Anyone else starting Femara or Clomid today (10/8)?

How is everyone doing? An exciting week for us all!!

My follicle check is in just over an hour and I'm so nervous! I'm scared they're already too big or that *something* will be wrong. I need to relax!

In other news, I tried the Soft Cup method last night, and while I had no trouble with the insertion, I couldn't get it back out without DH's help. Glad he was still home or I would have had to ask the FS to fish it out at my appt, and I fear they would yell at me for trying an at-home, non FDA approved method.

Good luck with your scan. Hope you have lots of follicles. My scan is still 5 hours away. Starting to get nervous as I've had some pain on my left side. Hope it's not a cyst.

Lol at your soft cup problem. I've been tempted to try them, but haven't as I can imagine that would happen to me too.

Let us know how your scan goes.

:nope:

:cry:

Well, she saw one under developed follicle of 10mm in one ovary, and said about it, "Well, that one probably won't go anywhere." and moved on to check the other ovary. There was a 16mm "something" there, but she thinks it's the cyst from September still sitting there.

Just in case the 10mm follicle grows, I'm going back for another check on Saturday, but I have almost no hope. She tried to back pedal and say it could certainly grow, but that wasn't her sentiment when she first saw it. Anyway, I am pretty sure I will ovulate Friday, so what's the point of going in on Saturday? I cried so hard all the way home that I gave myself a headache.

OK, wait, now I feel silly for freaking out. I won't ovulate if the follicles aren't big enough to release an egg. :dohh: There IS still hope on Saturday! And I googled around and found another girl on another fertility board who went in for her u/s on cycle day 12 (just like me) and had only one 10mm follicle (just like me). When she went back on cycle day 15 (just like I will), she had 2 NEW 17mm follicles ready to go! I feel so much better!

Hi Kat :) I'm glad you found some other postings indicating that your follicles will still grow! Don't listen to what that nurse said - your body is not a statistic! Just nourish your little follie(s) over the next couple of days with healthy food, enough rest, and some laughs, and fx'd for you for Sat :)

Oh yeah, freakouts are normal during this frustrating TTC process. Lord knows I've had my share :haha:

Fiona, how did your scan go?

AFM, I suspect I will ovulate today or tomorrow, and DH I have haven't BDd in the last few days because he's been really sick :( Even though there's only a miniscule chance of us getting preggo on our own right now due to my wonky tube, I still hold out hope that we can BD tonight and magically get preggo.

How is everyone else?

Hi!

Think positive Kat. My FS asks that I go in between day 12 and day 16 for an ultrasound after Femara so Saturday should be perfect. I also heard that drinking water helps follies grow so you might want to drink lots if you're not doing that already.

Hope your Hubby is feeling better GreenOrchid. I'm sure as long as you get in a BD in the next day or two you should be in with a good chance. Don't be too discouraged about a wonky tube either. When I got pregnant with my son 2.5 years ago I had one tube blocked by a fibroid and my Hubby had only 10% motility. Not good odds, but it still happened!

AFM - I have one good follicle. Had to see a different FS as mine was on holiday so have to go back again in 10 days to see what the next step will be if no luck this month.

Hello everyone, hope you enjoy the weekends!

Kat, grow eggy grow! You will ovulate when the egg grow to a certain size, so don't lost hope!

greenorchid,sorry to hear that but i hope your DH gets well soon and gets a chance to BD!

Fiona, we just need one golden egg to get pregnant! how did your scan goes and is the lining good?

I had follicle scan yesterday at CD12, I have one dominant 23mm follicle on my left ovary nothing on my right. Lining is 11mm. He asked me if I wanted a HCG trigger shot but I said no.

I told the gynae I seemed to have ovulated on CD11 based on +opk and my BBT. He saw some fluid behind my uterus which can mean that I ovulated, so I might ovulate twice!? Doctor say is possible! I am confused!

Kat, grow eggy grow! You will ovulate when the egg grow to a certain size, so don't lost hope!

greenorchid,sorry to hear that but i hope your DH gets well soon and gets a chance to BD!

Fiona, we just need one golden egg to get pregnant! how did your scan goes and is the lining good?

I had follicle scan yesterday at CD12, I have one dominant 23mm follicle on my left ovary nothing on my right. Lining is 11mm. He asked me if I wanted a HCG trigger shot but I said no.

I told the gynae I seemed to have ovulated on CD11 based on +opk and my BBT. He saw some fluid behind my uterus which can mean that I ovulated, so I might ovulate twice!? Doctor say is possible! I am confused!

Ovulate twice?! I've never heard of it - how wonderful!!

Well, I have GREAT news!! I went in for my 2nd follicle check, and I have THREE big follicles!! :happydance: Two on the left side, one at 15mm and one at 17mm; and one on the right at 15mm. The plan: They want the follicles a wee bit bigger, so I'm going back Monday for one more follicle check. Everything should look good by then, and if so, we'll do the IUI on Tuesday. morning! I'm so happy!

Ovulate twice?! I've never heard of it - how wonderful!!

