Anyone else starting healthy eating plan??

littleprinces

Reaction score
I am trying to start a new healthy diet to TTC, but it seems that once you start a diet chocolate becomes even more irresistible! Does anyone have any tips or advice to sticking to a diet? I really want to do everything I can so that when I get pregnant I can have a healthy baby (and hopefully it won't be a chocoholic like mummy!!) thanks girlies xxx:happydance:

I'm trying to eat more healthily so I am in the habit when I get pregnant. Rather than calling it a "diet" (I don't need to loose weight) I am just trying to make sure I eat 5 fruit and veg a day and because there is no way I can give up chocolate I just have a snack size bar each day - keeps the cravings in check! If I am hungry when it isn't a meal time I try and make sure I eat something that isn't choc/cake/sweets like some wholemeal toast or a yoghurt and piece of fruit etc.

If I want something really sweet I like the fruit juice ice lollies they are yummy. Not sure if they count towards your five a day though :haha:

snoobles x

My tip is: It's all about moderation, don't deny yourself! I've been trying to eat healthier lately (less fast food, more fruits and veggies) but I don't deny my cravings either. To help with the chocoholic problem try eating really good for the whole day, or week, and reward yourself with a small candy bar. That will help keep your craving for it down and motivate you to eat healthy.
I've had to cut down on my caffeine intake since we began TTC, since I know it will be easier if I just do it now rather than later. So far I've gotten down to two cans of diet dr. pepper a day! Pretty good considering I used to drink about a liter a day:blush:

thanks ladies, i am a wee bit of a chocoholic but not as bad as i used to be. trying to get the other half to eat properly is another battle altoghether! Just loading him up with vitamins and supplements :p baby dust to you both! x

i started using the website www.myfitnesspal.com to help me lose weight. It tells you how many calories to eat each day and how much you will weigh in 5 weeks if you cont to eat like you do. Its neat to see how much you will weigh after you have had A LOT food for the day! yikes!

I'm in the same boat. My Dr told me that if I can lose 20 or so pounds before we start IVF it will greatly increase our chances. I didn't realize how much TTC had caused me to gain. I don't really have any advice because I have a salt addiction I can't control. I have noticed that if I go for a walk and relax
my crazings aren't nearly as bad.

Me & OH are both watching what we eat, I now eat my 30g of cereal in a morning (still trying to get him to eat breakfast with me before I go to work) and then have fruit or a yoghurt for a snack at about 10am, for lunch it's usually something low fat with a yoghurt and packet of crisps (these are my weakness and I have them as desert lol!) for tea we eat alot of veg and usually something meat free (low in sat fat)

I found that I never stick to "diets" just simply changing the way I eat makes me keeps me on track and when I did slimming world it actually helped to keep the weight off if I fell off the band wagon. I never deny myself of anything if I want it I will have it :) I love food, I could never just starv myself lol.

Hopefully I should be seeing the benifits soon and when I do finally fall pregnant it wont be a drastic change.

Yes! Hubby and I have completely cut out processed sugars and grains and are now eating far more fresh fruits and vegetables. So far, we've been at it a month and feel great. I've lost seven pounds without even limiting my portions or counting calories. Heck, we even drink whole milk instead of skim.

Something I never considered before now is how inflammatory corn and its bi-products can be. I have a bad knee (arthritis from an old injury) and once I cut out corn, the morning stiffness and pain went away entirely. My husband's reflux and bowel issues (sorry, TMI) have also cleared up. I'm not sure if that's from cutting out corn or gluten; I've heard IBS has been linked to gluten intolerance.

I know it probably sounds like a radical plan, but it's actually been really easy. I've never felt hungry or deprived, and neither has hubby. When we were on a calorie counting, low-fat diet, we were both miserable. I definitely prefer losing weight and getting healthy this way.

some great advice, I think if i stop thinking of it as a diet it will be much easier for me. thanks girls! babydust xx

I've cut down the amount of coke I drink, mostly have juice or squash now (I can't drink water on it's own, makes me feel sick). OH has turned veggie so I'm eating a lot less meat now and I love my veg anyway. I'm finding it hard to change my eating habits though as I snack between meals and I find it easier to take snack size choccy bars to work than fruit. Must try harder to be good!

I am attempting to eat healither. Cutting down on soda, drinking more water while at work. Adding more fruit and veggies!!! I love fruit!!! Next step is to get DH to quit smoking!!
Ai I dunno how long that ones gonna take.
Good luck girls, stay strong!!

thats the same position I am in, today I had a healthy salad and felt really good... then because I had nothing to do for the rest of the evening I couldn't stop snacking and when I wasn't snacking I was thinking about snacking! xx

I'm in the same boat - I am a comfort/boredom eater and the past 3 days have been terrible. OH's parents visited on Saturday and we had fish and chip supper, then at 11pm I was madly craving Chinese food so I have some fried rice with chicken satay, Sunday I finished up the Chinese then yesterday after dinner OH and I decided to go to the shop and we bought and ate pringles, peanuts and a pack of biscuits!

I know I need to change my eating habits and exercise more to lose some weight, but I get bored easily and if I don't see results or feel any better I think 'what's the point'. I do need to get back into it though as my 14's are getting too tight for my liking.

I am also on a health kick to help my ttc chances, or at least distract myself!
My best advice is to try to do some exercise first thing in the morning. That way it's definitely been done for the day and you can't talk yourself out if it on the way home from work. I also find that this helps me throughout the day to eat better. What's the point of exercising if I ruin it with chocolate?!!?
Lately I've also been drinking twinnings lemon and Ginger tea in the afternoon when I feel like something sweet. It fills me up and takes my mind off it until the craving goes

I've lost about 20lbs - maybe a bit more. It's definitely helped as my cycles prior to the weight loss were somewhat erratic and pushing 45+ days regularly. Now, following the weight loss, my cycles are more regular at 30 days. Obviously this is going to make TTC much easier (I hope!)

I also feel great - which has been a nice side-effect, not to mention my wardrobe now is filled with things that don't fit, so I'm going to have get down the shops to buy some new things soon!

Good Luck :)

Tx

p.s. I did it via the Low Carb method - no sugar at all basically!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->