Anyone else struggling to find BCP that works for them?

Delamere19

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Hi,

went to the docs today about some issues I've been having down below and got diagnosed with thrush. Never had it before so it's a new one on me!!! Anyway, I also went about my bc. Since I had my LO I have struggled to find a pill that works. I'm now on a progesterone pill as my doc thinks oestrogen pills aren't agreeing with me. I was pretty disgusted when she said I shouldn't have been given the oestrogen pill as I had a history of migraine with auras and that sort of pill gives you a higher risk of a stroke!! Thanks a lot previous doctors!!! So if I dont get on with this pill it's back to the drawing board. (I tried this pill before and didn't like the unpredictability of not knowing if you will bleed or not). The other option is the coil. It's a whole new experience for me, I've never had it. I don't know how I feel about it tbh. Anyone else have the coil? x

I have a copper coil so no hormones its fab. No problems with it a tiny little bit of mid cycle spotting but not enough to mark underwater apart from that it's a but crampy when it 1st goes in but that's about it I would recommend it to any. It also doesn't affect cycles like the pill van so you can ttc straight away after having it removed if you want to.

Im having trouble at the moment. Hormones dont generally agree with me. I turn into a bit of a mad woman.

Ive got a copper coil too. Im having a bit of trouble with it at the moment because it seems to have moved and is hurting but honestly, it was fine before this.

I will get it again when its sorted out because its easy and hormone free.

Thanks, yeah I have been so moody with these last pills its unreal. Up and down like a rollercoaster. x Might give the coil a go. x

I had my coil removed today because of pains but i would definitely still recommend it. Ive been given Microgynon 30 to try but if it doesnt suit me i will go back to the coil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->