Anyone else sick of the words....

Babyshambelle

Olivia's mum & pregnant!
Reaction score
....BABY RICE??? :dohh:

If it's not my mother, it's my mother in law, health visitors, older relatives, friends...

...she does not NEED some baby rice! OK????

Sorry...just had to get that out of my system :blush:

Curse you, baby rice!!

Elyse hated it once she got some different cereals... I threw pretty much a whole box out :dohh:

Many people kept telling me to give him baby rice. Every time I got him weighed - baby rice. Too big? Babyrice! Weight gain too slow? Babyrce! He'd sleep through if I gave him babyrice. He must be starving, I'm so mean. He is such a big boy, he needs it! Babyrice doesn't count as weaning. The answer to everything is baby rice!

Ha ha!!

My mum, the natural, hippy, baby led everything Health Visitor (!!!!) today said to me....

...maybe if you gave her some baby rice before bed she would sleep for longer? Because it's good to have a bit of stodge in them at night.

:saywhat:

I was so shocked! I mean, I hear it from everyone else, but I didn't expect it from her!

Oh god yes!!

My Mum, my sister, my friends...everyone! Oh he will sleep if you give it him!

i just wanna say SHUT UP!

My MIL bought me three packets of baby rice (one each time she saw m), a bag full of jarred food and some baby rusks before she finally understood we were BLW :rofl:

Curse baby rice!

hahaha!!! I knew that was the words you were talking about.... yep, ive got there too. Why the weird obsession with the stuff... its disgusting!!!!! :shrug:

Jasmine likes it.... still... lol

Haha! Asacia your post made me laugh so much, so true, why do people (HVs included) think baby rice is the answer to everything! A bit of ground up rice is not going to change your LO's sleeping habits, is it? Doh!

I called my HV earlier because Ruby was refusing milk. No prizes for guessing what her suggestion was.....:)

Hahaha...everyones responses to this have made me laugh so much!!! :rofl:

Glad it's not just me!!!!

I know that feeling! my inlaws,mum,grandmother and everyother man and his dog are telling me connah should have some baby rice! finally decided for myself he isnt having any as he doesnt need it yet! and even when i do decide to give him solids it might not even be baby rice lol i might choose something different...

I really do think most of my family have this hidden obbsession with baby rice:wacko:

I really do think most of my family have this hidden obbsession with baby rice:wacko:

Haha, the next person who suggests baby rice to me, I swear I'm gonna suggest that they eat it themselves if they think it's so great!

Maybe we should suggest that a group of GP's give it to all their patients who are on sleeping meds since it supposedly has such magical sleeping properties! :thumbup:

Lol! Actually my mum has terrible trouble sleeping and she once jokingly said, 'maybe I should be drinking hungry baby milk before I go to bed!'

Hahaha claire that is so funny! Mums eh?? I sometimes wonder how I survived at all....."you had a rusk every day from 6 weeks old!" and I think they were full of salt sugar and god knows what else back then too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->