giving me something to think about.

x

Or they could just not fund it for anyone... lol. That way it's not even an issue of whether or not it's fair who they approve coverage/treatment for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->