Well, I have GREAT news!! I went in for my 2nd follicle check, and I have THREE big follicles!! :happydance: Two on the left side, one at 15mm and one at 17mm; and one on the right at 15mm. The plan: They want the follicles a wee bit bigger, so I'm going back Monday for one more follicle check. Everything should look good by then, and if so, we'll do the IUI on Tuesday. morning! I'm so happy!

Kat that is really great news! Three follicles is an amazing result. I hope that it all goes well on Monday and Tuesday.

Shiseru - why didn't you want the trigger shot?

Kat, that's wonderful news! So happy for you!

Fiona, I am not sure if there will be any impact if I chose to take the trigger because I felt i have ovulated although there is one folicie shown on the ultrasound scan. Are you in your 2ww?

Come on BFP!

My IUI is scheduled for tomorrow morning! I have one follicle at 20mm and one at 22mm! I've had my trigger shot this morning, and my ovulation test strip showed positive ovulation afterward!

That is really great news Kat. You must be really excited. Isn't it weird how ovaries work. In a few days you went from one follicle to three, then two. I can see how some of those multiple pregnancies can happen now!

Just out of curiosity, what supplements are you all taking? Or have you stopped them whilst doing treatment?

That is really great news Kat. You must be really excited. Isn't it weird how ovaries work. In a few days you went from one follicle to three, then two. I can see how some of those multiple pregnancies can happen now!

Just out of curiosity, what supplements are you all taking? Or have you stopped them whilst doing treatment?

I still have three follicles, but one of them is not quite big enough, and she doesn't thing that one will release an egg. Yeah, thanks ~I am SO excited! Finally I get to try something that could really work! :happydance:

Do you mean prenatal vitamins? I was told to continue with them no matter what.

Kat, that's 2 great follicies perfect size for trigger. TWIN! Hee..

Fiona, i am taking prenatal vitamins and fish oil. I lost my first child at 20 weeks due to spina bifida. I have been taking folic acid diligently after that.

Today is DPO 5. In the past my BBT were usually higher post O, this cycle on clomid it is not as high.

Thanks for the well wishes! MY DH sperm count after the wash was only 6 mil, so I admit I didn't have a ton of hope. The doc said it really wasn't a disaster, that it was equivalent to a B-, but I'm afraid to hope. I'm disappointed because his initial test was... 90 mil or something great.

Anyway, the procedure itself went fine. I felt one really quick cramp and that was it. I feel fine a few hours later, but I'm resting just in case.

So my pregnancy testing date is November 6th! *prays for a PFP*

Kat, you do only need just one of those little blighters! Hopefully the champion got your eggy!

Now into the 2ww! Exciting... or not? haha

Kat, you do only need just one of those little blighters! Hopefully the champion got your eggy!

Now into the 2ww! Exciting... or not? haha

Man, I hope so! And yes, I think the TWW is exciting! It means I have a real shot, and that I'm going to find out pretty soon. I've been jealous of the ladies in the TWW during the months I couldn't try because of a meds testing month or had the cysts.

How is it going for you?

Hello ladies, w had a long weekend Friday was a public holiday so I had a great time with my family!

11 DPO and not feeling optimistic this cycle, though BBT went up, down and up again this morning. I just can't see the stork bringing the babies to me this cycle! >_<

A little cramp here and there too. Just hope the clomid won't extend my LP if not pregnant so i can get on the next cycle soon!

How are you ladies dealing with the 2ww?

Fiona, i am taking prenatal vitamins and fish oil. I lost my first child at 20 weeks due to spina bifida. I have been taking folic acid diligently after that.

Today is DPO 5. In the past my BBT were usually higher post O, this cycle on clomid it is not as high.

I'm sorry to hear that Shiseru. :hugs:

I was asking about vitamins out of curiosity. I'm taking so many I probably rattle when I walk!

Good luck Kat! Your DH's count might not have been as high as you wanted, but as you only need one, 6 million is plenty.

Are you all testing early or waiting for your official testing dates? I'm 10 DPO, so will start testing today.

Hello ladies, w had a long weekend Friday was a public holiday so I had a great time with my family!

11 DPO and not feeling optimistic this cycle, though BBT went up, down and up again this morning. I just can't see the stork bringing the babies to me this cycle! >_<

A little cramp here and there too. Just hope the clomid won't extend my LP if not pregnant so i can get on the next cycle soon!

How are you ladies dealing with the 2ww?

I think you are feeling that way because you don't want to be disappointed! And I understand that. I hope you're wrong, though.:flower:

I'm sorry to hear that Shiseru. :hugs:

I was asking about vitamins out of curiosity. I'm taking so many I probably rattle when I walk!

Good luck Kat! Your DH's count might not have been as high as you wanted, but as you only need one, 6 million is plenty.

Are you all testing early or waiting for your official testing dates? I'm 10 DPO, so will start testing today.

I hope so!! It would be so great. We also used Soft Cups, so maybe he had a better count when we did that at home.

I think I'll test at Day 10, too! I know it doesn't mean anything if it says negative, but I won't be able to wait anymore. I'm 6 DPiui

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->