Anyone else sick of the words....

I know what you mean! I was put to sleep on my front, weaned at 4 months, left to 'cry it out', and travelled in the car in an unrestrained carry cot. But I'm not gonna be like some people and say 'it did me no harm so all that must be good'!

Makes you wonder if out LOs will be looking back at our parenting when they are having their own babies and saying the same things at us?? "I was put to sleep on my BACK!! In a GRO BAG!...how did I survive??" Hahaha xx

Makes you wonder if out LOs will be looking back at our parenting when they are having their own babies and saying the same things at us?? "I was put to sleep on my BACK!! In a GRO BAG!...how did I survive??" Hahaha xx

:rofl: Aisling eats it if I put tonnes of fruit in it but it's definitely not her favourite thing. I started her on spiced sweet potato soup and people thought I was mad not doing baby rice :dohh:

At least you're getting 'baby rice', all I'm getting is 'it won't be long til Euan can have a chocolate biscuit/ice cream/sweetie'!!!!!! And apparently they are all trying to be funny!

Or the other one 'is he still only on milk'. Yes, he's still on milk, but as he isn't quite 5 months yet and is just over 18lbs in weight and 65cm long it's not as if he is fading away to nothing!?!!?!?

Sorry I just had to get that out of my system :)

OMG i hear Ya, my mum is dying to feed LO babyice, ha ha ha, reckons the poor LO is starving!!!! :wacko:

:dohh::dohh: My mom said that today to that I should be starting to give her baby rice if she seems hungry before bed time!! WHYYY I asked.. eww.. that stuff is nasty.. I mean I will start her on it.. when I feel she needs to be.. when do you plan on starting to give your baby other things.. if you dont mind me asking.. I was going to post about babyrice actually and I saw this thread and thought you girls would slaughter me if I mentioned it.. so Im doing it in here and not having a thread Called BABYRICE!.. lol

I couldn't get Harley to eat it. She tasted it a few times, and hated it

:dohh::dohh: My mom said that today to that I should be starting to give her baby rice if she seems hungry before bed time!! WHYYY I asked.. eww.. that stuff is nasty.. I mean I will start her on it.. when I feel she needs to be.. when do you plan on starting to give your baby other things.. if you dont mind me asking.. I was going to post about babyrice actually and I saw this thread and thought you girls would slaughter me if I mentioned it.. so Im doing it in here and not having a thread Called BABYRICE!.. lol

Don't worry, I don't think anyone thinks babyrice is evil or anything, it's just not the cureall to every problem! :lol: Aisling still has some every now and then. I started her on solids at nearly 5 1/2 months on GP advice because of her slow weight gain but I started with veg and did babyrice a few days later. She only takes it with loads of fruit stirred in!

OMG how funny is this thread....i'm completely with u!! The world is babyrice mad!

Aw, Jennie I didn't mean to make anyone feel like I was attacking them. I'm just getting sick of everyonr telling me that I 'should' be giving it to her and implying i'm a bad mum for waiting til shes 6 months to wean. Theres nothing wrong with baby rice, and it seems to be a very good and popular first food for many reasons....but I'm just tired of hearing people how know stuff all about MY baby telling me I should be giving it to her. xxxxxx

I haven't seen an HV since Sofia was 7 weeks old, when I left the UK. My paeditrician has never mentioned baby rice!
I actually threw away a baby book because it suggested starting your baby on babyrice at 17 weeks :dohh: Don't think they should be allowed to publish that anymore.

I'm ashamed! :dohh: i caved under the baby rice peer pressure lol i was going to wait until harry was 6 months but everyone looked at me as if i was a cruel mum, so i managed to find one baby rice out of hundreds that doesn't look and taste like wallpaper paste lol. :haha:

I'm ashamed! :dohh: i caved under the baby rice peer pressure lol i was going to wait until harry was 6 months but everyone looked at me as if i was a cruel mum, so i managed to find one baby rice out of hundreds that doesn't look and taste like wallpaper paste lol. :haha:

you can also use baby porridge i think, i bought some to wean whivch is wheat, gluten etc free. i got it from boots

Aww now come on. Is this worse than having my grandmother say i should give Abby a pea when we were having a roast dinner last weekend??

Abby is 4 months corrected age....:dohh:

A pea? Oh dear, not the safest thing to give a baby! My mum gave Ruby a rich tea biscuit actually...I think it was just a moment of madness as she keeps going on about how naughty it was of her.

Toby loves peas!

Only thing he won't ever eat is raw jelly cubes. Supposedly, they can't be brought up if the get stuck, scary!

Can he pick them up then? I thought they were a choking hazard...obv I'm wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->