Anyone else struggling with healthy eating?

callmedan

Reaction score
I am seriously so bad, I've managed less than 2 fruits and veg a day these past 12 weeks... I just can't get them down
Anyone else having this problem? I feel bad xx

I am struggling with eating much of anything non-carb due to the nausea - especially fruit and vegetables. Thinking of trying to make a smoothie to get some more fruit in but even that doesn't sound appealing :sick:

So no, you're not alone!

Oh yeah, totally. It's the first trimester, treat yourself gently and just try to eat what you can. I'm 11 weeks and I think there are only two vegetables I've eaten this entire first trimester...not counting french fries or potato chips :haha:

So normal, I remember with #1 I was around 12 weeks and my sweet but sometimes thick DH says "So...when do you think you are going to start eating healthy?" Suffice to say that did NOT go over well and he has not yet lived it down to this day.

Now with #2 it is the same. With anti-nausea meds I am getting more fruit and veg in but overall its pretty bad.

My midwife told me last time that honestly, you could eat potato chips all 1st tri and it would be fine. You will make up for it once you can stomach it!

I was doing so well at first but this week has been bad. I've given into a lot of cravings and feel guilty about it.

Ps. gaiagirl, we have the same due date:)

Oh, definitely struggling. Had such wonderful plans and started out so well but all fell apart at week 6 when the nausea hit me. All the wonderful smoothies I prepped and stocked in the fridge went down the drain - couldn't stand the smell of them. Wonderful healthy dishes I made, I sat and watched my partner eat the whole pot while I ate bread and cheese! At this point, any eating is healthy eating for me. I do try to snack on grapes and cut fruit throughout the day, and hope that they and my prenatals will keep things above board til my tummy decides to behave.

Healthy eating impossible here too, I'm pretty much on a diet consisting of bread and plain toast, I'm having a bigger problem with drink as water gives me reflux and my go to drinks fanta and oasis I can't stand the taste of anymore so I'm getting really thirsty and not having anything to drink :(

me too. Im living on thick white fresh bread and mature cheese at the moment. Fruit and veg always comes back up (tmi) and makes me feel more nauseous. Only fruit I can have is fresh orange juice! Im starting to feel better now so tying to get back to eating better now

Yep see my thread on a meal plan, I couldn't eat until recently and now I eat carbs.. Tonight I have manages tuna and avocado and it has helped. This is rare though.

I am pretty much living on blueberry muffins, French fries, pretzels, apples, and milk. I don't want to eat anything else :sick:

I'm okay with fruits.. I manage to eat an apple and a grapefruit most days. Veg is where I'm struggling.. I can eat raw carrots and tomatoes occasionally, but any cooked veg smells horrendous to me. And every time I speak to a certain family member I hear "You have to eat avocado every day so your baby will be healthy!!". I don't even eat them when I'm feeling fine. They smell and taste like burnt plastic to me. I no longer eat at family functions because I get tired of the judgy looks people give because I can't eat the veg or meat. My husband has been super supportive though. Any time I think of a food that actually sounds good to me, he gets it right away. He knows that in 30 minutes it probably won't sound good anymore..lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->