anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

I also took it before bed! I only have done two cycles with clomid now. One in the morning, one at night. The one I took at night I had no side effects so this time I am also doing it before bed. Hope this helps!!

Sara and Brownie, thanks so much for the positive reinforcment!! That really helped. I for some crazy reason thought I would have had that bfp by now. :( Hopefully It happens soon. Brownie, saying it worked after four cycles really made me smile to see!! I dont understand why it hasnt worked for me yet but I am getting a head of myself to. I think after this cycle I go back to my obgyn, I am out of refills for clomid so I guess so. I really thought this month I had a good chance, but maybe next!!

Hi, y'all! Took my first dose of Clomid this morning at 10:45 am. My hubby and I decided it might be better for me to try it in the day on the first cycle. I'm taking it days 3-7.

I have a question about something. My doc has me taking estrogen on days 8-12 and then from days 17 through period or ten wks I have to take vaginal progesterone. I was expecting the progesterone to be a gel or something similar, but it is literally the same kind of pill as the kind you take orally. Does anyone have experience with this? It just seems really odd that it is the same as oral progesterone...

MummyDonz and Starbunny, it looks like we will all be cycle buddies this cycle - I'm on CD 4 today and taking Clomid CD 2-6 :)

Starbunny, I don't have any experience with vaginal progesterone, but is it like the pessaries you can use for thrush treatment (like a tablet that you insert in to your vagina)? I always thought they were weird too, but they do work!

Starbunny, I don't have any experience with vaginal progesterone, but is it like the pessaries you can use for thrush treatment (like a tablet that you insert in to your vagina)? I always thought they were weird too, but they do work!

Hey, Lemonade! I guess they're similar maybe? Yes, though, it is literally a pill capsule that goes into the vagina. So weird, lol...

Hey girls, after my BFN I took a break until I went for my second scan last Friday.

Unfortunately the scan showed a few 11mm follicles but basically it hasn't worked this cycle. I was prepared for the lining to be thin again but it was so dissapointing. OH hopes I'll just ov late but I can't let myself hope. Soooo, I have to wait until day 35, then 12 days of Provera then onto 100mg. Here's hoping if I ovulated on 50mg I get a great response om 100mg!

Sarah lovely to hear you're doing well and Brownie how fab, so nice to hear good news.

Mummydonz good luck this cycle!

I took it at night but my only symptoms the first cycel when it worked was being teary and I had a mild headache for a week.

MummyDonz and Starbunny, it looks like we will all be cycle buddies this cycle - I'm on CD 4 today and taking Clomid CD 2-6 :)

Yay it's nice to have cycle buddies :)
I was a little disappointed after first cycle didnt work. Think I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones where it works first time. Oh well, fingers crossed for this cycle.

What did you ladies take to help increase your lining? My AF seems to be easing off already and it's only the 4th day. My lining was a 6 on cd12. What can I take and when? Thanks

Cant help ya Mummy, my doc hasnt talked to me at all about lining yet. Sorry.

Mummydonz, my doc has me taking estrogen right after finishing my first round on CD7. I'll take estrogen from days 8-12 to help with CM and uterine lining (mine has been thin).

I'm on CD4 and took my second clomid pill this morning. I've had some hot flashes and sleepiness, but otherwise not having much in the way of side effects. I hope it's still working despite that! :)

And Steph too! Yay for lots of cycle buddies :)

I'm so sorry your second cycle didn't make you ovulate, Lovecakes, that's so frustrating when you ovulated last cycle :( You might ovulate late...last cycle (100mg) my biggest follies were 12mm and didn't grow at all for a week. The nurse told me to take Provera but I ended up ovulating on CD29, so it does happen.

MummyDonz, I heard that raspberry leaf tea is a natural alternative to taking estrogen for your lining. I don't have any experience though, sorry.

I'm CD 5 today and just tonight and tomorrow left of taking Clomid. Thank goodness! I hate this stuff, it is giving me terrible insomnia again and I'm normally a great sleeper. No hot flashes yet though!

