Anyone else starting Femara or Clomid today (10/8)?

Kat S

Still trying for #1
Reaction score
Starting today, I'm trying Femara for this round. Though the nurses tell me there is no "better chance" at avoiding cysts with Femara over Clomid, at least I'll avoid the hot flashes I got on Clomid.

I go in on Oct 17th to see if my follicles are ready, and if they are, they'll give me a trigger shot in the office and I'll go back the next day for my IUI. I'm so excited! I hope there will be no more delays!

Hi Kat!

I'm starting Femara today too. I'm taking it cd's 2-6 and am also going for my scan on the 17th. We're doing timed intercourse again this month, but might try IUI next month if no luck.

Good luck!

Hi, Fiona!

Thanks for responding! I was hoping there was someone else on here with whom I could go through this. You've done Femara before I see. Any side effects for you?

Hoping for the best for you and your DH!! Tons of :dust: your way!!!

Hey Ladies, I also started on Femara yesterday. This is my first go with it. Little nervous about side effects as doc started me on 7.5mg.

Welcome, Sassypants!

7.5? Nice! I'm only on 2.5. I hope I react to it!

If you notice any side effects, make sure you come back and post about them...and GOOD LUCK!! :thumbup:

Hi again!,

I did have some side effects today - I felt pretty dizzy and sick. :cry: I also had that after my first dose on my first cycle. I felt fine the next day the last time so fingers crossed I'm fine tomorrow.

Anyone else having side effects or is it just me? :growlmad:

I'm on 5 mg a day. Funny that we are all on different doses! What cycle days are you both taking your Femara?

Hi again!,

I did have some side effects today - I felt pretty dizzy and sick. :cry: I also had that after my first dose on my first cycle. I felt fine the next day the last time so fingers crossed I'm fine tomorrow.

Anyone else having side effects or is it just me? :growlmad:

I'm on 5 mg a day. Funny that we are all on different doses! What cycle days are you both taking your Femara?

I have felt a little dizzy today, but I'm not sure if it's the Femara or my migrane meds! Maybe its the combination of the two? Anyway, that's all I've noticed.

I'm taking Femara cycle days 3-7 (Mon-Fri).

I am taking cd3-7. I am also on Metformin. I don't think I am having any SE from the Femara yet, but did warn DH that we could be in for a hormonal roller coaster ride! The only SE I seem to be having right now is from the Metformin. I bumped up to 3xday, but I have been doing low carb too, and I believe my blood sugar was waaaay low yesterday afternoon. I was dizzier than a mofo. Took my second dose of Femara last nite, all 3 teeeny tiny little pills, and everything still seems fine today. FX that although it may take a few months, this works. Good Luck ladies!

Hi ladies! Just started femara today. I'm on cd5-9 at 5mg. I saw my FS today for a follow up scan to monitor my endometriomas and he mentioned that I could do a clomid cycle with monitoring this month. I previously did clomid for the challenge test but no monitoring to check follicle development. But...I've read that clomid can cause endo to flare so I asked him for femara instead and he agreed :) I think in the future I would prefer to start on cd3, but too late this month!

Do you ladies all have PCOS or do you ovulate on your own and just trying to get multiple eggs? AFM, I ovulate like clockwork, but the FS is hoping that if I can release a couple of eggs it gives the spermies a bigger target.

Happy to share this month with you ladies and :dust: to us all!!

GreenOrchid, Welcome!

You're a few days off from us, so can watch us go through it before you do.

I'm 40 and trying to conceive, so I need all the help I can get...hence the Femara. Otherwise, I have no issues. My "parts" are just at the end of their lifespan and are tired ;)

Thanks Kat :) Fx'd that you get a couple of nice fat follies :)

Well day 2 of femara and so far no side effects for me. Clomid gave me horrible hot flashes and ovary pain so hoping to avoid that this time :)

For those of you on a dose of 5mg or more, do you take all the pills at the same time or take individually morning and night? My FS didn't specify so just curious if anyone else got direction from their doctor.

