Anyone else stressed about what people will think?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Or just me?! I'm really worried it'll be awful or have a bad atmosphere or people will hate everything or the organisation will all go to hell. Does anyone else have these fears?!?

Yes me :(
Im really worried myself what it will all look like together, im hoping it all goes and fits with the look im going for!

nope, i couldnt give a toss if people like/hate my food, like my dress what they think of my venue .. my wedding is not to please anyone but myself and my husband and as long as the outcome is that me and my husband are married... then i couldnt give two shits about peoples opinions

im terrified lol, i get married on the 22nd of this month and am also scared of whether people lke my dress lol, i was at my sister in laws a year ago and she looked stunning am finding myself looking up to her , and she is my bridesmaid , hope she dont show me up hahaha , am sure t will all turn out fine, suppose we have to worry bout things like this for it all to turn out right hey, ps av been ttc for a year now after STB had a VR , but i had my gallbladder out in feb so its set me back i thinks , hope everyone is ok and good luck with your wedding days , hope its a very special lovely rememberable day x

I'm scared because we're having such a small low budget wedding that everyone will hate it, but at the end of it all me and OH being married is the point of day.

I saw something the other day that you could use as a little mantra

if at the end of the day you're married to the one you love, everything went perfectly.

Even if things go wrong, they will become funny stories you tell your kids and you'll be able to look back and laugh at the funny happy memories. And if people don't like it stuff them, it's not all about them. They will just know that this was important to you, that it was what made you and your OH happy and they will love that x

if at the end of the day you're married to the one you love, everything went perfectly.

Even if things go wrong, they will become funny stories you tell your kids and you'll be able to look back and laugh at the funny happy memories. And if people don't like it stuff them, it's not all about them. They will just know that this was important to you, that it was what made you and your OH happy and they will love that x

I'm already married :haha: My wedding day is my celebration and day to be superficial and feel like a princess. Thank you though, it's very true!

I'm already married :haha: My wedding day is my celebration and day to be superficial and feel like a princess. Thank you though, it's very true!

Then it doesn't really matter what other people think as this is your day to have things your way. As long as you feel like a princess then it's perfect x

We got married in December, and my grandma told me something I will treasure. "A wedding is like life, if it is perfect there is no story to tell."
So long story short my wedding day was perfect for me, my topper fell off my cake and my bustle ripped when my husband lifted me up. But those are the stories I will tell my children, grandchildren and friends. My grandma got married right after WWII and the truck backfired and made the whole cake taste like gas. She still tells the story about it. Just remember at the end of the day you are with the one you love. My husband was looking at our album yesterday and he said he never saw me smile so much as that day, despite the little things going wrong.

If they dont like it they can piss off home and give me the money back for their meal and drinks!

Not me, fuck em! I know certain people are going to be snobby at my wedding, simply for the fact we aren't have a ''proper'' sit down 3 course meal, were having a hot buffet! Were also not having a ''proper'' cake. Were having croquembouche. All the little things make it personal to you, if people don't like it that is their problem :) xx

Yes even more so as it gets closer ! Only 4 days to go :S I just want it to all pull together like I planned in my head. Ours is no were near traditional or expensive bit its exactly what we want which is why I think im worried more as its almost an opinion of us over all silly I know but urgh, fingers crossed I don't over hear any little digs x

I think people hated my wedding! It was an hour long Lutheran ceremony that started like 30 minutes late (woops...), and then they had to wait for two hours at the reception site before luncheon. We paid for cheese/cracker/fruit hors d'evoures, but apparently they ran out like an hour in, so people were STARVING! And there was no dancing at the end.
I think the only people who had a good time at our wedding were us, the grandparents, and the people who went clubbing with us that night (we invited 20 people to come and rented a limo bus to and from the clubs!)

Hi! I'm only starting my planning [got engaged at the end of March], and yes, I do worry about some people not enjoying it - but it is just a few people who I worry about, because I'm sure they wouldn't keep it to themselves. We are going to have a small wedding, and decorate it ourselves, so I'm sure some people there will be expecting something bigger...

but really I know that my close family and friends will all LOVE it and most of them all want to help out. So I think you just need to try and ignore what people will think - everyone has their own expectations of what a wedding should be - you can't please everyone, so just remember that you will have an awesome time with the people you love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->