Anyone else sometimes feel like they've made the whole thing up?

eandc123

Reaction score
Hi,

The past few days I've been overcome by the strangest feeling that when I go for my scan in a week and a bit that it'll show nothing and I've actually made this all up in my head. I've told a few people including my OH and they think i'm mad so I was wondering if anyone else felt this way.

My reasoning is;
  • I'm 11 +3. I had my booking in appointment at 8 weeks.
  • I won't have my scan until I'm almost 13 weeks.
  • Nothing seem to have happened for ages.
I know I'm lucky that i've not had anything indicating anything is wrong (touch wood) but it's the strangest feeling that I just can't shake!

i was the same. my husband refused to look at my sticks as they had my wee wee on them so i couldnt decide if i had imagined it for ages :lol: i had done dozens too. it was my scan at 7 weeks that convinced me a bit but even then i think - what if it wasnt a baby, what if i had an abnormal organ in my body or something :)

I think it's normal, because you go for so long without knowing what's going on in there.
I'm terrified of going to my 12week and them telling me my baby just stopped growing :( It's mostly just paranoia and worry. I think it's slightly healthy (to an extent) to worry, it means you love your baby and don't want anything bad to happen. I think it's also a way for you to try to embrace yourself in case it's bad news. It's a bunch of emotions we all have. Hang in there! Your scan is in a bit over a week. I have 2.5 weeks til my next scan.

I agree. As I don't really have any MS, most of the time I feel like its in my head. Did another test the other week just to reassure myself that I was actually pregnant. I have had some cramping at times, along with sore bb and some tiredness but sometimes it is easy to think I am just dreaming this.

I haven't seen anyone since my gp appt in early Jan and I don't see the Ob till 9th Feb at 10 weeks.

I think it's normal, because you go for so long without knowing what's going on in there.
I'm terrified of going to my 12week and them telling me my baby just stopped growing :( It's mostly just paranoia and worry. I think it's slightly healthy (to an extent) to worry, it means you love your baby and don't want anything bad to happen. I think it's also a way for you to try to embrace yourself in case it's bad news. It's a bunch of emotions we all have. Hang in there! Your scan is in a bit over a week. I have 2.5 weeks til my next scan.

thats why i got my doppler. the scariest thing is that it might stop growing or heart stop beating so i want to keep an eye on it till my scan x

ive had this feeling. i go in for my first checkup and hopefully a scan on the 31st. im nervous that they wont find anything so all the fuss and worry was for not. but im hoping that all my symptoms which are minimal at best (sore bbs, no period, moodieness, constipation, tiredness, and some queazyness) are indicators of pregnancy. im keeping my fingers and toes crossed until after my appoinment then i will go out and celebrate.

I am feeling exactly the same i keep pushin my boobs see if they hurt hehe hopefully there will be somethin there lmao its horrible feelin aint it :( xxxx

thats why i got my doppler. the scariest thing is that it might stop growing or heart stop beating so i want to keep an eye on it till my scan x

I want to get one so bad, but my husband thinks I'm only going to become further paranoid LOL I'm not thin, so I'm going to assume that trying to hear my baby through my layers of fat is going to be almost impossible and I'm just going to FREAK!

LOL, I'm glad others feel this way. I think it's also having no control over what is happening with your own body. You just have to go with it. I've had queasyness and my boobs were agony up until a week or two ago and seem to be trying to take over the world (they're HUGE!).

Even though I have a lot of symptoms I still feel like I made it up! There doesn't seem to beanything in my belly! I have to keep looking at the ultrasound picture that has my name on it.

I have felt that way the whole time, and I have all sorts of symptoms. I had an emergency ultrasound (everything is ok) in my sixth week and I was soooo nervous that the tech was going to tell me there wasn't anything in there!

The book What to Expect says this is normal. Thank goodness, because it makes me feel crazy. :)

i have the same fear because lack of symptoms i am paranoid that they will find nothing in my ultrasound i still have 2.5 weeks

Yes, even with the morning sickness for the past 2 months, the ultrasound, and hearing the hb on the doppler every night... until I feel the kicking, it feels unreal!!! It was the same with with my first!:dohh:

Oh my goodness I feel the same way, I feel like I am completely stressing over money and moving and preparing for a baby that isnt even there!! I keep asking OH, do you really think we are going to have a baby?? haha but I havent had a scan yet or a Doctors appt for that matter. I have one scheduled for the 8th but ill pretty much be 10 weeks by then!

I agree. As I don't really have any MS, most of the time I feel like its in my head. Did another test the other week just to reassure myself that I was actually pregnant. I have had some cramping at times, along with sore bb and some tiredness but sometimes it is easy to think I am just dreaming this.

I haven't seen anyone since my gp appt in early Jan and I don't see the Ob till 9th Feb at 10 weeks.

This is exactly how I feel - my only symptoms have been a really achy lower back until a couple of days ago, lots of tiredness, very occasional nausea, and occasional sore BBs. But I keep convincing myself i've imagined it!!
We're telling my MIL and SIL on Saturday and I keep wondering why because there might not even be a baby there!

My first MW appointment is on the 10th February so I don't think it'll seem remotely real until then...

I feel the exact same way - it is so hard to believe that there is a little baby growing inside me and I don't feel a thing! I haven't had any MS (should be grateful for that I suppose), only symptom is sore and growing BBs. Can't wait to have first scan then to tell everyone and start making preparations. I'm desperate to start buying things for the baby but know it's far too soon. I'm thinking though that I might buy one thing, a special teddy bear or something, even if anything did go wrong I'd be able to keep something that belonged to my little bean.

yep i was thinking this yesterday!!
me and my friend were planning what i'd do when i had the baby and suddenly i thought "wait... what baby? there's no BABY?!" it's just when it suddenly stikes u and u think it can't possibly be true!! really want to do a pregnancy test now lol

I completely get this! And it's really weird.

I went to the GP last week thinking he'd do something to confirm my pregnancy, but he said the home test I used is as accurate as the pee-sticks they use at the docs so he didn't need to do anything. I therefore had to come home and re-test myself with a second blooming £5-a-time test just to make sure I wasn't seeing things! It's costing me a fortune this paranoid pregnancy lark! Got my first appointment with the midwife next week and I've convinced myself she'll say, "sorry! It's all in your head!"

:wacko:

I feel the same too, but ive had bad MS and aches and pains. What i cant get my head around is that the drs and midwives just take your word that your pregnant. No tests or anything done until your scan! It feels very lonely!

I'm definitely feeling like this!

I still haven't got to make an appointment to see my doctor. They had me bring in a urine sample so they could test it, and it came back "faint positive." I have to bring in another sample next week, so they can test it again. I was pretty aggrivated, only cause the first nurse I talked to was definitely rude about the process they make me go through.

And I've had almost no symptoms. The only thing I've felt is the exhaustion. No morning sickness, sore boobs, nothing.

Hopefully after next week I'll be able to make my first appointment date and it will be able to curb my worries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->