And Steph too! Yay for lots of cycle buddies :)

I'm so sorry your second cycle didn't make you ovulate, Lovecakes, that's so frustrating when you ovulated last cycle :( You might ovulate late...last cycle (100mg) my biggest follies were 12mm and didn't grow at all for a week. The nurse told me to take Provera but I ended up ovulating on CD29, so it does happen.

MummyDonz, I heard that raspberry leaf tea is a natural alternative to taking estrogen for your lining. I don't have any experience though, sorry.

I'm CD 5 today and just tonight and tomorrow left of taking Clomid. Thank goodness! I hate this stuff, it is giving me terrible insomnia again and I'm normally a great sleeper. No hot flashes yet though!

Yay cycle buddies! So crazy how close we all are to each other on this one! Good luck Lovecakes!! Hopefully this one will be THE ONE. :)

Ooo, yes RLL tea is SO tasty and I hear it's a good uterine toner, but it may not be as effective as prescribed estrogen. I'm sure your doctor could tell you more.

Good to hear that you've not had any hot flashes yet, Lemonade! I'm getting a bit nervous, because so far, I've not really had any major side effects. Just the hot flashes and being sleepy, but otherwise, nothing too big. I hope it's working, LOL. I'm thankful to not be having bad side effects, though.

Try not to worry, I don't think the amount of side effects correlates to how well Clomid is working, I think it's more to do with the dose. I had very little/no symptoms on 50mg and tons on 100mg but responded less well at first than on 50mg!!

Thanks girls. Think I'll try raspberry leaf tea. I've just pill 3. I'm full of cold at the moment. On my first cycle I started getting ovary pain 4 days after my last pill. I'm hoping it won't be as painful this time. My AF is a breeze compared to ovulation!

Thanks girls. Think I'll try raspberry leaf tea. I've just pill 3. I'm full of cold at the moment. On my first cycle I started getting ovary pain 4 days after my last pill. I'm hoping it won't be as painful this time. My AF is a breeze compared to ovulation!

I think you'll like the red raspberry leaf tea. It is SO yummy and comforting. I've held off on drinking any this cycle since my doc will have me on estrogen from cd8-c12. Good luck!!

Im gonna look into the raspberry leaf! What can it hurt right?? So my period was super confusing this month because it keeps stopping when im sleeping, and im straight nightshifts this week (four in a row) so it stops for like 12 hours and only is present for maybe four? I think its over though. Would make it a two and a half day af. Is that normal?? Never had one this short before.

Clomid has weird effects on me. This month im on cd 5 right now, I've had a headache since I started the clomid. Driving me insane!! I have a prescription for toradol from the pain for pcos and it worked really well today to take the headache away! :) So happy!

How was everyones day??

Im gonna look into the raspberry leaf! What can it hurt right?? So my period was super confusing this month because it keeps stopping when im sleeping, and im straight nightshifts this week (four in a row) so it stops for like 12 hours and only is present for maybe four? I think its over though. Would make it a two and a half day af. Is that normal?? Never had one this short before.

Clomid has weird effects on me. This month im on cd 5 right now, I've had a headache since I started the clomid. Driving me insane!! I have a prescription for toradol from the pain for pcos and it worked really well today to take the headache away! :) So happy!

How was everyones day??

Hi Steph,

I'm also cd5 today. My AF only seemed to last 4 days an only 2 were heavy days. Nothing so far today. So I guess clomid has shortened my period. I ovulated on cd12 last cycle and the pain was horrible but I was happy the clomid was working! Ovaries are starting to ache just a little today. I wonder if you drink the tea throughout the whole cycle or just up until ovulation.

Hmm good question? My first cycle on clomid was painful during ovualtion. Def knew it was happening. Then the second cycle wasnt quite as bad. So I guess time will tell on what this cycle will bring. I dont recall getting achy at all until the day I ovulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->