Anyone else sometimes feel like they've made the whole thing up?

I'm feeling like this more and more - despite having had an early scan showing the blob and its heartbeat! Nausea started this week, which is partly reassuring, but now I'm settling into being pregnant I'm disbelieving it more and more....can't wait til the scan in 4 weeks :)

I was exactly the same - very few symptoms to speak of.

Finally had my scan this Tuesday and there he/she was doing a little head stand and generally being uncooperative for the sonographer!

Feel really unreal but there is definitely a 12 week old bean in there!

Try to relax and enjoy feeling healthy!

I can't believe so many people feel like this - I felt exactly the same!! ...I'm 12 weeks and 3 days and I've had two scans, my first one I was convinced they weren't going to find anything and I were going to laugh at me and the second, even though I'd had morning sickness and a scan I still panicked when I went in the room because thought she couldnt find anything (although I was think that was more worrying something might be wrong with him/her!!) ...I thought it was just me being overparanoid, but its such a relief to know i'm not the only one! ...Now throughout the rest of my pregnancy I know I'm probably not the only one feeling whatever I'm feeling if that makes sense! :) x

this feeling has gotten worse for me, now because my doc said they probably wont give me a scan until 20 freaking weeks! i couldnt imagine waiting 20 weeks to really find out im PG. im 7weeks5days righ tnow, and im just so flabbergasted and worried that all this is in my mind. what else could cause a missed AF, slight constipation, moodiness, cravings, tiredness, crampings (without spotting), and some queazyness? im nervous.

this feeling has gotten worse for me, now because my doc said they probably wont give me a scan until 20 freaking weeks! i couldnt imagine waiting 20 weeks to really find out im PG. im 7weeks5days righ tnow, and im just so flabbergasted and worried that all this is in my mind. what else could cause a missed AF, slight constipation, moodiness, cravings, tiredness, crampings (without spotting), and some queazyness? im nervous.

sounds like pregnancy to me!
Why no scan til 20weeks??! That's too late for tests, and surely they'd want to at least date your pregnancy? Could you get a private one instead? Not sure how the health system works in the US...

sounds like pregnancy to me!
Why no scan til 20weeks??! That's too late for tests, and surely they'd want to at least date your pregnancy? Could you get a private one instead? Not sure how the health system works in the US...

I dont know why they wont give me a scan until 20 weeks. It makes no sence to me. everyone ive talked to or read about has had a scan at 8, 12, and 20 weeks. the nurse said to ask the doc and if they dont my OH said that we will not be making another appointment and finding a place that will give me a scan. Im not sure about private scans. this is my first time through all this, and so far its been very upsetting. hopefully the lady doesnt know what shes talking about.

aw hon, sorry to hear it's been upsetting :(
here in the UK it's standard to get two scans - one at 12-14 weeks (for tests and dating) and one at 20weeks (fetal anomoly and growth scan). I'd def go somewhere else if that's their attitude - you pay for it over there don't you?

I've found that med profs attitudes in early pregnancy can be a bit upsetting (and I am one!) in that they wait until it's 'viable' before getting too involved (after 12wks in other words). These forums are great for support in what can be a very worrying time, especially if not many people know yet.
Hugs xx

I'm so glad I found this thread...although I have not got a BFP I am 18 days with no AF....all symptoms except sore bb's (they were sensitive last week though. My symptoms come and go....nausea last week and constipation. Irritable and cry baby! Cramping with no bleeding and I feel like there is not enough fruit juice in the world! Sometimes I feel a little flutter in my belly (which I keep trying to convince myself its gas) and yesterday and today my belly has been warm! I feel like I'm losing my mind...everyone around me says I am PG except for me! I'm gaurding myself! Going for an ultrasound on friday!!! I hope they can find something or at least tell me why I'm 18 days late!

Hello I feel like I've made this whole thing up. For the past 2 weeks I have been coughing non stop. The cough is making me feel nauseated and now I throw up every day. I'm nt sure whether it is preg related.

My 1st midwife apt is not until end of feb. By that time I might be 9/10 weeks.

The only thing that confirms my pregnancy is:-
-3 BFPs
-no period

Hello I feel like I've made this whole thing up. For the past 2 weeks I have been coughing non stop. The cough is making me feel nauseated and now I throw up every day. I'm nt sure whether it is preg related.

My 1st midwife apt is not until end of feb. By that time I might be 9/10 weeks.

The only thing that confirms my pregnancy is:-
-3 BFPs
-no period

I'm nearly 12 weeks gone and then only thing i've had confirming i'm pregnant is the 3 BFP i did on home testing kits. Everything else is just my word. I'm not crazy but I'm worried I might have a bit do-lally and made it up :wacko:

I keep looking at DH and saying OMG are we really having a baby cause it doesn't really feel real. On talking to my mum she says that even with the scans it probably won't feel very real until I actually feel the baby move which seems like ages away.

Even this morning it was a bit of a surprise to suddenly feel lightheaded cause I had not yet eaten breakfast (didn't feel at all hungry) - it was kinda like - :dohh: oh hang on a sec you are probably feeling a bit lightheaded cause you are pregnant and probably need to eat something. Very weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->