Okay, forget what I said about no side effects...developing a vicious headache. BUT totally worth it if it gives the spermies a better chance :)

Thanks Kat :) Fx'd that you get a couple of nice fat follies :)

Well day 2 of femara and so far no side effects for me. Clomid gave me horrible hot flashes and ovary pain so hoping to avoid that this time :)

For those of you on a dose of 5mg or more, do you take all the pills at the same time or take individually morning and night? My FS didn't specify so just curious if anyone else got direction from their doctor.

My FS told me to take both pills at night. I have heard of women taking them both morning and night though. Sorry that's not really much help!

AFM no pcos, but I'm apparently not ovulating properly :cry: I'm 42 and my FS said that as you get older your body just hangs on to the eggs. I had always heard the complete opposite, but what do I know! :shrug:

I had some possible hot flashes and definitely have been headachey. Today is my last day on Femara.

Anyway, I know that just relying on the one IUI a month to get pregnant at my age doesn't leave me great chances, and since the traditional method is closed to us, I have to try *something* during ovulation week to increase my chances.
I ordered some Soft Cups from Amazon.com and I asked my DH if he'd fill one up so I can try my own artificial insemination on Tuesday (follie check is Wed and if all goes well, IUI scheduled for Thursday). I admit I can't picture trying to stick one of those things in without spilling everything everywhere. This is one of those moments that a video or diagram would be handy! :haha:

Hello ladies, I was prescribed Clomid by my doctor who said we could give it a shot although i am already ovulating.

I started 50mg day 2-6. I tool at night i heard it lessen side effect. I am going in for a scan on CD12 19th Oct to check on progress. I am nervous this is my first time on clomid.

Good luck everyone, hope we get our long deserve bfp soon!

How was your scan, Kat?

Hello ladies, I was prescribed Clomid by my doctor who said we could give it a shot although i am already ovulating.

I started 50mg day 2-6. I tool at night i heard it lessen side effect. I am going in for a scan on CD12 19th Oct to check on progress. I am nervous this is my first time on clomid.

Good luck everyone, hope we get our long deserve bfp soon!

How was your scan, Kat?

Ooooh, good luck! :thumbup:

My scan is scheduled for wednesday, but tomorrow we're going to try our own "at home" artificial insemination using Soft Cups.

Ooh Kat I'm hoping the softcups do the trick for you. Your scan is in two days, right?

I just a scan on cd10 since I'm already at the hospital today for an HSG (in the waiting room right now...yuck not looking forward to this). Anyways I had three nice follicles, and one is clearly bigger than the other two so that one will likely be the lucky winner this month!

Btw, I'm on femara to help with my luteal phase, as I ovulate fine on my own.

Good luck Shiseru - I took clomid last month and taking it at night definitely seemed to help.

Thanks Fiona for the advice. I ended up taking one pill in the am and one in the pm, thinking it would keep the levels more constant in my body. I hope your ovulation gets nice and strong and your ovaries aren't so stingy with those eggs!

I hope you catch the eggY!

Anyone taking BBT? I am on CD9 and my temp raise this morning, this is my post-O temp! Definitely not O so soon right? Not sure if clomid affects the temp though. (i took clomid day 2-6)

Anyway, havn't start bd yet boo... but guess i will start tonight and use a little preseed.

Good luck ladies and come in often to update your progress!

Ooh Kat I'm hoping the softcups do the trick for you. Your scan is in two days, right?

I just a scan on cd10 since I'm already at the hospital today for an HSG (in the waiting room right now...yuck not looking forward to this). Anyways I had three nice follicles, and one is clearly bigger than the other two so that one will likely be the lucky winner this month!

Btw, I'm on femara to help with my luteal phase, as I ovulate fine on my own.

Good luck Shiseru - I took clomid last month and taking it at night definitely seemed to help.

Thanks Fiona for the advice. I ended up taking one pill in the am and one in the pm, thinking it would keep the levels more constant in my body. I hope your ovulation gets nice and strong and your ovaries aren't so stingy with those eggs!

How is everyone doing? An exciting week for us all!!

My follicle check is in just over an hour and I'm so nervous! I'm scared they're already too big or that *something* will be wrong. I need to relax!

In other news, I tried the Soft Cup method last night, and while I had no trouble with the insertion, I couldn't get it back out without DH's help. Glad he was still home or I would have had to ask the FS to fish it out at my appt, and I fear they would yell at me for trying an at-home, non FDA approved method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->